Team 33 [H] DC T Shirts

Long before I was here. When did they start doing DIMES, Muon1, GIMPS, OGR-27, Prime Sierpinski Problem - PRP, theSkyNet, RC5-72, Seventeen Or Bust, Majestic-12, and who knows how many others... The point is that we have a team at several projects and the entire team would like represented. However, BOINC is typically referenced because it is like an umbrella term for over 80 projects. Many of our DC'ers only DC at WCG and some members confuse our WCG contribution as meaning BOINC in general.

Which would be more representative of that side of the house, BOINC of WCG?

IMHO, BOINC in general. Most people who run BOINC know of multiple projects and are familiar with WCG anyways. However, over at http://www.hardfolding.com/ they seem to only list WCG. However, I don't have a login there to see how accurate, up to date, or even functional it is.

Zoramac joined SETI in 1999 and likely formed the SETI team around the same time. Since SETI@home is the precursor to BOINC, it stands to reason that [H] started BOINC around that time. And FAH since its inception probably.

Last edited:
Throwing my interest in for one depending on what we come up with.
I also have a T-Shirt company I've worked with before, and they're running some back-to-school sales for the next little while, so if we get this together in a reasonable timeframe, I can get a quote on the design from them and see if it saves us anything.

Just my $0.02

Vautler here, if you guys end up doing a black T-shirt design I'd be in for one, I'd just have to paypal someone a few extra bucks to mail it to afghanistan (it's ground shipping, like 11$, nothing crazy, just can't do it myself lol)

I'll keep checking back in every few days

Vautler here, if you guys end up doing a black T-shirt design I'd be in for one, I'd just have to paypal someone a few extra bucks to mail it to afghanistan (it's ground shipping, like 11$, nothing crazy, just can't do it myself lol)

Veteran? I'll pay for your shirt and the shipping.

IMHO, BOINC in general. Most people who run BOINC know of multiple projects and are familiar with WCG anyways. However, over at http://www.hardfolding.com/ they seem to only list WCG. However, I don't have a login there to see how accurate, up to date, or even functional it is.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ has a link to all of the BOINC projects - http://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php. I think that is about as good as we are going to get to represent what the Commandos do. I'm sure hardfolding.com is way out of date in terms of non-FAH stuff, so don't use it as a guide.

DC-Vault uses this as the H DC team logo, which is sort of what I had in mind for the front:

teamhardocp_black.gif

Thats no problem at all. I want to say that the USPS does something at a discount or free for shipping to APO's out there. Ill have to check again.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ has a link to all of the BOINC projects - http://boinc.berkeley.edu/projects.php. I think that is about as good as we are going to get to represent what the Commandos do. I'm sure hardfolding.com is way out of date in terms of non-FAH stuff, so don't use it as a guide.

DC-Vault uses this as the H DC team logo, which is sort of what I had in mind for the front:

teamhardocp_black.gif

I really like what is in that logo. "Team HARD|OCP includes everyone and the catch phrase is witty too, while at the same time the entire thing tells people who we are, what we do and what we are about.

Even though we BOINCer's don't have a team number per se, I think that team 33 is representative of all of us. So having that on there somewhere, like on the back or something could be an idea?

I really like what is in that logo. "Team HARD|OCP includes everyone and the catch phrase is witty too, while at the same time the entire thing tells people who we are, what we do and what we are about.

That was exactly my thought. I was just thinking of "de-lightening" it somehow and update the web address to somewhere besides hardfolding.com - either pay for a domain name to redirect to the forum (like hardforhumanity.com) or see if Kyle will give is a redirect from hardforum.com/dc or distributedcomputing.hardforum.com or something.

Even though we BOINCer's don't have a team number per se, I think that team 33 is representative of all of us. So having that on there somewhere, like on the back or something could be an idea?

Team 33 is Folding-specific. Team [H]ard|OCP covers all of us better (IMO.) We could mention team 33 on the back with folding info maybe.

True, very true. Just a thought! Oh, or perhaps Team 33 and [H]ard Commandos on the back to differentiate?

There are also "print to order" places where there's no money up front. And I'm not talking shit quality like Cafe Press. A local company I've used does this:
http://www.zomedesign.com/

You can set up and e-store a couple of different ways: Make money, or Sell at cost. Making money you need all 1099 crap, taxes, and what not. The other way is just a service. They handle the order taking, printing, billing, shipping. You are in complete control of what is available.

We use them "on site" our local Con... good quality stuff. There are likely other companies out there that do something similar.

As for shirt color... I have way too many black shirts. Any other color would be nice. Serious.

Maybe the back, or a portion of the back?

projects.png

projects_black.png

Last edited:
I like it, with a transparent or black background and different colored text? Maybe in white?

maybe something about us being...you know...the #1 DC team on the planet?

