Target Acquired: PS3 I'm gunning for you!

pjkenned

[H]ard|Gawd
PS3 6/10: #10 24hr average at 1.11M ppd
pjkenned 6/10: #15 24hr average at 0.91M ppd (up from ~0.60M ppd earlier this week.)

Grab some tamales, we need four [H] members in the top 10 daily output (and 5 once sfield makes the switch [I can hope]).

PS3 - Your days are limited and mine hasn't even been turned on in two years!

This thread makes me want to build a 3rd SR-2.... but I like sleeping in my own bed.

This thread makes me want to build a 3rd SR-2.... but I like sleeping in my own bed.

We could combine output if we need to hit a goal like that, we already think of the same solutions anyway..

We could combine output if we need to hit a goal like that, we already think of the same solutions anyway..

stuckonyou.jpg

I didn't say the ideas were good or rational, just that they were equally insane. :p

Well it saved me from buying it:eek: Trouble is there's a pair of x5570's on ebay for £299 now and no one is bidding.... So tempting

Well it saved me from buying it:eek: Trouble is there's a pair of x5570's on ebay for £299 now and no one is bidding.... So tempting

Have you share this link in the hot deals thread? Hummmm? :confused:

4p or go home !!

That would unfortunately be physically larger than the entire enclosure. :p

I am hitting the 24 thread minimum, one for each bit of lossless audio.... yeah, that's what I'll tell the SO....

11 June 2011 Update:
pjkenned 6/10: #15 24hr average at 0.91M ppd (up from ~0.60M ppd earlier this week.)
PS3 6/11: #10 24hr average up to 1.12M ppd
pjkenned 6/11: #11 24hr average at 1.10M ppd (Likely will dip a bit before tomorrow)

PS3 I see you trying to pull away but thanks to some unusual WU timing, I'm back in the game.

[H] now has 4 of the top 11 spots, including anonymous and PS3!

haha, ownage! Keep up the good work and we will see what happens to those PS3's.

Recapping Progre:
PS3 6/11: #10 24hr average up to 1.12M ppd
pjkenned 6/11: #11 24hr average at 1.10M ppd (Likely will dip a bit before tomorrow)

And today 6/12....
hardfolding4of9.PNG

Now I do have a major issue in that "-bigbeta" is not giving me 6903's so I'm going to fall off by a ton. Still, What's up PS3? Four on the [H]orde passed you up and [H] has 4 of the top 9 spots!

Awesome work!

So to be over 1 million ppd, that would imply there are roughly 1000 PS3's folding on the default settings. If we assume a pretty even split between fat and slim units we could estimate 150 watts a unit or 150,000 watts versus the less than 2000 your farm probably consumes!

Still, I'm glad those PS3's are busy crunching important science, even if they did just get utterly humiliated. :p

Awesome work!

So to be over 1 million ppd, that would imply there are roughly 1000 PS3's folding on the default settings. If we assume a pretty even split between fat and slim units we could estimate 150 watts a unit or 150,000 watts versus the less than 2000 your farm probably consumes!

Still, I'm glad those PS3's are busy crunching important science, even if they did just get utterly humiliated. :p

Power breakdown (approximate):
Quad 6174: ~520w
Quad 6166: ~415w
2x Dual 6166's: 215w each 430w total
1x Dual 6164: 205w

I'm excluding the i7-2600K since that is a part time folder and is like 40K ppd. Total power consumption is under 1.6kW for over 1.2M ppd of folding power. Not too bad. Except that I'm still not getting 6903's with -bigbeta.

wow... get some -bigbeta's allready! I want to see the epicness.

With -bigbetas I could in theory get to just over 1.4M and potentially make that a 4 member [H] block.

Angra[XS];1037378904 said:
Extremely impressive job, guys! I am really in awe of what your team has been able to do!

Well hello!

Thank you for the kind words. Any time you feel like joining in on the awesomeness, feel free to put 33 at your team number ;)

Well hello!

Thank you for the kind words. Any time you feel like joining in on the awesomeness, feel free to put 33 at your team number ;)

Team XS has been my home for a long, long time. And, while my home team is a bit quiet right now, they have been very good to me over many years. But, there just isn't much F@H conversation over there lately, so I've been poking around the forums of the other big teams just looking to see who's talking.

All points-chasing aside, we are all working toward the same end so I enjoy interacting with other donors, especially other donors who put in effort to contribute as much as we are able.

With the -bigbetas, my project for the week is to see if I can outfold "Anonymous" over an entire week. It'll be tough.

Angra[XS];1037378982 said:
Team XS has been my home for a long, long time. And, while my home team is a bit quiet right now, they have been very good to me over many years. But, there just isn't much F@H conversation over there lately, so I've been poking around the forums of the other big teams just looking to see who's talking.

All points-chasing aside, we are all working toward the same end so I enjoy interacting with other donors, especially other donors who put in effort to contribute as much as we are able.

With the -bigbetas, my project for the week is to see if I can outfold "Anonymous" over an entire week. It'll be tough.

Thanks for all you do Angra. Stop by any time and good luck on taking down Anonymous.

If you fly the [H] or not, we are happy to have you here in our forums. I just wanted to make sure the invite was extended.

I know I would love to learn a bit more about your farm and some of the tricks you use when you are dealing with something that size.

If you fly the [H] or not, we are happy to have you here in our forums. I just wanted to make sure the invite was extended.

I know I would love to learn a bit more about your farm and some of the tricks you use when you are dealing with something that size.

same, i would love to know what your running...

The vast majority of my PPD come from 18 dual X5660 rigs. The current points regime has been very kind to my scores.

Angra[XS];1037379159 said:
The vast majority of my PPD come from 18 dual X5660 rigs. The current points regime has been very kind to my scores.

o_O

that is some power

all personal, or borged ?

Sorry to leave out details. They are in a cluster, but each node runs its own client.

The cluster is my work machine. I do software experiments of all sorts. I get to do with it what I feel like. About 5-10% of the time it is occupied doing heavy experimental runs. The bulk of the time the cluster is mostly idle, so I fold with spare cycles. Funny thing is, before bigadv, I was getting crushed by GPU folders.

Angra[XS];1037379208 said:
Sorry to leave out details. They are in a cluster, but each node runs its own client.

The cluster is my work machine. I do software experiments of all sorts. I get to do with it what I feel like. About 5-10% of the time it is occupied doing heavy experimental runs. The bulk of the time the cluster is mostly idle, so I fold with spare cycles. Funny thing is, before bigadv, I was getting crushed by GPU folders.

I remeber when GPU olding was where it was at.

I had a box with 3x 9800gx2 cards. I forget who, but there was someone with 4 in a single box.

Then there was @ssman with his uber GPU farm.

Angra[XS];1037378982 said:

Welcome and good luck! I don't think I'll be Anonymous hunting until Interlagos/ SB-E hits. Chance I'll dip a bit between now and then.

Angra[XS];1037379208 said:

Very nice.:cool:

Mind if I ask what tweaks if any you've made to your distro for folding optimizations? Does the intended workload for the cluster preclude the use of tweaks like BFS?

As others have said, great to have you on the boards. I'm hope you'll find our special blend of competitive camaraderie and unrepentant insanity as alluring as we do. :D

Back