• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

System randomly rebooting for no reason?

Shadowprice

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
2,089
My rig has started randomly rebooting for absolutely no reason. It can pretty much happen at anytime, its mostly just happened when browsing the web or listening to music. When windows restarts, I get this prompt / message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80099C2390
BCP2: FFFFF8800F974828
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121514-9250-01.dmp
C:\Users\i5-3470\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-23275-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt


I believe its been the same each time. My specs are in my sig. Anyone have any ideas ?
 
As far as I can tell.. everything is up to date.

I may just do a reformat of my system. It's been awhile since I have, unless someone might know a solution.
 
The main entry in your BSOD is this:

BCCode: 116

Looks like an issue with the registry being corrupted, if you remember when it happened you can probably restore to a day earlier. There seems to be tools but I wouldn't trust some tool off the web.
 
Back
Top