• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

T-line or reservoir?

T-Line or reservoir?

  • T-line

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Reservoir

    Votes: 16 57.1%

  • Total voters
    28
Depends on what you want. T-lines provide a better flow-rate, even if it is only slight. They take up less room and are safer to transport in case you go to lan parties, etc.

Reservoirs are good for dealing with evaporation as you don't have to refill as often, if you even experience problems with evaporation in the first place.

There are other pros and cons, but I have limited knowledge in this area.
 
I personally am using a fillport reservoir that connects to a t-line. It is secured at the top of the case, so transporting it around isn't a problem.
 
I like using a res as it doesn't make filling a loop an exercise in case calisthenics. There's nothing I hate more than pour in 3 or 4 ounces of coolant, stop, tilt case to break air lock, repeat, repeat, etc.

Using a res allows you to get a bit more coolant in the loop at a go especially if the res is in the highest point in the loop.
 
Asking which is best is kind of a loaded question since whatever each individual uses is probably what they will tell you is best.

I personally use a res, but not because I think it's better than a T Line. I like it because the fill/bleed process tends to be quicker and it's easy to monitor the coolant level.
 
Once you realize that a reservior does not affect the cooling of the system, the above comments pretty well covers it. I have systems with both and the reservior system was the easiest to start up (purge air from system). After that, ehhh.

Got a little issue with a comment about flow rate, depends on the implementation, might or might not be true and there are so many different fittings, reserviors, etc. you can make a case either way.

Personally, next build, if I have the room I will go with an inexpensive but effective (removes air properly, easy filling) reservior, if no room T-line.
 
As stated it is a matter of preference. A res is easier to fill/bleed and a T-line cuts down on the tubing in the loop.
 
Back
Top