TeraCopy FTW!

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
i must say, i have seen teracopy mentioned many times in threads for an alternative.

So, i finally decided to try it out at home and work, and i really love the detail, to show the progress on each file, and the more realistic bandwidth being used between drives.

My point of this thread is everyone should try it, i am going to install it at work on our servers and workstation, the accuracy alone will be beneficial to users!

i must say, i have seen teracopy mentioned many times in threads for an alternative.

So, i finally decided to try it out at home and work, and i really love the detail, to show the progress on each file, and the more realistic bandwidth being used between drives.

My point of this thread is everyone should try it, i am going to install it at work on our servers and workstation, the accuracy alone will be beneficial to users!

Amen!

But before you install it at work, check the licensing. I think the free version is only for home/personal use.

I've been using it a while, and it works great. Unless I throw a bunch of files up in the queue, then it will crash and spit in my face. But, if I do maybe 3 at a time, it will smile and politely do as it's told.

Started using the free version of Teracopy...loving it!

However, whenever I copy/move/cut files now....I have to accept a UAC prompt in Win7 for Terabyte....little annoying. Any ideas how I can exclude it from UAC?

Started using the free version of Teracopy...loving it!

However, whenever I copy/move/cut files now....I have to accept a UAC prompt in Win7 for Terabyte....little annoying. Any ideas how I can exclude it from UAC?

I ran into this as well. What I did was uninstall TeraCopy and reinstalled it by right clicking on the installer and selecting "Run as administrator" instead of just double clicking on the installer. After doing that, I don't have any prompts regarding UAC action.

Ive used Teracopy to transfer over 4 Tb from one server to another. I did it in about 200 gig sets and didnt have any issues. Whats also nice is it will check CRC for you to make sure nothing got corrupted during the copy. Another neat trick I have found is when you want to make 100% sure that you have the exact same files in 2 places is to copy, select skip all, (and assuming you checked the test after copy option) and let it run thru all the files comparing CRC cheksums. It will quickly blow thru the copy part ( as its skipping everything) and begin to check files.

Due to the overwhelming response Code Sector has agreed to extend this deal for another day

Never used it... does it retain all NTFS permissions while copy data? Is it suitable to use for transferring data from one server to another?

Amen!

But before you install it at work, check the licensing. I think the free version is only for home/personal use.

Ya i saw that once i check their site, but looking to grab about 3 licneses for it, since all our data movement happens from 3 servers and out so i should be good, but as mentioned above, the CRC check alone makes it worth it~!

Back