• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
R1ckCa1n said:
Nope... Aquastream just for the XT and video card block and the Timmer will drive the NB and hard drive cooler.

Hi R1ckCa1n...

YGPM

Curious if you felt that the Aquastream wouldn't be up to the whole loop or just decided to run separate loops for convenience factors? Since I have been discussing this with Wes at Sharka I am leaning toward running the whole loop (HD x3, NB, CPU, GPUx 2) with the Aquastream. The new availibilty of the 90 degree Plug n Cool bulkheads that will be here next week makes it much more easier to run the required route of tubing. :D
 
Top Nurse said:
Since I have been discussing this with Wes at Sharka I am leaning toward running the whole loop (HD x3, NB, CPU, GPUx 2) with the Aquastream. The new availibilty of the 90 degree Plug n Cool bulkheads that will be here next week makes it much more easier to run the required route of tubing. :D


All that on one loop with the aquastream will kill your flow. One aquastream running my two aquagraphx with default 550 pulse on the aquastream gives 0.2 flow. Even overclocked it still doesn't move, HD x3, NB, CPU, GPUx 2 plus all the 90s plug and cools you will be using :eek: Good luck!
 
Aviddigi said:
All that on one loop with the aquastream will kill your flow. One aquastream running my two aquagraphx with default 550 pulse on the aquastream gives 0.2 flow. Even overclocked it still doesn't move, HD x3, NB, CPU, GPUx 2 plus all the 90s plug and cools you will be using :eek: Good luck!

I'm curious if that reading is real? From the way A-C has said in the past I thought that was not enough to cool anything. :confused: The other thought was to put the Timmer or Compact 600 on the bottom and run it through the HD's with its own rad and res. I would have to rethink my Aquastream idea if it can't run my CPU, NB, and GPU's off the same pump.
 
Top Nurse said:
I'm curious if that reading is real? From the way A-C has said in the past I thought that was not enough to cool anything. :confused: The other thought was to put the Timmer or Compact 600 on the bottom and run it through the HD's with its own rad and res. I would have to rethink my Aquastream idea if it can't run my CPU, NB, and GPU's off the same pump.

yes the readings are real :rolleyes: i get to look at it everyday. Try it though, also i did drill the flow sensor for more flow.
 
My flow is fine with an Innovatek HPPS (an Eheim 1046 with 5.5 feet of head). I have a dual radiator, an Innovatek Maxi passive radiator, a Cuplex EVO (which is sort of restrictive, much more than I thought), Alphacool's GPX (which will be switched with an Innovatek NV40), a Twinplex on my chipset, an Alphacool HDD3 HDD cooler & an Aquatube.

I did pick up a DDC and a plexi top form Watercool for how I will place my components next time, which includes the passive rad being taken off the desk and onto the floor. If it wasn't for that, I would have no problem using the HPPS/Aquastream again.
 
[S]nt|Mods said:
.........I have the stuff and I will be shipping backorders tomorrow. Take care! :)

-Dan

hey Dan, have you shipped my order out yet? I selected priority shipping (2-3 day) and I'm about 15 miles from you(fremont). I was hoping to see my order yesterday or today based on your above quote. LMK what's happening- thx.
 
Aviddigi said:
yes the readings are real :rolleyes: i get to look at it everyday. Try it though, also i did drill the flow sensor for more flow.

But the real issue is what are your GPU temps? Did you open up the flow sensor before or after your first flow check? Those flowmeters are probably not much different than the kind we use in hospitals to measure flows and are highly dependent on all factors remaining the same. Change one factor and it can change everything. So what would you say to the idea that perhaps your flow did increase, but the meter just doesn't reflect it?

My plans were to measure flow with stock meter, bore open the ID of the flowmeter, and then use the Aquaero flow correction factor to correct any changes in the metering output. After I see the unit I will be able to get a hold of the manufacturer and get the info needed to calculate any changes that might be needed.
 
Top Nurse said:
Okay I'm sorry I let this thing go way farther than I had intended. It seems to have become a ongoing problem and almost a life of its own. The only way I know to resolve it is to FORMALLY APOLOGIZE TO THIS FORUM and to DAN. I also will not say any negative things about SNT nor write funny stories that aren't so funny in reflection or do anything else that would be cause for upsetting someone personally.

