• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubtful, but try it. You can always add on a fan or two later.

The Innovatek unit seems better from a visual standpoint. The A-C unit need stands and such and is black. Performance wise they are probably the same.
 
badash said:
You think the Aiplex evo 360 with mounting bracket is enough to cool a pentium M 2.26 GHZ with next gen 6800 Ultra 512mb (maybe called geforce 7000) system passively?

Hmm, well I am running a P4. 2.8 and 9800pro on my evo 240, and although i do have two fans on it, most of the time I have them running virtually silent.. so they're not going too fast. Occasionally my fan controller will vary the voltage and one or both of the fans will stop spinning until I notice it, and my temps don't suffer more than a degree or two. Also, I find that running them at top speed doesn't really give that much of a boost to system temp, maybe 3-5 degrees... and I'd rather have the silence.

You might be able to do it, but don't expect stellar performance from the 360. Like Top Nurse said, give it a shot and if it's running too hot, just put a couple fans on it... if you get good fans and a good controller, you won't be able to hear anything anyways.
 
Top Nurse said:
Doubtful, but try it. You can always add on a fan or two later.

The Innovatek unit seems better from a visual standpoint. The A-C unit need stands and such and is black. Performance wise they are probably the same.

I forget how long it has been but that 1800 was known as one of the best passive radiators on the market. It can also mount directly to the side panel of your case.

-Dan
 
Thanks, I like the mounting bracket but I doubt the 360 would be cold enough, So I have to decide between the two big innovatek and AC rads. Decisions decisions.
Is there some kind of cool AC mounting bracket to mount the Airplex evo 1800 to the outside of the case that I am not aware of?

How long did it take AC to make the 6800 block after the 6800 was released last year?
 
[S]nt|Mods said:
I forget how long it has been but that 1800 was known as one of the best passive radiators on the market. It can also mount directly to the side panel of your case.

-Dan

I have a Maxi sized Konvect-O-Matic and it fits on a side panel, but I have it on the floor (on metal feet made for it) simply because I don't trust it on my side panel. I'm using an aluminum case, so maybe it would feel more secure with a steel panel. A guy I spoke with in the UK (on eBay - I was debating buying the 1800, but it was over $100 to ship) said he could run 3-5 blocks (2 CPU's, 1 GPU, 1 Chipset and 1 HDD) OC'd at around 15° over ambient passive. The good thing with the 1800 is that you can add up to 15 fans for serious cooling power. The Innovatek counterpart can be placed infront of a room fan or something, but I don't know how much better it will perform.
 
Pooky said:
The Innovatek counterpart can be placed infront of a room fan or something, but I don't know how much better it will perform.

What a super idea to warm your home in the winter time ;)
 
Pooky said:
The good thing with the 1800 is that you can add up to 15 fans for serious cooling power.
More POWER :D

ape1800p_front_400.jpg

ape1800p_diag_400.jpg


Maybe you could also dry your hair with that monster :rolleyes:
 
I think a better solution would be to put on an automotive electric fan and shroud. Or perhaps we have here the ultimate mobile cooler for your driving pleasure ;)

I'm glad I got a PCP&C 510 SLI just in case....
 
I think youd need one 510 just for the fans.
That is really pointless, and expensive though, you could just get a huge heater core or car radiator, that would cool just as well, for $100s less.
 
ikellensbro said:
I think youd need one 510 just for the fans.
That is really pointless, and expensive though, you could just get a huge heater core or car radiator, that would cool just as well, for $100s less.