That would probably be good. Cause we are.

maybe something about us being...you know...the #1 FOLDING team on the planet?
There, FIFY! :D

And I like Musky's idea with the F@H & BOINC logos, but one thing I haven't noticed so far in the thread (of course, I may have missed it) - generally, the more colors involved in the shirt design, the more expensive it will be. We'll probably want to check and see how more colors might increase prices so we don't all get set on a specific design, just to find out it will be a $35+ shirt!

And I'll also throw in a vote for having mention of either Team 33 or the [H]orde on there somewhere for the Folders, as that is the thing this DC team does the best, and would also love to figure out a way to get [H]ard|DC Commandos on there too...

Let me think about it tonight and see if I can't render something up at work tomorrow...

EDIT: wow, somehow nobody has brought up including a pimp hat?! How can we think of cologne but not a pimp hat?! :D

Here are the two native Gimp files for black and white lettering. Each picture and each text box is its own layer, so it is fairly easy to edit if anyone wants to take a stab at it.

Black letters
White letters

Black T or Polo with silk screen. I am in.

Include the option to customize with embroidery of my FAH ID over the left breast or on the sleeve and I am in [H]arder!

If you need a contact for the embroidery work I know a gal in Texas who does reasonably priced excellent custom embroidery work. Have already sent her a few jobs even though I live in California.

[H]ecklerKoc[H];1040286259 said:
Black T or Polo with silk screen. I am in.

Include the option to customize with embroidery of my FAH ID over the left breast or on the sleeve and I am in [H]arder!

If you need a contact for the embroidery work I know a gal in Texas who does reasonably priced excellent custom embroidery work. Have already sent her a few jobs even though I live in California.

I'd really like to see a Black T as well. As far as polo's go, I know a lot of you want them but it isnt really viable at this time due to the ridiculous cost. We would be talking $50 a polo at the cheapest before it was all said and done.

Really liking the idea's we are coming up with. I especially like the one you linked musky. The only portion I didnt like was the lightening effect which looked too "90's Web Design" to me.

Skripka was also coming up with some stuff on IRC. Maybe he can throw them up here?

Could have a shirt like this, it could go on either a black or white shirt:

ENvqRZm.png

Can also change the QR code to be whatever, as well as add text above/below the QR code.

ENvqRZm.png

Can also change the QR code to be whatever, as well as add text above/below the QR code.

OK, I give up. WTF is this "QR Code" shit and why is it such a hip thing?

and like I told Skripka. If we do go with the QR Code, is everyone ok with someone being inside their bubble? Close enough so they can snap a shot with a phone lol?

Maybe the back, or a portion of the back?

projects.png

projects_black.png

I have an idea to incorporate these...my system is down for now and the rest of the day for an ssd install. Can give a go at it tomorrow

ENvqRZm.png

and without a barcode scanner, that says nothing. That is not at all what we are going for IMO.

and without a barcode scanner, that says nothing. That is not at all what we are going for IMO.

I know, that's why I said text could be added above or below, which could provide the message that we are going for.

Not a big fan of it either, but you know any phone will decode that right?

Now days yep, phones can do it. Like I said though, youd have someone standing behind you snapping shots of your ass just to figure out wtf we stand for lol

Now days yep, phones can do it. Like I said though, youd have someone standing behind you snapping shots of your ass just to figure out wtf we stand for lol

Hey, maybe I want people snapping pics of my ass! :D

I didn't get to read the whole thread as its just lunchtime but was soooo happy it wasn't a thread necro lol.

Whatever the final decision is I will be in for 2. Always willing to show my appreciation to all that DC and especially the H.

Will keep watching the thread for progress.

I have a never worn {H}ard Folding shirt from like 10 years ago-ish.

Hfront_zps7b162d5b.jpg

Hback_zps71bc1f90.jpg

I wrapped in a ziploc to save it for later. hehe. Back then we spit machines into Genome and Folding. We used to bring up a machines for Genome and pull their network and let them gather points (called cramping) then let them connect on a planned day. It was great for freaking out the Aussies.

Ahhhhhhhh the good old days. P.S. I gave 6 cores to Stanford yesterday. I've been long out of this project - but put up a file server and a laptop by the TV. Theyre on, so they should fold if nothing else.

Last edited:
Hey, maybe I want people snapping pics of my ass! :D

Hey man! To each their own. I dont judge, unless your name is WFeather that is.

I have a never worn {H}ard Folding shirt from like 10 years ago-ish.

SNIP

I wrapped in a ziploc to save it for later. hehe. Back then we spit machines into Genome and Folding. We used to bring up a machines for Genome and pull their network and let them gather points (called cramping) then let them connect on a planned day. It was great for freaking out the Aussies.

Ahhhhhhhh the good old days. P.S. I gave 6 cores to Stanford yesterday. I've been long out of this project - but put up a file server and a laptop by the TV. Theyre on, so they should fold if nothing else.

NICE! Those are freakin awesome. I was wondering how the red would look on white and those look very, very good.

Of course we'd need to change the address (it's too bad that site isnt functional anymore) but I really like how clean that looks. Great inspiration!

PS: Welcome Back!

Back