TED Talks Skewered Again

HardOCP News

[H] News
It has become pretty popular to skewer TED Talks, and people have done it before, but this one in particular is pretty spot on. Humble head nod, humble head nod, humbled head nod. :D

Honestly, I got through like 45 seconds of that and just couldn't handle anymore. Now, having said that, that might be precisely what the video was expecting people to do, if so then I win I suppose but if not well, they'll get the +1 view count I guess and I'll wonder why I wasted the 45 seconds. :D

(for the record, I do actually watch quite a few TED Talks, got the Android app and I check it out regularly for new content)

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate demos, presentations etc unless its from a comedian or my own place of work. i fell asleep 30 sec in. i get a bit bored when people come across as tech buddhas.

I think you need a few charts in rapid succession before your statistic on his fedora count.

I've found one or two of the TED Talks things interesting, but most put me to sleep.

TeD Talks is good, until they bring in a feminist or something about trans community. I like it more when they talk about science and technology, not social junk.

I like to laugh at bad TED talks as much as anyone else, but it's kind of unfair to lump them all together. Some are given by experts who focus on the practical, like relating how a particular complex thing or process works, and can be amazing. Others (arguably most) are pure crap, delivered in the style of a VC pitch, and offer nothing other than fantasy.

In the south we call that a sexual intellectual.

It's more like watch how I treat you all like you are complete morons and see how it works, as the crowd does exactly what he is mocking.

I wouldn't expect most on here to get it being this is an American based website that just happened to link to a CBC produced skit. Between that and the hilariously rude awful comments on the CBC.ca website are the two things going for Canada's state broadcaster.

he is simply going over what they teach in public speaking classes... I had to do that nonsense in weather forecasting, he forget the counting the non seqaters the uhm, ah, oh, etc... musicians playing in any city owned venue have to do that don't play for any one person make eye contract with the crowd, make facial gestures that can be read by a camera image on the screens, never stay in the center of the stage for longer than one set, it is public speaking. The slides those are when someone gives a presentation your brain draws links between the things sitting next to each other, if they are connected or not. Does not mean that they are not used to keep a crowd of people who don't know each focused on what is going on the stage.

Back