Tech Demos That Went Horribly Wrong

HardOCP News

[H] News
To be perfectly honest, I thought this was just going to be another lame top 10 list…but the Apple blunders video and watching the robot fall down the stairs makes this one worth the click to check out.

You're poured millions into R&D. You've cranked the hype machine into overdrive. And now you're on stage in front of millions of adoring fans. And what do they do? They point and laugh. Yup, it's the 10 worst tech demo disasters.

#4 seems to be fake. I never seen a BSOD come on your screen scrolling in from the side.

The one of the rocket was pretty terrifying, I've never seen anything like that with people so close to it.

#4 seems to be fake. I never seen a BSOD come on your screen scrolling in from the side.

I think it was mocking the Windows 98 BSOD ... if you listen to what each guy says, it's nearly identical to the original video haha...

yeah, #4 is a joke aimed at the windows 98 launch. Right there is a HUGE fail for that article. they can't even tell real from fake.

That isn't even a Vista blue screen, that is the old 9x blue screens.

Here I was thinking Fermi and its wood screws would be making the top 10.

"1. Lost in translation?" was just so hilariously bad, do yourself a favor, watch it and enjoy ,it's good for yur health.

Sigh... Project Natal was introduced at CES 2009, not 6, and the second half is most certainly NOT the video that was shown there.

So what do you call a "Tech Demos that went horribly wrong" article that goes horribly wrong? MetaHorrible?

Even if it was fake, the Natal video was pretty funny.

I could almost feel the embarrassment, lol

Does anyone remember this F22 crash? I always thought it was during a press demo, but the voiceover indicates it was just a test flight.

Really a "free energy" demo is considered as a "Tech demo" how about you chalk that up to something that can't happen, and not a demo that failed.

Sigh... Project Natal was introduced at CES 2009, not 6, and the second half is most certainly NOT the video that was shown there.

So what do you call a "Tech Demos that went horribly wrong" article that goes horribly wrong? MetaHorrible?

That is what i was thinking was that Natal was just introduced this past year. i was starting to feel stupid for not knowing it was released a few years ago as feature they were working on.

#4 is fake, as others have stated.

However the BSOD in #9 is not. I'm guessing the reason it appears to comes in scrolling from the side (and the lower part of the desktop is still visible, flickering under the BSOD) is just the way their projection system or big screen reacts to the sudden change of resolution or colors.

Covering ASIMO after his fall, like a dead person, is what made me laugh when I saw it the first time.

Back