Terry Crews Brings Celebrity Muscle To PC Gaming

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I think this cements Terry as a pretty chill dude even though he’s a celebrity. The system he’s building includes an X99 Sabertooth motherboard, GeForce GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum, and 2TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD. He says that this isn’t a sponsored project and that “there's nothing wrong with gaming, there's nothing wrong with video games and all that stuff.”

Crews is also a dad, and that's part of what drew him to build a gaming PC, which will replace an iMac that sits on his desk. "I have decided to join the legion of the PC gaming community and I'm going to build my own PC," Crew says near the beginning of his 12-minute video. He goes on to explain that "this is something I enjoy doing with my son," noting that his kid is a "big time gamer" and that this is something that brings them closer together. Crews says he got hooked to PC gaming during a Battlefield 1 session with Jamie Foxx, Snoop Dogg, and other celebrities. Now with the help of someone named "Pony Lion," he's ready to build a system.

So... "Muscle what! Headshot what? Muscle headshot yeah." :D Seriously I kinda can't wait for him to come up with a "muscle controller" for laughs.

That was pretty cool. I don't have to convince too many people here how much you can get out of building a gaming rig.

Looked at that list and said "Hmmm doesn't look like it's a paid sponsorship thing..." then I read further (sorry in many instances, I like to read not watch a video of someone explaining what could easily be done in 1/10th the time by reading) and sure enough he's actually building a PC... and replacing an iMac :D :D :D

I like to read not watch a video of someone explaining what could easily be done in 1/10th the time by reading)

Agreed. But I think that stuff like this needs to be video as that's really how so many people get stuff these days. Like everything else, the "PC Master Race" has to figure out was to reinvent itself to appeal to a new generation. Which is kind of odd considering just how freaking advanced the tech is a custom build rig like this. But a lot of people really don't get that. Many people think that a smartphones or consoles are more advanced than PCs. That they literally are superior technology. But then there's the sticker shock when you tell them just how much this stuff can add up too.

But wait, Battlefield 1 isn't released yet.... is he a time traveler?

I don't think I know who this guy is, but I gotta say I got a kick out of the video. I laughed quite a bit and had a smile throughout. Probably the only thing I'd change is get the EVO instead of the Pro (he's not running a server, so it's wasted money..not that it matters to him) and maybe the case, though I'd have to research his case to be sure, but that's personal preference and general cheapness.

One thing I don't get is the 6800k. Shouldn't a Broadwell CPU be a 5800k (or alternatively a Skylake CPU). I feel like Intel is pulling a fast one.

I expect his in game character to do this:
9MqEv.gif

Celebrity "Terry Crews"? Never heard of him.

We do have Elon Musk on board as part of the PC Master Race though!

Reactions: M76
like this
It is pretty cool to see him interested in "building" his system himself and not going out and dropping some of his "big bucks" for a prebuilt system with all the bells and whistles. He will learn a lot more about what he has and what he can do with it by building it himself. DIY will help with making decisions on future upgrades and what improvements he will want to make.

I wonder if he knows that there are all kinds od mod stuff of him in Left 4 Dead 2...hahahaha

I have never heard of Terry Crews before....

At first I though he might have been the "full retard" guy from Tropic Thunder, but I looked it up, and no... That was Robert Downey Jr!?!?

How was that never a massive "blackface" controversy?

You must live under a rock! lol
Terry Crews on ImDB

I went through the filmography and I think I might have seen him on Everybody Hates Christ, but not sure, I didn't really watch that show.

Looked through his filmography, and the only film of his I've seen was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" in which he would only have done a voice, so there's no way I would have recognized him. :p

Looks like he's been in a bunch of junk films over the last 15 years I've had no interest in seeing.

Last edited:
Yeah I agreed with another guy who posted earlier. His call name better be President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.

I enjoyed the first two Expendables movies. You should give them a try. He's a pretty funny guy.

I went through the filmography and I think I mighthave seen him on Everybody Hates Christ, but not sure, I didn't really watch that show.

Looked through his filnography, and the only film of his I've seen was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" in which he would only have done a voice, so there's no way I would have recognized him. :p

Looks like he's been in a bunch of junk films over the last 15 years I've had no interest in seeing.

He's also done some pretty epic old spice commercials.

Did he say something about playing Uncharted 4 on that system? Isn't that a PS4 exclusive?

I checked out curved monitors and TVs and they didn't make me feel like I was "in the game". It's just a shallow curve and not a wrap around curve so I see no benefit to them at all and will never buy one.

No GPU? Please tell me he's not using the vibe with the intel graphics :D:D

The best part is getting rid of the Mac hehhee

I went through the filmography and I think I might have seen him on Everybody Hates Christ, but not sure, I didn't really watch that show.

Looked through his filmography, and the only film of his I've seen was "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" in which he would only have done a voice, so there's no way I would have recognized him. :p

The guy steals the show in many of the movies he appears. Even the sucky ones like White chicks and Blended.

At first I though he might have been the "full retard" guy from Tropic Thunder, but I looked it up, and no... That was Robert Downey Jr!?!?

How was that never a massive "blackface" controversy?
Because it was an obvious they were making fun of him. And it was definitely discussed at the time.

You must live under a rock! lol
Terry Crews on ImDB
I've seen some of those, I just don't remember him, though I haven't seen most in years, so I'd probably recognize him if I rewatched the movies. My guess is he gets a lot of recognition from that Real housewives (or is it husbands?) show.

I checked out curved monitors and TVs and they didn't make me feel like I was "in the game". It's just a shallow curve and not a wrap around curve so I see no benefit to them at all and will never buy one.
Id' agree, but maybe it helps with shifts in blacks. I find that even on some IPS screens blacks get lighter if you get off axis. Just a guess though. I've always gone for the flat panels.

Id' agree, but maybe it helps with shifts in blacks. I find that even on some IPS screens blacks get lighter if you get off axis. Just a guess though. I've always gone for the flat panels.

Maybe but who sits in front of their monitor way off axis anyway?

Maybe but who sits in front of their monitor way off axis anyway?
I don't recall the size of his monitor. It wouldn't really matter except for pure black, which is probably more of an issue with video and photos than games.

1. Terry is clearly overcompensating because of the pent-up energy from resisting his sex addiction.
2. Everyone should know Terry Crews because everyone should be watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Great show and Terry is great on it.

1080s sell out within minutes from the nowinstock tracker. Don't tell me he sat there clicking f5 to buy it.

Back