Terry Crews Freaks Outs over His New Monstrous Gaming PC

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
For the last few months, JayzTwoCents has been conceptualizing and building a badass, Old Spice-inspired water-cooled PC for Terry Crews, and the culmination of all that effort has finally arrived. As demonstrated in the video, Crews is totally ecstatic about it—the system features beautiful glass and a NVIDIA GTX Titan Xp SLI setup.

This week, Crews got a monster of a gaming PC, built by PC Tech Youtuber JayzTwoCents, and it's made him extremely happy. The 30-minute video catalogs what it took to make the PC, how it personalized for Crews, and the road to delivering the PC to him, including a short-lived prank which Crews could not have taken in more in stride.

LOL Old spice not be confused with the the other guy who did the commercials.

The important part of the video is from about 8 to 9 minutes in. The system looks pretty well done from what I can see. There might be more but I'm not sifting through 30 minutes of video to find it.

6 months to make a custom build, geez, this guy needs to speed things up a bit. :D

He is not a pro builder/modder like many of us. His job is making videos. He learns from us and then uses that information to make videos to make money but also helps to promote this enthusiast niche to the broader community much as Travis Jank and I do on TV. I am sure much of the time was communicating and waiting for sponsored parts to arrive as well as communicating with a busy Terry Crews on the project. He did a good job (granted he and I are not exactly the best of friends . . .).

Looks good, I agree not a huge fan of the wire management but that is me picking the fly shit out of the pepper. The paint has some orange peel issues as well.

Can someone list the specs YouTube is currently blocked for me

Terry Crews Gaming PC Parts List
Intel i7 - 6950X (Overclocked to conservative 4GHz)
ASUS WS-E/10G
NVIDIA GTX Titan Xp SLI (Yes, the new ones)
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum SE #94
PATRIOT Hellfire 480GB m.2 NVME SSD
PATRIOT Ignite 960GB SATA SSD
WD Black 2TB HDD
InWin Tou 2.0 Case Custom Powdercoated Red/Silver
Glass Etch Work by GeForce Garage
InWin 1065w Modular PSU
Custom Sleeved Cables by Senpai Studios
(2x) EKWB Coolstream 360 Radiators
EKWB Supremacy Evo CPU Block
EKWB GTX Titan Xp Waterblocks
EKWB XRES Pump Combo
Primochill Revolver Rigid Tubing Fittings
Primochill PETG Rigid Tubing (13mm)

Jay apparently did a lot of small touches to the case. Which I wish they had really spent the time and either made a case build log or just upped a video that went through all the small final changes to the computer. Why things were mounted as they were, why this and why not that- type of thing.

I've been a subscriber of Jay for a while now and it's Jay's fault I'm getting into watercooling.

He is not a pro builder/modder like many of us. His job is making videos. He learns from us and then uses that information to make videos to make money but also helps to promote this enthusiast niche to the broader community much as Travis Jank and I do on TV. I am sure much of the time was communicating and waiting for sponsored parts to arrive as well as communicating with a busy Terry Crews on the project. He did a good job (granted he and I are not exactly the best of friends . . .).

Plus he worked with multiple people to get it done. He didn't do the painting, glass etching, or cables himself.

Jay apparently did a lot of small touches to the case. Which I wish they had really spent the time and either made a case build log or just upped a video that went through all the small final changes to the computer. Why things were mounted as they were, why this and why not that- type of thing.

I've been a subscriber of Jay for a while now and it's Jay's fault I'm getting into watercooling.

Yeah, Jay got me into water cooling as well. His early tutorial videos especially. I'd heard about it before and was curious but when I found his videos it got me really into wanting to go that route.

Terry's enthusiasm made my day. The RAM touch was nice where they got the special edition number that matched his number.
I am so with you there, Terry's reaction stole the show. This was very fun to watch, I do not ever remember having goosebumps over a build! I fully agree with the RAM touch, pretty badass to do such.

Terry has made a career out of his very unique enthusiasm. Its refreshing to see him also act like this in normal day-to-day life.

Love Terry crews. Seems genuinally excited. Heck of a rig too!

Reactions: Rahh
like this
When I heard about Terry Crews being a fan of PC gaming, I didn't really take it serious and forgot about it. Figured some company paid him to advertise something PC-related.

But, holy crap, if his enthusiasm doesn't seem totally legit for PC hardware. Makes me wonder if Crews is lurking amongst us in [H].

Last time [H] posted a video about Crews building a PC, I looked on IMDB and found I had seen movies that he's in, but I can't name one offhand. That said, his excitement is a joy to behold. He seems like a very genuine and likeable guy (of course he's an actor, so maybe it's all an act ;) ) Really glad I watched this. I'm still smiling.

am i the only one who finds the case ugly ? too big ? white and red ?...cool build thou

Last edited:
Jay is pretty humble in these videos. It's refreshing. I like him a lot.