Well I suppose a car radiator would be difficult as the I&O ports are about 2-3". It also takes a big ass fan to cool it which undoubtedly would need a separate fan relay to just turn it on. So 18 fans really wouldn't cause that much power drain. For example most fans that we use in wc only use about 1-1.5 watts a piece. So in a worst case scenario 18 fans would only take up 27 watts of 12v power. Since the PCP&C 510 SLI will run at 510 watts all day long it would probably not even cough at the load. Now an Antec would be gasping for breath ;)
 
When i tried it i didnt use 15 120mm fans, just an aluminum radiator from a drag/street car with a sears die hard battery and electric fan. Sure its fun to look at but you will never get below ambient with or without fans. Ive got a evo 360 type rad and it cools my two 6800 gts, HL2 deathmatch for acouple of hours case ambient is 40c (SO CAL) and the gpu's never break 50c. As i said though both cards are on a single loop all AC cooled and i finally got back my aquaero that i RMA'd with firmware 4.0 installed not that i would no the difference from the other firmwares :p
 
Aviddigi said:
...and i finally got back my aquaero that i RMA'd with firmware 4.0 installed not that i would no the difference from the other firmwares :p

So it works right?
 
Yes works fine but still have aquastream problems, also i talked to chris at AC about MSI boards (SLI and ULTRAS) having a problem booting with the aquaero USB cable on the USB headers on the board itself (not back of board). Two problems 1 you cant turn off boot add on devices (ie.usb) in the Bios dosent matter if you delay it with the aquaero the board will not post. 2 when i did my own Bios revision to turn off boot from add on devices the USB cable from AC has two grounds which also caused the board not to post. Made my own cable with a single ground and finally i have a connection via usb control on the desktop. (MSI knows about the problem and USB not working is common on alot of USB boards supposedly)

The gold plating is nice but id go for the pure silver blocks and then get my aquatubes silver plated or dipped in chrome ($85 for two to get chromed). But id like to win the lotto also :cool:
 
I was at Sharka last night and Wes said he was going to bring in a moderate sized stock order just to assess the quality and delivery capabilities of Aqua-Computer. He plans on placing another larger order in 2-3 weeks as well. Then he will be placing orders about twice a month so stock is constantly being imported to the USA. For example he imports Zalman and Asetek products about twice a month as well. I believe only about 20% of this shipment is for customer orders. They said that the webshop will start to have pics and items for orders over the next week or so. This is a big undertaking so please be patient, but you can always call or e-mail them if you want something specific that isn't up on the site yet.

IIRC I think he was ordering like 10 of each size grill, 5 or so Aquaero VFD's, 10 AquaStream's, 10 Cuplex XT's w/mounts to fit all processors, 10 of the silver AquaTube's, about a hundred-fifty fittings, about 10 each of all the accessories to go with the Aquaero, Aquastream, and Aquatube products (like temp probes, LED's, AquaJets, cables, mounting plates, etc). Some of the AquaInlets are also coming in as well. I believe there are also several standard rolls of Plug & Cool tubing in three different types. There are other stuff on order, but that is all I can remember.

The second order will start including the popular chipset, CPU, and video card coolers

Over the next few months they will be bringing in stock of all the color Aqautube's for your modding pleasure. I also suspect that you will be able to get Plug & Cool connectors not ever seen before on this side of the Atlantic in computer shops.

I should expect it will be here in Huntington Beach, CA sometime late next week as Wes tells me that when he was importing Innovatek it ran 3-5 days from day of shipment and I think shipment will be Thursday or Friday. Since they utilize the services of a German customs broker/shipper I also expect zero customs problems either there or here. When IT-Trade gets it all packed up they simply call for a pickup and it is put on a plane for LAX.

There are some bad sides to this...now how do I choose what to buy! I also don't expect they will be ordering any silver coolers except as a special order :(

If I can get a pic of the shipment I will post it for everyone to practice salivating on. :p
 
Aviddigi said:
Yes works fine but still have aquastream problems, also i talked to chris at AC about MSI boards (SLI and ULTRAS) having a problem booting with the aquaero USB cable on the USB headers on the board itself (not back of board). Two problems 1 you cant turn off boot add on devices (ie.usb) in the Bios dosent matter if you delay it with the aquaero the board will not post. 2 when i did my own Bios revision to turn off boot from add on devices the USB cable from AC has two grounds which also caused the board not to post. Made my own cable with a single ground and finally i have a connection via usb control on the desktop. (MSI knows about the problem and USB not working is common on alot of USB boards supposedly)

The gold plating is nice but id go for the pure silver blocks and then get my aquatubes silver plated or dipped in chrome ($85 for two to get chromed). But id like to win the lotto also :cool:

Bummer on the MSI problem. I sure hope this won't be a problem with my ASUS A8N-SLI board...

