Teacher In Trouble Over Tweets Story of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
The funny part about this story is that the school district says employees are trained about social media use. Really? Who trains them....this lady?

A Cherry Creek Schools teacher must explain to district officials why a Twitter page contained half-naked photos and a claim of possessing marijuana on school grounds. One post said "Naked. Wet. Stoned." Another indicated the poster was high while grading papers.

Damn, she's not bad looking.

All the pics are censored, as far as I could find. >.>

Those of us who are older probably can't imagine thinking about our teachers like this. They were all about 100 years old and as far as we thought completely virginal.

I heard a comedian tell a joke about being out with a friend who is a teacher on a school night at a bar. According to her she was "drinking like a monster". He's like, "don't you have to teach tomorrow?" She says, "Ahhh screw them. I'll just show a video or something. I don't wanna teach." He says, "That's why teachers show videos?"

Man... How naive we all were.

Most kids and teenagers are such peaces of shit these days you would have to be high to be a public school teacher.

Also, while federally still illegal. Weed is legal in CO. Although I'm sure it is still against school policy for her to possess it or be under its influence on school grounds.

Gotta love it, Freedom of the Press! The freedom to ruin someone's career just to get ratings but lets be honest this is not exactly a story that needs to be shown on the news, oh btw this half naked woman's name is (FULL NAME) and she went by this name on her twitter, and she teaches at this school... btw she doesn't lock her door at night if you want to get yourself a piece of that too *wink wink*

@CherryCreekPS CarlyCrunkBear #NeedsANewJob

(Since I don't ACTUALLY Tweet, is that right?)

Mayson: Actually, I recall quite a few teachers who were obviously .... excited during school times. A few were married, one was obviously easy (though not for her students... she taught 7th grade), and a few were single and looking, especially in High School where the Seniors might not all be jailbait... if you get my drift.

And that included a few female teachers who studied the other female teachers.

All of those teachers were less than 30... and this was back in the 70s and very early 80s. I remember one teacher (who only taught seniors) who always wore a half bra; she'd make sure that the guys occasionally got a look down her loose blouse. Her best friend (another teacher, same school) had a boob job to give her 40Ds (she was not a big woman).

Suffice it to say, one of the common euphemisms in my HS was "Hot for Teacher". As long as the teachers waited until the students graduated, wasn't a illegal and there wasn't anything anyone could do about these mid 20s Cougars.

Who to blame:

1. The teacher, for being a dumbass and not scrubbing their social media presence prior to getting a job.
  2. The principal, for not requesting links to all social media accounts during the interview. (note: not name and password, just links for viewing)
  3. The school system, for not including a session on "Stupid Shit to NOT DO" during the New Teacher / New Employee induction program.
  4. The conferring college or university, for failing to address this as part of the curriculum.
  5. The teacher, for being a dumbass. Yes, I listed this twice.

Maybe I'm spoiled that my school system covers all these bases - repeatedly and thoroughly - but this could have been prevented at multiple levels.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am an officer in a professional association (chief contract negotiator, grievance person) at the local level and am the son-in-law of a former state president. You'd get no guff from me for tightening this down. Dumb and lazy doesn't belong in the classroom.

Who to blame:

1. The teacher, for being a dumbass and not scrubbing their social media presence prior to getting a job.
  2. The principal, for not requesting links to all social media accounts during the interview. (note: not name and password, just links for viewing)
  3. The school system, for not including a session on "Stupid Shit to NOT DO" during the New Teacher / New Employee induction program.
  4. The conferring college or university, for failing to address this as part of the curriculum.
    [*]The teacher, for being a dumbass. Yes, I listed this twice.

Maybe I'm spoiled that my school system covers all these bases - repeatedly and thoroughly - but this could have been prevented at multiple levels.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am an officer in a professional association (chief contract negotiator, grievance person) at the local level and am the son-in-law of a former state president. You'd get no guff from me for tightening this down. Dumb and lazy doesn't belong in the classroom.
My 1st impulse who would want such a DA teaching their kids!

My 1st impulse who would want such a DA teaching their kids!

*Facepalm*

Maybe I should have spelled it out a little more clearly, but several members of the hiring body failed to do their due diligence. The principal and Central office HR staff should have done a social media search prior to letting her in the classroom. That district obviously needs someone working for them to bring them kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

She was already teaching when she made the bad posts. Due diligence would require constant surveillance/review of accounts. Including honesty on the part of the user to divulge even "parody" accounts, as this teached somewhat claims.

I predict she's going back to school to expand on her degree so she can do something other than teach.

America. Land of judgmental douchebags. No one is qualified to teach your "precious" children.

America. Land of judgmental douchebags. No one is qualified to teach your "precious" children.
Thankfully my child is in her 20's so none of this can effect me directly but, this statement can only have come from a non-parent. When it comes to the well being of a child you bet most parents will be a douche bag or anything else it takes to protect their children. I don't know this young lady she might be a very nice person but, she showed a colossal lapse in judgement in this, especially in this day and age when it has been proven time and time again that nothing on the net is private. Personally I wouldn't have wanted someone who acted so stupidly to teach my child.

Damn, how come I never had a math teacher like this when I was growing up? Shiat.
But damn, bitch is dumb though. You figure this happens enough, and these situations show up in the media enough, that no one would be dumb enough to do shit like this anymore. Guess I was wrong.

Nothing like trying to violate someones personal life for ratings. Hope that reporter bitch has a totally clean slate life else she has made herself fair game to every possible invasion of her life.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my professor to be high on substance while he's grading my finals.

Nothing like trying to violate someones personal life for ratings. Hope that reporter bitch has a totally clean slate life else she has made herself fair game to every possible invasion of her life.

Look, I think it's stupid when teachers get in trouble for being former models or taking sexy pictures in their personal life, but talking about smoking weed at the school and while grading papers is completely moronic.