My Sincere Apologies,
Top Nurse

OK Dan...
 
Top Nurse said:
But the real issue is what are your GPU temps? Did you open up the flow sensor before or after your first flow check? Those flowmeters are probably not much different than the kind we use in hospitals to measure flows and are highly dependent on all factors remaining the same. Change one factor and it can change everything. So what would you say to the idea that perhaps your flow did increase, but the meter just doesn't reflect it?

My plans were to measure flow with stock meter, bore open the ID of the flowmeter, and then use the Aquaero flow correction factor to correct any changes in the metering output. After I see the unit I will be able to get a hold of the manufacturer and get the info needed to calculate any changes that might be needed.



I had two, first one was stock and would not show flow unless i took the pulse down to 350 which is not good. Chris at AC said that 0.5 and up is what to look for, im still not there and i only have two gpu blocks and some 90s with a new bored flow sensor. Temps on my 6800s are alittle more from when i had my danger den block so im happy. Case ambient at 41c cards idle at 48c load 53c after acouple of hours of HL2 deathmatch or some rendering in Maya.
 
Aviddigi said:
I had two, first one was stock and would not show flow unless i took the pulse down to 350 which is not good. Chris at AC said that 0.5 and up is what to look for, im still not there and i only have two gpu blocks and some 90s with a new bored flow sensor. Temps on my 6800s are alittle more from when i had my danger den block so im happy. Case ambient at 41c cards idle at 48c load 53c after acouple of hours of HL2 deathmatch or some rendering in Maya.

This seems most odd. Why do you think there is such a small amount of flow? So you had better temps with the DD block? I don't think I would be too happy about that. Well I suppose it might not be too bad as my EXOS I only had 1 liter/min flow. Do you know of anyone who has a BIB system that has actually measured their flows? I wonder if this flow thing is all a red herring...
 
Just a quick update as to the status of Sharka's A-C stock shipment. The shipment was delayed out of Austria and shipped last Thursday for reasons beyond control of IT-Trade or Sharka (i.e. shipping company schedules). No one is happy about this (especially me) and I'm sure it is but a minor delay. The shipment is currently inroute to Munich, Germany and will be placed on a direct flight to LAX presumably Monday or Tuesday.

In regards to my previous statement of delivery I was relying on an assumption by Wes that the shipment had been picked up as arranged which should have gotten it here by Monday April 25th at the latest. Unbeknownst to anyone here in the USA Franz at IT-Trade had called the freight company Wednesday morning asking why they had not picked up the shipment and arrangements were made to pick it up, but they didn't pickup the shipment till Thursday. The local German based freight company here in Los Angeles apologized and said that it was expected in Munich by Monday and will go on a jet to LAX Monday or Tuesday. The long and short of it is that we probably won't see the stuff till the end of next week.

While this may not be a delay of consequence to you I was really bummed as I had expected to be in modding heaven by mid-week. I suppose that this will become done right the next time or Wes will find another custom's broker to move his goods out of Europe. It has been said that beginnings are a delicate time so I assume this is just a bump in the road and the stuff is definitely on the way per everyone concerned. :D
 
Top Nurse said:
Hi R1ckCa1n...

YGPM

Curious if you felt that the Aquastream wouldn't be up to the whole loop or just decided to run separate loops for convenience factors? Since I have been discussing this with Wes at Sharka I am leaning toward running the whole loop (HD x3, NB, CPU, GPUx 2) with the Aquastream. The new availibilty of the 90 degree Plug n Cool bulkheads that will be here next week makes it much more easier to run the required route of tubing. :D
I have never been a fan of more than two, three max, devices on a cooling loop. Knowing the limited head pressure on the Timmer, I ended up with two devices on the loop with my XT. I can't wait to get this stuff!!!!!!
 
R1ckCa1n said:
I have never been a fan of more than two, three max, devices on a cooling loop. Knowing the limited head pressure on the Timmer, I ended up with two devices on the loop with my XT. I can't wait to get this stuff!!!!!!

