T260 or 2693HM

DeadSkull

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello [H]
Trying to decide whether I should get either get the T260 or the 2693HM.
Pros of T260
-touch of color series
-Dynamic contrast 20000:1
-looks really nice
Cons
-No height adjustment

2693HM
Pros
- Height adjustment
- Higher brightness
Cons
-Not as high DC

Primary uses would be the following
- General web surfing
- Gaming
- Watching movies
- also matlab coding etc.

Pricewise I can get the T260 for about $420 with shipping from ncix, which right now has the lowest price for T260 I could find on the web. Because I already own a T220 a 22in in ToC series, if I were to get the T260, the two would match on my desk. However in my opinion Dynamic Contrast is virtually useless setting for either gaming or movies because when I tried it out when watching BSG all it did is constantly adjust the brightness which was not I expected and did not add anything to image quality.
On the other hand 2693 has height adjustment which I figure is a requirement for a monitor that size and higher brightness. However right now the cheapest I could find was at this place for $450.
I know both are TN pannels but I really don't care and if you guys have any other good monitors to suggest just make sure they're around 25.5-26in.

So [H] which Samsung should I get myself for the next year?

Thank you.

Higher brightness will not help, as both are already high/bright enough, and the Dynamic contrast, as you mentioned, is virtually useless as well. I would stick with the T260 and save the $30.00

I recently purchased a T260 and very satisfied with it. It has a uniform brightness distribution, low backlight bleeding and relatively good viewing angels for a TN panel. At 100% the monitor is very bright; I normally use it at 50%. I was also concerned about height adjustability at first, but I after raising my chair few inches everything was fine.

Anyone know of any aftermarket wall/desk mounts for this monitor. I have the monitor, but I am thinking of returning it because I can't easily just raise my chair because of the keyboard tray that we have attached to the desk. I love the monitor, but this no height ajustment is really a hinderance.

Nate

Back