• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Temp tools

Which is more accurate?
core temp
Is core temp reliable?
Yes very. It uses the internal Digital Temp Sensors and will thus read higher.
What tools do you use?
We mostly use tools that report DTS temps, speedfan, coretemp, realtemp. everest etc. all will read the same with any discrepencies due to time inverval rounding. Realtemp has become my favorite due to the customized look but frankly after testing etc. I set my cpu alarm and shutdown temp in the bios and do not waste resources running temp monitoring all the time.

Easytune is reading an on board sensor located near or in the cpu socket.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1031080147#post1031080147


Discussion of core layout:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=2186615
 
Last edited:
Which is more accurate?
core temp
Is core temp reliable?
Yes very. It uses the internal Digital Temp Sensors and will thus read higher.
What tools do you use?
We mostly use tools that report DTS temps, speedfan, coretemp, realtemp. everest etc. all will read the same with any discrepencies due to time inverval rounding. Realtemp has become my favorite due to the customized look but frankly after testing etc. I set my cpu alarm and shutdown temp in the bios and do not waste resources running temp monitoring all the time.

Easytune is reading an on board sensor located near or in the cpu socket.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1031080147#post1031080147


Discussion of core layout:
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=2186615


One fun part about all temp programs.
The sensors they use, get worse and worse (more inacurrate) the longer the sensor is from TJMax...so you only have a guess at "low" temps...in no way accurate of the real world.
 
From reading the link, it seems people at anand believes that with vertical orientation to the mobo, the bottom most core is 0 and the top one is 4. Can anyone verify? I used to remember this way back when I first bought the cpu, but I forgot.
 
From reading the link, it seems people at anand believes that with vertical orientation to the mobo, the bottom most core is 0 and the top one is 4. Can anyone verify? I used to remember this way back when I first bought the cpu, but I forgot.
I don't know for certain, but can I ask why you need to know? The core arrangement isn't terribly important in terms of what you can actually do with that knowledge. As long as Core Temp or Real Temp report that your temperatures are a reasonable distance away from Tjmax, you really don't have to worry about them at all.
 
Back
Top