Actually I thought the gold was a bit gaudy, but to each their own taste. Now a black chrome job would be pretty cool though :cool:
 
Oh sh!t sharka is in Huntington Beach, i need a new aquastrean Controller. Did they order aquastream pumps and controller combo or individually, if you could find out i would appreciate it.
 
Aviddigi said:
Oh sh!t sharka is in Huntington Beach, i need a new aquastrean Controller. Did they order aquastream pumps and controller combo or individually, if you could find out i would appreciate it.

Is it part number 95060 that you need? I just left a message on Sharka's phone to see if they can add it on to their order. No guarantees as I think they already funded this order. However, Franz is an accomodating kind of guy so I suppose it is possible.
 
Yes he is but to have one 2 hours away from me would be great. Order the new one put it in send the old one back, no down time. Thanks for looking into it for me though, i hope they get a good amoumt of AC customers.
 
So did you want me to see about getting you one? When I said Franz was accomodating I said it from the point of view of having him throw one in the Sharka order if you wanted to order it.
 
Looks like it's starting to shape up! Is that a pair of Raptors I see hiding in the bottom? Did you think about putting the radiator in opposite and running straight or 45 degree connectors down the back of the case? It might improve the clutter a bit :)

I just picked up a V2000B case last night and I'm already tearing the stuff out of the V1200B so I can sell the case. I'm putting two of the HWL 120mm rads in (one in front of HDD racks and the other where the rear exaust fan is). Both rads will be on the same circuit and the pump will be down below. I got an Airplex EVO 240 on the way, but I'm not entirely sold on the concept of tubes vs standard radiator design. Once I get a test setup running I will see whether they have any merit. In the mean time the A-C grills fit the HWL rads just nice!

Still trying to figure out where I can get a DVD R/W that works like a car player so I can mount it vertical in the top of the case :(
 
Would anyone like to explain the significance of the "RED" button on a aquagraFX Komplettkühler 6600 PCI Express video card? And why the copper insert that says something along the lines of do at your own risk?
 
Top Nurse said:
Would anyone like to explain the significance of the "RED" button on a aquagraFX Komplettkühler 6600 PCI Express video card? And why the copper insert that says something along the lines of do at your own risk?
They could have made it blue, green, black or whatever. Well, they did it red and it has no importance.
You will have to use the copper insert at your own risk because copper and aluminum are no good friends, especially when you use them abreast like you would do it in the aquagraFX. The risk of having problemlos with corrosion is higher.
 
Shoggy said:
They could have made it blue, green, black or whatever. Well, they did it red and it has no importance.
You will have to use the copper insert at your own risk because copper and aluminum are no good friends, especially when you use them abreast like you would do it in the aquagraFX. The risk of having problemlos with corrosion is higher.

That wasn't what I meant. Does the RED insert float in and out of the block so that it helps with the match up to the ram chips :)
 
Top Nurse said:
Looks like it's starting to shape up! Is that a pair of Raptors I see hiding in the bottom? Did you think about putting the radiator in opposite and running straight or 45 degree connectors down the back of the case? It might improve the clutter a bit :)

I just picked up a V2000B case last night and I'm already tearing the stuff out of the V1200B so I can sell the case. I'm putting two of the HWL 120mm rads in (one in front of HDD racks and the other where the rear exaust fan is). Both rads will be on the same circuit and the pump will be down below. I got an Airplex EVO 240 on the way, but I'm not entirely sold on the concept of tubes vs standard radiator design. Once I get a test setup running I will see whether they have any merit. In the mean time the A-C grills fit the HWL rads just nice!

Still trying to figure out where I can get a DVD R/W that works like a car player so I can mount it vertical in the top of the case :(

Nahhh no Raptors ... just a regular WD. Would be nice but I already have 2 netra d130 1U storage units full of 36G 10K scsi disk ... so I not that bad :D

If I was to do it again I would probally chose a v2000 ... the v1000 is really to small ... it does the job ... but I had no place to work :)

The old pioneers DVD players did that but I'm affraid they dont anymore ... maybe to much dust??