Well I'm debating whether to go with the Timmer or Eheim 600 w/ integral res which I can't control or another Aquastream which I can control. :D

Me too on my A-C gear! I just ordered some of the new SLI Twinplex's which I hope to have on the next shipment as well. Just hope I don't fall over when the bill comes. :eek:
 
I thought I would jump in here and add my two cents. I have two loops and one AS pump. At 71MHz I get 0.6l/m. Running an FX-55 at 1.6v @ 2900MHz and my two 6800U's at 450/1.14. My cpu temps have not been >50c under load and my gpu temps have not exceeded 54c. I am using one "restrictive" Evo360 ATM. When I finish my external acrylic enclosure I will be replacing the Evo with the Watercool HTF-3 Triple.

Loop 1: rad-cpu-flow meter-nb-aquatube-rad
Loop 2: rad-gpu2-gpu1-aquatube-rad

Overall I am very happy with the pump and the temps. :)
 
Top Nurse said:
Well I'm debating whether to go with the Timmer or Eheim 600 w/ integral res which I can't control or another Aquastream which I can control. :D

Me too on my A-C gear! I just ordered some of the new SLI Twinplex's which I hope to have on the next shipment as well. Just hope I don't fall over when the bill comes. :eek:


Are there any pics of the SLI Twinplex's out yet? I would really like to see what they did differently. :confused:
 
Please notice this a dual post, but since it is A-C related I decided to post into this thread as well in case the search engines become inoperable again :(

Here is the list of all known (by me) Aqua Computer dealers in North America and their relative strengths and weaknesses. Please note that all of these dealers will build custom computers to order.

SNT Systems was the first A-C dealer in North America. Their strengths are that they are quite knowledgable about A-C products and their applications. Their weaknesses are that they are difficult to get a hold of and have long lead times for deliveries on out of stock items. They specialize in primarily A-C gear though they recently took on the PolarFlo line as well. They take PayPal, checks, and money orders. I'm not sure where they ship to outside the USA.

Sharka Corp is relatively new onto the A-C scene and just ordered in a substantial stock order. Their weaknesses are that in being new they are not as knowlegable about the products. Their strengths are that they are a long time dealer in watercooling products. They carry many different items including other imported brands like Asetek, Innovatek, Zalman, and domestic products as well. They specialize in watercooling and silent PC products. They take credit cards, PayPal, and money orders. They also ship anywhere in the world.

Dream PC is another recent start-up dealer of A-C products. They are located in Canada and I can't tell you much about them. So far as I know they do not have any stock yet and are really just getting their website up at the moment. I do know that the people who run this business are knowledgable about A-C products and have integrated A-C products into their custom PC business.

Another important link is the Aqua Computer factory itself located in Germany. This site will allow you to find other distributors and retailers throught the world. From what I understand all current products imported to the USA comes through IT-Trade in Austria. They also have a special link for English speaking customers to check their current stock situation. A solid green box shows actual stock, a 1/2 green box shows factory stock, and a red box shows that the factory has no stock. If you find something is in stock from IT-Trade you can then order from the A-C dealer of your choice. :)

There are other companies that are considering becoming Aqua Computer retailers, but since they have not made any decisions on this it would be inadvisable for me to comment on them. Just keep in mind that your choices for Aqua Computer gear is expanding in North America. :D
 
I need a little AC help. Now that half of my order has arrived I started test fitting the parts and I have come up on what I hope is a minor inconvenience.

Do any of the AC users who watch this thread know where you can get 10mm G1/8" 90 dgree hose barbs, for use on the the Aquatube?
 
Nobody said:
I need a little AC help. Now that half of my order has arrived I started test fitting the parts and I have come up on what I hope is a minor inconvenience.

Do any of the AC users who watch this thread know where you can get 10mm G1/8" 90 dgree hose barbs, for use on the the Aquatube?

