CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.00 GHz
Motherboard - Biostar A780L v6.3
Case - Antec NSK2480
Power - Antec 380W
Video - HIS Hightech H467QT512P Radeon HD 4670 IceQ Turbo 512MB
Memory - G.Skill 4GB DDR2
Drive - Corsair Nova 32GB SSD
OS - Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

When booting, it will get to "Starting Windows" and just sit there forever. Yesterday I took out all of the components (memory, video card, pci network card) and reset them, then it booted up fine. Earlier today I started it back up after a system reboot and got the same problem.

I tried several LiveCD discs and they all get to the startup logo then freeze.

Have you tried removing ecch part one by one to see which part may be causing an issue?

reset cmos, now just getting stuck on "Windows is starting" and same with linux livecd, just get to the logo boot and system freezes.

i let memtest run overnight and there were no problems.

i also am using the on-board video now instead of the ATI card to try and eliminate issue.

i also put in a different hard drive, a hitachi travelstar.

ok, something i completely overlooked - USB devices.

I had a wireless mouse adapter (nano type) plugged in the back of the machine that I forgot about.

removed it and now it starts up fine.

When you try with a linux livecd you can unplug all hard drives. Did you do that?

Ha.

Good to see you found out the cause of your issue.

Alot of Devices that pull alot of power for a USB device will cause certain chipsets, on certain motherboards, to freeze at the point of "enabling USB devices". I have noticed them adherrent to Asus and Asrock more then any others. Don't take me wrong. I love Asus Gigabyte and Asrock more then any other boards... I build about 20 computers a month and let me tell you.... Those "MAGICJACK'S" and ASUS boards do NOT mix well.

Back