SystemCooling + AC

Erasmus354

[H]F Junkie
Well, at the risk of this thread crumbling like the last one I made....

Lee said:
Hey xxxxx,

I finally recieved the AC parts and will start testing this week. I should be done in about two weeks... :) It may take a week or so after that for the site to post the review. It's finally coming!

Lee

So, there you have it....review is finally underway. Let the subsequent trashing of a thread about AC started by myself commence.

i cant wait till its done and we can sweep this shit under the carpet. it gets old bickering back and forth. mabey us AC users will be treated like equals and not the bastard kid that keeps throwing rocks through my window.

and if the AC stuff dosent prove to be the pwn? then what? i doubt this will solve anything. even if Lee proves that AC gear is just as good as anything else it will never end. i get mad shit over my Koolance blocks, but look at my temps. no amount of proof will ever stop the madness. some people just have to believe their stuff is better than yours and there is nothing you can do about it.

And so it begins...

I think all watercooling gear, well most medium to higher priced stuff, works great because it does the job it's supposed to do.

Yeah, if you take a look at past waterblock performance comparisons on pro cooling and system cooling it's easy to see that most WC systems that a bit of thought has gone into perform just fine.

The best example of this is where the Maze 4, Apogee and Storm all perform to within ~1.5 degrees (can't remember exact figures, it definitely wasnt more than 2 degrees). As long as your IHS is on and you don't have an oven of a CPU the differences are pretty small.

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
As long as your IHS is on and you don't have an oven of a CPU the differences are pretty small.
That is why they should test all watercooling on a Prescott system that is overclocked really high with a ton of voltage (Although voltage doesn't have weight).

Demon_of_The_Fall said:
Yeah, if you take a look at past waterblock performance comparisons on pro cooling and system cooling it's easy to see that most WC systems that a bit of thought has gone into perform just fine.

The best example of this is where the Maze 4, Apogee and Storm all perform to within ~1.5 degrees (can't remember exact figures, it definitely wasnt more than 2 degrees). As long as your IHS is on and you don't have an oven of a CPU the differences are pretty small.

Actually what that test proved is the utter inaccuracy of relying upon the processors own temperature probe. The thing just doesn't get a decent reading.

Demon_of_The_Fall said:

it was the apogee the storm and the 6002, not the maze4, the maze4 is no longer a legitimate CPU block, it cant even compare with the TDX, which is spanked by the Apogee, Storm and 6002 series blocks.

Borgschulze said:
That is why they should test all watercooling on a Prescott system that is overclocked really high with a ton of voltage (Although voltage doesn't have weight).

You really hit the nail on the head about all this testing. There are just too many variables for anything to make any sense if you use a specific computer. Conversely a die simulator only shows what happens in a simulation. So you decide what you want to do and look around for others who have done similar things. Thus you can draw a reasonable inference that you will have similar results to what others have done. That is the real basis for most people's buying decisions otherwise you wouldn't see any AC gear sold here in the states as there hasn't been any qualitative based testing done. So all the evidence based testing won't alter anyone's mind who already owns AC equipment as they know it works and works well.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
it was the apogee the storm and the 6002, not the maze4, the maze4 is no longer a legitimate CPU block, it cant even compare with the TDX, which is spanked by the Apogee, Storm and 6002 series blocks.

Actually, Lee did the test again using a Maze3, yes a Maze3. Temps were the same as the other blocks.

Erasmus, what setup is Lee using for the AC gear???

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:

Sorry my bad, I keep thinking it was a Maze 4 when I think of that review. I know the Maze4 gets spanked by those other blocks, just have some crazy mental block telling me that they used one in that review :\

plywood99 said:
Actually, Lee did the test again using a Maze3, yes a Maze3. Temps were the same as the other blocks.

Aha! I knew there was some kind of Maze involved. A Maze3 rather than a 4 though... I was only partially going mad :)

plywood99 said:

I don't think anyone is going to tell before it gets published. More fun that way... ;)

I want to go out on a limb and guess the usual/midrange stuff. AKA Cuplex Pro (or apparently an XT according to some), an Airplex Exo 240, an Aquastream (of course), maybe an Aquaero, and an Aquatube.

boof said:
I want to go out on a limb and guess the usual/midrange stuff. AKA Cuplex Pro (or apparently an XT according to some), an Airplex Exo 240, an Aquastream (of course), maybe an Aquaero, and an Aquatube.
naw....the question of interest is live proc vs heat die.

how they measure temps, along with what temps they'll measure, if they DO use a live proc are key questions.

boof said:

I can tell you exactly what was sent: Cuplex XT block, Aquastrean pump, Plexi Aquainlet, Evo 120 radiator, and a set of both 6mm P&C fittings as well as a set of 3/8" hose barbs. Aquaero, Multiswitch, and Tubemeter are a few months off. :D

Regardless of the outcome of the testing:

I only push a moderate overclock on my machines (let be honest, what's 3 extra FPS when you get over 90, the human eye can't tell the difference at that point anyway). I'm not trying to build a stable 3 gig machine out of an old Celeron 500a. I'm not trying to impress the world with my ability to burn a processor in 6 months.

