Tekken 6

The18thLetter

[H]ard|Gawd
Official website is now live:
http://www.tekken-official.jp/tk6ac/index.html

There's 2 new characters: a Tidus-like "Leo" and an exotic female by the name of "Zafina", who fights with a really unorthodox fighting style...

On the website are a few screen grabs (small ones) which include appearances by Jack (with customizations that make him look like an upgraded Gun Jack), Bryan Fury, Armor King, and Asuka Kazama.

Lastly, there's a trailer but it's not working for me at the moment. :(
Anyone else having luck with it?

EDIT: Nevermind, the trailer worked after I tried it again. Looks pretty good!! Not up to par with the early PS3 tech demo (what is?), but still pretty good.
Also worth noting: 2007 release date?? Hmm...

Oh man, looking forward to this big time. The Wii is not a very satisfying next-gen graphical experience.

Zafina looks to be like an Italian gypsie or something. Sounded like she was speaking a form of Italian anyway.

Did you see the shotgun in the end of the trailer? hehe

I can't get there from work :p
As long as Armor King's in there I'm happy, though.
I'm personally hoping for some more grapplers and fewer kung fu clones. To me, you've seen one kung fu character, you've seen 'em all.

lol...Gamestop. I heard from them that you can't even RUN a PS3 without a PSP! The PSP is actually the controller for the PS3!
Please, please buy our backstock! Make sure you buy the protection and hint guides for the PSP, too!

lol...Gamestop. I heard from them that you can't even RUN a PS3 without a PSP! The PSP is actually the controller for the PS3!
Please, please buy our backstock! Make sure you buy the protection and hint guides for the PSP, too!

LMAO

Is this still a PS3 exclusive or have they changed that?

The day a new Tekken game comes out on anything other than Sony's flagship console I will run thru the town centre butt naked. Aren't Namco and Sony like the biggest bum chums?

Well......we will forget the GBA steaming turd of a version. And that was hardly 'new' :D

I can't wait to get my sticky mitts on Tekken DR HD, let alone this :)

Man, I haven't really played a Tekken game since Tekken 3 on PS1. What's the best of the PS2 releases?

Tekken 5 is amazing! Best Tekken ever!

Tigerblade, Think it has to do with Sony making the Arcade hardware for Namco... or atleast Namco always using Arcade hardware that is based of the Sony consoles. Every Tekken to release in the arcades was based off the Sony hardware.

Wow.
The main thing that stands out for me is the framerate. That seems to be running at an insane number of frames. Maybe it's just a good video feed, but I'd swear that was 60+ FPS for all of those scenes in the beginning.
AK's definitely back, so I'm happy about that. Leo looks like another cookie cutter kung fu character that does a lot of spinning and weak looking hits. I hope they scrap him to be honest. Zafina looks kind of cool, though. Reminds me a little of Capoeira Angola crossed with some drunken monkey.
I'm not sure how I feel about the gun, though. I mean...Tekken's never been about realism, but that's a bit too much.

Wow.
The main thing that stands out for me is the framerate. That seems to be running at an insane number of frames. Maybe it's just a good video feed, but I'd swear that was 60+ FPS for all of those scenes in the beginning.
AK's definitely back, so I'm happy about that. Leo looks like another cookie cutter kung fu character that does a lot of spinning and weak looking hits. I hope they scrap him to be honest. Zafina looks kind of cool, though. Reminds me a little of Capoeira Angola crossed with some drunken monkey.
I'm not sure how I feel about the gun, though. I mean...Tekken's never been about realism, but that's a bit too much.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd scrap him/her too... but I doubt that's going to happen. The only similar moment in Tekken history where they actually changed a character due to fan outcry was Steve Fox (his former name was Dean Earwicker, IIRC)... I doubt they'd scrap a character as a whole, though. :(

As for the gun, I'm sure it's just a custom item.

I'm just tired of getting kung fu clones personally. To me, it's all the same. There are just so many ways to spin around and slap or kick people.
I'd rather see them get rid of some older characters and tweak styles rather than introduce another variation on some worthless Tai Chi spin off.
I pretty much know they won't scrap Leo at this point (clearly they've put in the time to create him) but I'd much rather see something different.
I've always wanted a knife fighter (no Kunimitsu, but more of a Kali fighter), a western kickboxer (moreso than Bryan), and I'd love to see a grappler using Judo or Ju-Juitsu. Marduk introduced the ground concepts and I'd enjoy seeing more elements of that from another character. Even though it's another Chinese style, Wing Tsun/Chun would be unique and different enough to be included.
The concept of a rough and tumble streetfighter might also be nice.
They've covered most major styles in some way shape or form, so it's time to get rid of some characters in order to keep things fresh.

Zafina looks kind of cool, though. Reminds me a little of Capoeira Angola crossed with some drunken monkey.

Looks like they ripped her fighting style straight from Shun of Virtua Fighter fame.

The original bad ass piss head!

Ah well. As long as the gameplay is good, I guess they can stretch reality a little. I just hope it's not much of a projectile. That's what makes Tekken what it is.
Hopefully Leo will be lousy and I'll never have to worry about playing against him :p

Back