Good luck with your new rig.
 
Just spoke with Franz at IT-Trade and he verified that EVERYTHING Sharka Corp ordered will be shipped. Assuming normal delivery that should arrive next Friday or a week from Monday. That includes the 10 Cuplex XT's of which I think 7-8 are still available. They have the mounting "screens" for all the CPU types so they can give you a XT to fit whatever processor you want to put it on. While I am not positive I think they will sell for about $99. You can e-mail Wes for details if you want.

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN :D :cool: :D
 
I think Plextor just released a new slot loading DVD+RW. You might want to check them out.
 
Top Nurse said:
That wasn't what I meant. Does the RED insert float in and out of the block so that it helps with the match up to the ram chips :)
The red insert has a spring and helps to match the GPU, RAM has less priority because it won't get grilled but the GPU ;)

picture 1 | picture 2

A lot of nVidia based graphic cards have some tolerances in the height of RAM and GPU and that red insert was the solution for this problem.
 
Sib said:
I think Plextor just released a new slot loading DVD+RW. You might want to check them out.

Excellent! I just checked it out and it's exactly what I was looking for. Aquatube and PX-716AL into the top of my V2000B :D I think I will put a 120 rad in front bottom of case and thinking of a dual 80 rad above the PSU in the back bottom. Bulkhead connectors through all the internal walls and I should be set to go with the Cuplex XT on my 3500 WInchester, Koolance HD-50-L06 HDD coolers on the three Raptor's.

Still trying to decide what coolers to use on the GPU's. Any comments appreciated!
 
Shoggy said:
The red insert has a spring and helps to match the GPU, RAM has less priority because it won't get grilled but the GPU ;)

picture 1 | picture 2

A lot of nVidia based graphic cards have some tolerances in the height of RAM and GPU and that red insert was the solution for this problem.

Thanks Shoggy! A picture is worth a thousand words :) Another footnote in the saga of Shoggy's Incredible A-C Encyclopedia ;)

A-C will assimilate all
Resistance is futile :cool:
 
Just curious Top Nurse, what tubing and connectors are you planning for this system of yours?
 
WarlordBB said:
Just curious Top Nurse, what tubing and connectors are you planning for this system of yours?

Well I ordered in the Cuplex XT with some extra tops. After I actually see what is going on I plan to rebore the threads for G1/4 fittings so I can run 10mm OD x 8mm ID tubing. Perhaps this won't work well, but who knows till ya try?

The fittings I will be using are from this company and they are already being sent in as engineering samples :p I will be using a lot of the bulkhead connectors and the 90 & 45 degree fittings as well. You will be able to get these fittings from Sharka soon as well. Probably be a week or two before they actually get them up on the site. As I have stated before I think it is silly to ship across the pond what you can get here. Especially when it is the same company, that A-C often buys from, who has a large manufacturing and warehouse facility here in Arizona. I also got a line on some 10mm OD x 8mm ID P&C fittings that have the G 1/8 thread that A-C uses on everything besides the radiators, but those samples are coming from China so it may be a while before I get those. :(

As far as the tubing goes I ordered in about 3 meters each of all the P&C tubing that A-C sells. I was thinking of black tubing below and the clear UV above, but after I see what I get I will make a more informed decision. :) Wes told me he ordered in standard 25 meter rolls of the P&C tubing so there should be plenty for anyone else. :D
 
maverick72 said:
Nahhh no Raptors ... just a regular WD. Would be nice but I already have 2 netra d130 1U storage units full of 36G 10K scsi disk ... so I not that bad :D

If I was to do it again I would probally chose a v2000 ... the v1000 is really to small ... it does the job ... but I had no place to work :)

The old pioneers DVD players did that but I'm affraid they dont anymore ... maybe to much dust??

Good luck with your new rig.

Thanks

The V2000 is miles better than the V1000 case. You can easily get a 120mm rad using the front fan mount without any problems. You can also easily put in a dual 80mm rad above the PSU :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top