I watercool because it's better peformance at lower noise levels, if I can get about the same performace and look good (IMO) at the same time, I'm a happy camper.

I ran a mild overclock on my 2800+ using all DD gear and was rock solid. I decided to give a try with Innova. All I did was gut the case, swap parts, and power on. My overclock stayed the same, my stability stayed the same, IMO it looked better, I was still a happy camper.

Yes, using lower flow my motherboard reported temps went up a degree, who cares. 1 degree may have been the difference of WB seating, ambient temps, etc.

I honestly don't understand what the big deal is about. Some prefer one style, others prefer the other. Who gives a rat's ass anyway?

BellaCroix said:
Who gives a rat's ass anyway?

Certainly not me as I have quite a bit of AC goods that I really like. Got more coming as well for another mod and some other stuff for FF (Silver TwinPlex and some AquagraFX 6800 blocks). No matter what turns up in the review I won't be changing anything unless perhaps they show a radical difference between 6mm and 3/8 tubing, but then I would probably go 8mm as a nice happy medium if Sharka can get some 8mm Mazzer PUR. I think the people who will give a rat's ass are the mosty vocal opponents of lower flowing cooling concepts.

Woah, up to 6800's now? I thought it was 66's earlier :p

Bbq said:
Woah, up to 6800's now? I thought it was 66's earlier :p

Well...a deal came up to get a pair of 6800 Ultra's with the AquagraFX 6800 rev 2 coolers and the copper inserts. Already sold one of the 6600's to a friend. Need an Asus 6600 GT?

TN you getting your siver blocks from sharka?

i may be up for that if they have
the base for the xt
2 twinplex pros
and the mosfet coolers

Top Nurse said:
Well...a deal came up to get a pair of 6800 Ultra's with the AquagraFX 6800 rev 2 coolers and the copper inserts. Already sold one of the 6600's to a friend. Need an Asus 6600 GT?

Depends on pricing
:D

Wow, good deal on the Ultras + coolers. ;) [sub][sub]on my friends computer i got 2 6800gs' for 385[/sub][/sub]

If you're selling the asus 6600gt, I'm listening. I'm still running an elderly Radeon 9250 (ASRock 939dual, pcie and agp :p ) and to think... I still play half life 2 and counterstrike.

Shame. :(

Bbq said:
Wow, good deal on the Ultras + coolers. ;) [sub][sub]on my friends computer i got 2 6800gs' for 385[/sub][/sub]

If you're selling the asus 6600gt, I'm listening. I'm still running an elderly Radeon 9250 (ASRock 939dual, pcie and agp :p ) and to think... I still play half life 2 and counterstrike.

Shame. :(

no buying or selling if its not in the FS/FT forums please....I am hoping not to have the second thread on this topic closed.

Alright. Back on topic. tn pm if intrested

I can't wait until the results of this. The Cuplex really is a nice design for a block. Are they gonna be using a Die Simulator?

Chatted with Wes at Sharka today and he says that the review is well under way. So maybe in a few weeks we will see the glory of Aqua Computer emblazoned across the Ethernet. ;)

Top Nurse said:
So maybe in a few weeks we will see the glory of Aqua Computer emblazoned across the Ethernet. ;)

I think you do a fine enough job of that already TN ;) ;) ;) ( was that enough winking smilies for everyone to realize im not trying to insult TN? )

Erasmus354 said:
I think you do a fine enough job of that already TN ;) ;) ;) ( was that enough winking smilies for everyone to realize im not trying to insult TN? )

I would have understood what you were saying without the smileys. However, then maybe it will be someone else and I can go back to modding heaven with all the aqua toys that I got recently. :D

Top Nurse said:
I would have understood what you were saying without the smileys. However, then maybe it will be someone else and I can go back to modding heaven with all the aqua toys that I got recently. :D

mmmm modding. I really need to get some power tools of my own so I can cut up my case whenever I want. I have had too much fun so far this week cutting up my case with my dads tools.

Bbq said:
Wow, even more.

Sounds like fun :p

Evo 120 Black grills x 2
Evo 240 Black grill
AC CF Display with Aquabay

53011.jpg

Silver TwinPlex

24129_2.jpg

And a pair of 6800 Ultra's with AquagraFX rev 2 coolers with them

23374_4.jpg

Erasmus354 said:
mmmm modding. I really need to get some power tools of my own so I can cut up my case whenever I want. I have had too much fun so far this week cutting up my case with my dads tools.

Need a Dremel? I got an extra one with a broken spindle I was going to send back to the factory to get warrantied.

Any word yet from Lee how far he has gotten?

This this test being ran on AC time or Erasmus354's?

Been long enough already to test a loop that can ready to go...... ;)

TN, that silver twinplex is HOT.

Any word when this will be done? Should be a good read. Looking forward to it. :)

That silver twinplex is sexy.

5 bucks says TN has had most, if not all, AC products. Not too sure of the AquagrATI 's, ramplex, hard drive, or several other items though.

Back