Are you speaking of 10mm ID or OD? If you give me a while I can probably track some local supplier down. But if your feisty you can track down your own. The only supplier known to me for this type of fitting is Conek Pneumatic though I should warn you they appear to have a VERY SLOW website. Their manufacturing facility is in mainland China so that perhaps accounts for the slow connect, but I do believe they export their products all over the world so it shouldn't be to difficult to find a local distributor who has them. There are companies who do make increasers and reducers bushings so you could adapt to what you need. But you might keep in mind that the max size for a G 1/8 fitting is probably only 8mm ID, otherwise you will have some major restriction problems.

If you go back a while in this thread you will find a post by myself about some different manufacturer's of push fit fittings. You can also add a new one called Parker- Hannifin. They are probably the largest manufacturer of fittings in the world and have manufacturing facilities scattered all over the world. You can try this link. I was just on it dl their complete catalog, but it appears to be now screwed. So try again later today. :)
 
[music=Fleetwood Mac: Tusk]

Like it says above the Sharka stock shipment is coming in on Lufthansa Flight LH 452 direct from Munich. It is scheduled to arrive at 2:15 PM tomorrow and assuming a normal 1 day jaunt through customs should get it delivered to Huntington Beach sometime Thursday morning :D It appears to be a pretty fast flight too, as it leaves at 11:00 AM and arrives here only 3 1/4 hours later ;) Now that is what I call service! Wes says that the stuff goes up on the website later tonight once he gets the pre-ordered stuff out of the inventory. Since the last time I had asked about this it appears that a lot of product got spoken for and about 40-50% of the A-C goods are still available.

The next shipment should get here in about 10-14 days from now and will include at least 18 of the Cuplex XT's, a slew of Twinplex's and Cuplex Pro's to fit anything they make mounts for, the colored Aquatubes, and a bunch of other neat toys. If you need anything special or you just want to make sure it gets here soon I would suggest you call Wes and tell him exactly what you want so it can come out on the next shipment.

As an OT note, this flight is one of few now using the geosynchronous satellites to provide wide band e-mail and web service throughout the flight. I guess that is a fitting way for our A-C gear to get here. :cool:

[/music]
 
ShoNuff said:
I thought I would jump in here and add my two cents. I have two loops and one AS pump. At 71MHz I get 0.6l/m. Running an FX-55 at 1.6v @ 2900MHz and my two 6800U's at 450/1.14. My cpu temps have not been >50c under load and my gpu temps have not exceeded 54c. I am using one "restrictive" Evo360 ATM. When I finish my external acrylic enclosure I will be replacing the Evo with the Watercool HTF-3 Triple.

Loop 1: rad-cpu-flow meter-nb-aquatube-rad
Loop 2: rad-gpu2-gpu1-aquatube-rad

Overall I am very happy with the pump and the temps. :)

Hmm...I suppose I will just have to hook it up and see if it works okay. The current plan for my V2000B case is for one 120mm rad in front bottom and another 120mm rad where the stock exaust fan is at the back of the case. If I get bored I can also slip into the loop a 160mm rad above the PSU. Now the only question is whether one AS will do what I want or do I get another and run two separate loops with one reservoir. I kind of like the idea of two totally separate loops all controlled by one Aquaero. Now where the heck is that A-C multi-switch???

Now I wonder what I can do with that Airplex Evo 240 I got? Maybe it should go into my PC-75 and I can send my EXOS I up to my nephew in Montana. He is a budding CAL fan and could use some quality gear to show off to his friends and make his box scoot a little faster. The poor boy is using a Nvidia 5200 AGP card :eek:
 
I know the aquacomputer fittings are made by legris however the crystall clear tubing isnt on the legris site (only polythylene/polythurene have clear tubing but its thick walled and requires firicles), the semi-rigid nylon tube specified for use on those fittings are only available in 7 colours but no "clear".

1) Where does aquacomputer get thier P&C tubing, iam after 12mm OD (10mm ID) semi-rigid nylon tubing.

2) Is it possible to use tygon tubing? although iam thinking its too soft and would require those fericle things so that the fittings can actually seal properly onto the tubing
.
kleo
 
kleox64 said:
I know the aquacomputer fittings are made by legris however the crystall clear tubing isnt on the legris site (only polythylene/polythurene have clear tubing but its thick walled and requires firicles), the semi-rigid nylon tube specified for use on those fittings are only available in 7 colours but no "clear".