I would just like to live in a country where tits aren't "Sexually Provocative". I'm sure people in Europe find that hilarious, I find it so very sad. :(

I don't. Taking the novelty out of boobies would deprive future generations of one of life's greater joys.

Also, this teacher is a dumbass.

As a parent and friend of many teachers (including my wife), I can tell you with utmost certainty that some of them are not qualified to teach. Most of them are, but there are a few who I wouldn't let clean my pool let alone teach my kid,

*Facepalm*

Maybe I should have spelled it out a little more clearly, but several members of the hiring body failed to do their due diligence. The principal and Central office HR staff should have done a social media search prior to letting her in the classroom. That district obviously needs someone working for them to bring them kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Teachers are allowed to have lives outside of the classroom, they're allowed to drink, do stupid shit like take a naked photo of themselves, talk about marijuana. As long as that is the stuff that doesn't happen IN the classroom it shouldn't matter.

Although her comment about having marijuana in her car in the teacher's parking lot might violate the school's zero tolerance drug policy.

Teachers are allowed to have lives outside of the classroom, they're allowed to drink, do stupid shit like take a naked photo of themselves, talk about marijuana. As long as that is the stuff that doesn't happen IN the classroom it shouldn't matter.

Although her comment about having marijuana in her car in the teacher's parking lot might violate the school's zero tolerance drug policy.
I actually agree with the part about having a private life off of school property. What I find troubling, is not only does she admit to having drugs on school property but, also be stoned while there. I do find these actions wrong and should be enough reasons for termination. What more I find her severe lack of common sense to be worrisome, in other words like said by others, she is a total DUMBASS that shouldn't be around kids,

I actually agree with the part about having a private life off of school property. What I find troubling, is not only does she admit to having drugs on school property but, also be stoned while there. I do find these actions wrong and should be enough reasons for termination. What more I find her severe lack of common sense to be worrisome, in other words like said by others, she is a total DUMBASS that shouldn't be around kids,

Yeah the drugged and stoned part admitting should be grounds for dismissal.

However I have a huge issue with what the local news felt like was their right to plaster this woman's problems all over the TV for all to see (including us in internetland). Hell the reported event admitted that the teacher deleted the page, maybe in an "oh shit I'm a dumbass for posting that" flash recognition, did that stop the reporter? Nope "Oh but nothing every goes away and with some more digging, we find what she deleted". I would talk to a lawyer if I was the teacher, while yeah she won't have a case for libel, she might have a case for malicious intent on the side of the news for going for ratings.

If your going to be a self incriminating attention seeking whore, at least claim your twitter account was hacked geez, havent you learned anything from celebrities.

Would bang

And I'm sure none of you were young and dumb. But being under the influence of anything while working is always grounds for dismissal.

While agree that this was stupid and yes she should be fired for showing poor judgement I find it completely irresponsible for the media to plaster her face like this where it will show up on google searches until the end of time. There was no crime committed other than stupidity. People make bad choices all the time but they should be able to move on and have a second chance at life depending on the mistake of course.

I believe in accountability and he punishment should be unemployment or severe reprimand not career ending google search hit.

Why didn't I have any 23 y/o hot chicks as teachers when I was in HS? :mad:

Dude... when I was in high school, apparently there was a guidance counselor that was super hot. Pity she wasn't mine.... and I only found out about her after I left HS. But I did visit.... and she made me miss high school.

As I've said before: Good, she should get fired. If you decide to pursue a vocation that has gone insane then you deserve what you get. If you want to be a primary school teacher you know what you are walking into and you have decided the risk of being fired at any moment over some silly shit and having to change careers over insane administrators or snowflake having parents is apparently worth it.

I think teachers shouldn't have a life off campus. No stupid pictures, no facebook, no twitter, not even a parking ticket. They should be amorphous blobs of mostly water that have the good sense to retire to their holding tanks until needed.

We as a society should really crack down on the profession so that only the dregs of society, martyrs and child molesters want to work in our schools. Then when someone asks why our kids are so stupid, we can reply, "I done ah, owww my bawls is on."

/Hyperbole off (maybe)

Her first mistake wasn't coming to work in an impaired or even posting about it... It was choosing to be a teacher in the first place. Everybody knows that if you want to come to work f-ed up you work help-desk. Jeez, keep up people.

Am I the only one who saw the irony that the school mascot was "The Blazers"??

Gotta love it, Freedom of the Press! The freedom to ruin someone's career just to get ratings but lets be honest this is not exactly a story that needs to be shown on the news, oh btw this half naked woman's name is (FULL NAME) and she went by this name on her twitter, and she teaches at this school... btw she doesn't lock her door at night if you want to get yourself a piece of that too *wink wink*

Why are you defending this woman...

I know I wouldn't want this thing teaching my kids. She's just another number in the vast cesspool of horrible, blood-sucking education majors that cruise through an easy-mode college curriculum to land a state grade-school teaching job. She doesn't belong there.

I don't have a problem with weed.. and judging by your name, I'm guessing you don't either. But this person is obviously not mentally mature enough to be teaching anything to kids.

Why are you defending this woman...

I know I wouldn't want this thing teaching my kids. She's just another number in the vast cesspool of horrible, blood-sucking education majors that cruise through an easy-mode college curriculum to land a state grade-school teaching job. She doesn't belong there.

I don't have a problem with weed.. and judging by your name, I'm guessing you don't either. But this person is obviously not mentally mature enough to be teaching anything to kids.

I think most of us agree it was stupid AND she should be fired but personally I think plastering her name so publicly is too much.

Who to blame:

5. The teacher, for being a dumbass. Yes, I listed this twice.

Had you watched the report, you would have figured out that account was created after she was hired. ;)

Back