Agreed. I like his channel because there is something very normal, causal, and down to earth about his approach to things. He doesn't try to sound like a belittling know-it-all-expert but also doesn't mince words on certain topics. He's a pretty solid enthusiast with entertaining videos.

When I heard about Terry Crews being a fan of PC gaming, I didn't really take it serious and forgot about it. Figured some company paid him to advertise something PC-related.

But, holy crap, if his enthusiasm doesn't seem totally legit for PC hardware. Makes me wonder if Crews is lurking amongst us in [H].

He got into it because his son is really into it. He figured that he wanted to show interest in what his son showed interest in as well but, through Facebook live videos, he shows how he reaaally ended up getting into it as an added side effect.

Darth, I miss our Facebook exchanges.:ninja: It's all so boring now.

Last time [H] posted a video about Crews building a PC, I looked on IMDB and found I had seen movies that he's in, but I can't name one offhand. That said, his excitement is a joy to behold. He seems like a very genuine and likeable guy (of course he's an actor, so maybe it's all an act ;) ) Really glad I watched this. I'm still smiling.

I'm pretty sure you cannot act goosebumps. :)

Very Cool Build! I hope the water Cooling doesn't backfire, and grow fungus after 6 months.

Ones I can think of off the top of my head. White Chicks, Friday after Next, Idiocracy (played the President), Longest Yard, all the Expendables movies, Soul Plane, Get Smart. He is on Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I know he has been in many other movies and tv series. So it really isn't that hard to have seen any of the movies he was in if you watch movies.

Ones I can think of off the top of my head. White Chicks, Friday after Next, Idiocracy (played the President), Longest Yard, all the Expendables movies, Soul Plane, Get Smart. He is on Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I know he has been in many other movies and tv series. So it really isn't that hard to have seen any of the movies he was in if you watch movies.

I have to watch White Girls again. That scene where he is singing Vanessa Carlton's A Thousand Miles.

Meh, I just got rid of my wc 750d setup and went with a laptop.

I grew out of the watercooling and the nuisance of redoing the coolant yearly.

Only thing I miss is the 144Hz 24" acer monitor.

For this person I never heard of, does he know how to change out the coolant? LOLz.

For this person I never heard of, does he know how to change out the coolant? LOLz.

If you don't know who Terry Crews is you haven't watched any tv in the last 15 years.

Terry Crews made a living out of flexing his titties on camera. I like the guy but this is pretty much what he's famous for.

Very Cool Build! I hope the water Cooling doesn't backfire, and grow fungus after 6 months.

With the amount of experience Jay has had with coolant going bad I'm pretty sure he picked something that would last a while. In the video he said it should last two years before needing to be changed.

In the video Jay said he'd come out and change the coolant for Crews when it needs changing. Changing coolant isn't that much of a hassle if you design your loop to make it easy. My loop will be a little annoying to drain and refil when the time comes, but that's mostly due to the limitations of the case and where I had to stuff everything. But, really, even if I do it once a year, a half hour once per year isn't that much of an issue.

For the last few months, JayzTwoCents has been conceptualizing and building a badass, Old Spice-inspired water-cooled PC for Terry Crews, and the culmination of all that effort has finally arrived. As demonstrated in the video, Crews is totally ecstatic about it—the system features beautiful glass and a NVIDIA GTX Titan Xp SLI setup.

This week, Crews got a monster of a gaming PC, built by PC Tech Youtuber JayzTwoCents, and it's made him extremely happy. The 30-minute video catalogs what it took to make the PC, how it personalized for Crews, and the road to delivering the PC to him, including a short-lived prank which Crews could not have taken in more in stride.

Terry who?

Honestly If I cared enough I could Google him, but I don't even know who this dude is supposed to be, much less who he actually is.

Terry who?

Honestly If I cared enough I could Google him, but I don't even know who this dude is supposed to be, much less who he actually is.

o_O What was the purpose of this post? Just move along if you aren't interested in this news.

On-topic, looks like a sweet machine and the more celebrities pimping custom gaming PCs, the better for exposure and bringing more folks into the PCMR, IMO.

o_O What was the purpose of this post? Just move along if you aren't interested in this news.

On-topic, looks like a sweet machine and the more celebrities pimping custom gaming PCs, the better for exposure and bringing more folks into the PCMR, IMO.

MavericK who? ....................................

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

I'd vote for him when not batin' !
If I lived in Uhmerica :)
It is a love/hate film but I really liked it as it had some gem moments :)
Thought his role in Blended was quite amusing as well, yeah one of those Romcom you have to watch with the girlfriend/wife.
Cheers

Back