1) Where does aquacomputer get thier P&C tubing, iam after 12mm OD (10mm ID) semi-rigid nylon tubing.

2) Is it possible to use tygon tubing? although iam thinking its too soft and would require those fericle things so that the fittings can actually seal properly onto the tubing
.
kleo

Good question. I suppose A-C gets their tubing from wherever they can get it at the right price when they buy it, dunno. IIRC soft Tygon tubing might be best used with compression fittings. I think just about any water cooling dealer should be able to provide you with the tubing you require. Wes at Sharka has tubing in stock that can do what you want or if you want a lot of it he could probably point you in the right direction. Hold the phone a minute...

My magic source of A-C info says that A-C uses PUR tubing.
 
kleox64:
go to www.mcmaster.com and search there. You can't direct link to items on their site but if you look in the upper left hand side of their homepage for "Instant Tube Fittings" you can find a bunch of Push-Fit fittings. If you click on "Plastic Tubing" you will find a bunch of different types of tubing. Pages 92 & 93 have the Nylon tubing and each type lists whether it is suitable for instant (push/fit) in the description. All of my hoses in my system are black so I can't say what they have in clear

Never used tygon so I can't comment on that.

You bring up fericle, I think you mean ferrule? I wouldn't mind getting some of those just to be on the safe side but I have never seen them anywere on the net for sale. Mcmaster's has them but only in fractional sizes - not metric.

Hope this helps
 
Dream PC is another recent start-up dealer of A-C products. They are located in Canada and I can't tell you much about them. So far as I know they do not have any stock yet and are really just getting their website up at the moment. I do know that the people who run this business are knowledgable about A-C products and have integrated A-C products into their custom PC business.

Well it appears that they may have some stock on the way as well. Things are looking up for the Aqua-Fanz :D
 
dgkulzer said:
kleox64:
go to www.mcmaster.com and search there. You can't direct link to items on their site but if you look in the upper left hand side of their homepage for "Instant Tube Fittings" you can find a bunch of Push-Fit fittings. If you click on "Plastic Tubing" you will find a bunch of different types of tubing. Pages 92 & 93 have the Nylon tubing and each type lists whether it is suitable for instant (push/fit) in the description. All of my hoses in my system are black so I can't say what they have in clear

Never used tygon so I can't comment on that.

You bring up fericle, I think you mean ferrule? I wouldn't mind getting some of those just to be on the safe side but I have never seen them anywere on the net for sale. Mcmaster's has them but only in fractional sizes - not metric.

Hope this helps


thanks for link yes i meant ferrule, iam at work and didnt have the legris cataloge to check the name exactly. As aquacomputer does clear 8mm ID tubing for P&C fittings all I want is bigger tubing from where ever they get it from.
 
no luck with mcmaster they only have coloured and white/black tubing.
Parker has no tubing only fittings, iam sticking to legris fittings for now.
 
kleox64 said:
no luck with mcmaster they only have coloured and white/black tubing.
Parker has no tubing only fittings, iam sticking to legris fittings for now.

They also sell tubing, but their website is like trying to navigate some company like General Electric who makes everything from refrigerators to nuclear weapons components. ;) As I said before just about any watercooling retailer (except NewEgg) should be able to get any kind of tube you want. As far as the fittings go there are several manufacturer's and each have their own strengths and weaknesses. With Parker's push-fits, for example, the tubing can be turned inside the fitting while it is under pressure without causing a leak. :D Parker fittings are in just about any car, boat, ship, space craft, train, truck, and god only knows what else. ;)
 
Top Nurse said:
Are you speaking of 10mm ID or OD? If you give me a while I can probably track some local supplier down. But if your feisty you can track down your own. The only supplier known to me for this type of fitting is Conek Pneumatic though I should warn you they appear to have a VERY SLOW website. Their manufacturing facility is in mainland China so that perhaps accounts for the slow connect, but I do believe they export their products all over the world so it shouldn't be to difficult to find a local distributor who has them. There are companies who do make increasers and reducers bushings so you could adapt to what you need. But you might keep in mind that the max size for a G 1/8 fitting is probably only 8mm ID, otherwise you will have some major restriction problems.

