Temps - 71c ok?

dchrsf

Gawd
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
842
I know I know, not a x1900xtx, but it IS an ati card :)

9600xt running at 71c loaded in BF2.

I unplugged the tiny fan on it and it seems stable, was just wondering if im pushing it temp wise. Thanks!
 
You're probably fine. My card runs at those temps with an ATi Silencer on it. I think 80-90c is when you need to worry.
 
for a 9600 that is WAY too high. if you want it to be quiet, get a better cooler. don't fry it.
 
I thought it was pretty high, but wasent too sure seeing the new cards hit well over that. I guess I will have go snag a artic silencer, was just hoping not to have to spend the doe.

Thanks for at least replying before I got on BF2 lol, I'll go plug it back in!
 
that's still okay. A bit high but it's fine. GPU's routinely run even up into the 80's...only once you start getting above 90C does it really matter.
 
dchrsf said:
I thought it was pretty high, but wasent too sure seeing the new cards hit well over that. I guess I will have go snag a artic silencer, was just hoping not to have to spend the doe.

Thanks for at least replying before I got on BF2 lol, I'll go plug it back in!
IMHO, just plug the fan back in, and rather than put more money into an Arctic Silencer, save for an upgrade. The 9600s won't be very usable for much longer in a serious gaming sense, so I'm not sure it's a great idea to spend more money on one.
 
My 1900XTX hits the low 80's when playing Oblivion for 2 hours straight. I would start to worry if your temps were over 90. Video cards run very hot.
 
Back
Top