Taco mouse disappearing halpp!!

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Mates, am getting bloody tired of my mouse. Please take note, everything is very old.

Asus p6t deluxe v1 latest 2009year bios
X5670 defaults
4gb x2 1333ram
Asus gtx960 2gb
750watt psu
Ssd12gb storage and 7200rp HDD
Windoes10 home unregietered

Ojay. My mouse freezes intermittently for like 1-2 seconds randomly. Sometimes cursor disappears, sometimes it doesn't disappear.

Topics:
-device manager list blinks, like it refreshes whenever this happens
-used to have this issue with previous video card as well(gtx460)
-mouse works fine in my laptop
-the whole system doesn't freeze, just the mouse.
mouse.
- checked and repeated ram and 9ther connectors with no avail.
-system running stock or overclocked, doesn't matter, still freezes happn.
- reset bios nd pulled battery nd held power button for very full reset.
Freezes happn while idle nd gaming.

Plz halpp, am cry because too annoying. Tha k you!!

Mates, am getting bloody tired of my mouse. Please take note, everything is very old.

Asus p6t deluxe v1 latest 2009year bios
X5670 defaults
4gb x2 1333ram
Asus gtx960 2gb
750watt psu
Ssd12gb storage and 7200rp HDD
Windoes10 home unregietered

Ojay. My mouse freezes intermittently for like 1-2 seconds randomly. Sometimes cursor disappears, sometimes it doesn't disappear.

Topics:
-device manager list blinks, like it refreshes whenever this happens
-used to have this issue with previous video card as well(gtx460)
-mouse works fine in my laptop
-the whole system doesn't freeze, just the mouse.
mouse.
- checked and repeated ram and 9ther connectors with no avail.
-system running stock or overclocked, doesn't matter, still freezes happn.
- reset bios nd pulled battery nd held power button for very full reset.
Freezes happn while idle nd gaming.

Plz halpp, am cry because too annoying. Tha k you!!
turn off ALL usb power saving settings, in bios and windows.

Does it happen when you're doing something on the machine like file xfer or just randomly when doing nothing?

Sometimes my old system can freeze a bit like that when I'm moving a large amount of files around my system which I assume just means I'm crushing the bus. Beyond that I would probably try another mouse and different usb ports on the machine front and back. Maybe even try shutting it off and reseating the power connectors inside.

If you are familiar with linux at all could try loading one on a USB stick and boot it up to see if it happens there as well. Might at least tell you if it's system or OS related.

If all you do with USB is mouse and keyboard... See if you can disable the usb 2/3 bits and run usb 1. Might be more stable.

Is your mouse wired? A common failure of wired mice over time is the USB cable where it comes out of the body of the mouse will fatigue and break internally. This leads to intermittent connections where the mouse can drop out and reconnect rapidly. Try wiggling the USB cable around where it comes out of the body of the mouse and see if it acts erratically. This is an annoying problem to fix, you have to chop the bad section out of the USB cable and re-connect the ends with solder and heat shrink.

Another issue can be tarnished contacts in the USB connector of the mouse, or the motherboard. I'd recommend spraying some Deoxit Gold G5 in the port and doing a few plug/unplug cycles

If it's a wireless mouse, the battery terminals could be fatigued and not making proper contact with the PCB inside the mouse. The dongle that plugs into the computer can also suffer oxidation issues on the contacts, which again can be cleaned with Deoxit Gold.

Yet another issue could be entirely unrelated to the mouse. If you have any external storage devices like USB flash drives or hard drives, unplug them. Misbehaving USB devices can take down the whole USB subsystem and cause everything to act erratically.

Nice call, I’ve never had that happen to a usb device, but n multiple headsets cuz I’m hard on them snagging and pulling them on accident.

Mates, am ready!! Wish me luck!! Thank you!! Luv yas!!

I usually try to keep the JST connector, but what you did works too. The repair should last for many more years unless the USB cable is substandard, in which case you can just toss the existing cable and wire in a new one. Those A to B USB printer cables work fine, but don't have 5 wires. I think the 5th green wire is just an extra ground and can be ignored if it has continuity to the USB ground.

Nice call, I’ve never had that happen to a usb device, but n multiple headsets cuz I’m hard on them snagging and pulling them on accident.

All of my mice are going on 20-25 years old, I've had it happen more than most people will ever see it.

I have a thing for Microsoft's Intellimouse Optical 1.1a, no other mouse since then has worked for me. They're apparently still so popular that the cost of used mice are over $100, and the Chinese have made knockoff clones!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254769089214

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you! I tried opening up the crimps on the connector, but was unsuccessful recrimping the new wires back in. Took out my dad's gun nd decided to go alternate route. He taught me a lot! Miss him.

Thank you GiGaBiTe nd everyone! Been using mouse all evening yesterday nd nt a single hickup!

You don't need to pull the connector apart, just cut the bad section out of the cable and solder to the existing wires coming out of the connector. There's usually enough good wire left on the JST connector side to do this. But since you already fixed the mouse, no sense going back and doing it again.

Back