If you go back a while in this thread you will find a post by myself about some different manufacturer's of push fit fittings. You can also add a new one called Parker- Hannifin. They are probably the largest manufacturer of fittings in the world and have manufacturing facilities scattered all over the world. You can try this link. I was just on it dl their complete catalog, but it appears to be now screwed. So try again later today. :)

AC sells a G1/8" (which according to the Metric conversion items I found is the same as BSPP 1/8") to 10MM hose barb with their stock, so ideally I was looking for the exact same in a 90. I have several Parker distributers site here in Lauderdale (thanks to all the dockyards) so I can check with them.
I can work around it, but it would have looked a lot cleaner if I could have used a 90 off the Aquatube.
Push fits would work but then I would need to adapt from the 8mm to the 7/16" ID tubing I am using.

From past experience working with Parker-Hannifin the easiset way to find out if they have what you need is in person or over the phone to one of their distributors.
 
topcat989 said:
hey Dan, have you shipped my order out yet? I selected priority shipping (2-3 day) and I'm about 15 miles from you(fremont). I was hoping to see my order yesterday or today based on your above quote. LMK what's happening- thx.

posted this on the SNT forums and Dan replied:


(ŜʼnŢ)mods said:
The current orders that are being held up are due to the lack of AquagraFX water blocks. If Mr. TopCat can do without it for the time being I would be happy to ship out the other items in the order.......-Dan

and my reply is posted here as well in case he checks this thread first:

topcat989 said:
Oh, I see. Dan, I would like for you to please ship what you do have of my order, and refund me what you don't have. If I understand correctly, this is only the 6800 block. I would appreciate that. Thanks, topcat989

I didn't realize he was holding my order so that he couls ship everything at once, I was thinking some postal emplyee was playing with my new AC stuff :p
 
topcat989 said:
Originally Posted by (ŜʼnŢ)mods
The current orders that are being held up are due to the lack of AquagraFX water blocks. If Mr. TopCat can do without it for the time being I would be happy to ship out the other items in the order.......-Dan

Oh, I see. Dan, I would like for you to please ship what you do have of my order, and refund me what you don't have. If I understand correctly, this is only the 6800 block. I would appreciate that. Thanks, topcat989

I didn't realize he was holding my order so that he couls ship everything at once, I was thinking some postal emplyee was playing with my new AC stuff

Since you live so close to SNT why don't you just go over to SNT and pickup what he has and he can refund the balance in person. His site says he does pickups by appointment so it shouldn't be a problem.
 
Nobody said:
AC sells a G1/8" (which according to the Metric conversion items I found is the same as BSPP 1/8") to 10MM hose barb with their stock, so ideally I was looking for the exact same in a 90. I have several Parker distributers site here in Lauderdale (thanks to all the dockyards) so I can check with them.
I can work around it, but it would have looked a lot cleaner if I could have used a 90 off the Aquatube.
Push fits would work but then I would need to adapt from the 8mm to the 7/16" ID tubing I am using.

From past experience working with Parker-Hannifin the easiset way to find out if they have what you need is in person or over the phone to one of their distributors.

ROFL... Parker-Hannifin has a big manufacturing facility here in Irvine, CA and the only way you can make any sense of what they make is to get a specific catalog for a specific product. The "G" specification has nothing to do with "German" as many might think. The "G" specification refers to a class of threads that are called British parallel pipe. The "R" specification refers to British Tapered pipe threads. There is also an odd thread that can accomodate both types of fittings, but I don't believe that is a standardized thread spec, but simply a few manufacturer's attempts to eliminate the logistics of keeping inventories of both inch and metric pipe fittings. :)

I'm thinking that there is someone who makes push-fit unequal elbows and other unequal fittings. IOW, say 8mm on one side and 10mm on the other side. Can't remember if they are made in both metal or plastic so you will have to figure that out yourself. I think both Legris and Parker have these so you might want to look into that as an option.
 
I know what your saying, give me a month im going to build a new, way overkill case.

You can buy the Fx-53 :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top