System feedback for $750.00 budget

Ruhl

Limp Gawd
Hello,

I have a $750.00 budget and wanted to get some ideas from you guys on sowm good ideas to get the most out of my money for that amount, This does not include a Monitor.

basiclly, nothing crazy but would like to be able to handle gaming, like COD 4, TF2 etc. I have built many before. but have been out of the loop for a little bit

Thanks

$750 for a complete build from scratch? O/S included? It can be done. If this does not include a monitor, do you already have a monitor? What resolution do you expect to be gaming at? The $750 budget includes shipping cost also?

Need some questions answered:
For those who are overwhelmed by the variety of choices out there, or are too lazy to do some research first:

If you post a thread asking for help in building your rig, the following are some of the questions you should answer -- or will have to answer -- before you get any help from us.

• What is your budget? Are shipping and/or taxes included within that budget?
  • Where do you live? Where are you (planning on) buying everything at?
  • Which components do you need to get? Which components do you already have? Which components are you going to reuse (from older builds)?
  • What are you going to use your computer for? Which games/programs are you going to use?
  • Do you plan on overclocking? Are you going to use water (or some other form of "exotic") cooling?
  • Which monitor are you using? What resolution do you use? Are you using multiple monitors? Do you plan on buying a new/multiple monitor(s) any time soon?
  • Which features do you want on the motherboard?
  • How long do you want this system to last? Are you (planning on) making any incremental upgrades during that time?
Again, be as specific AND as brief as possible.

yeh valid points should of been more specific

ok This does not include monitor, But the monitor he does get will be around 22"

Shipping taxes are included in the 750 budget

This is in the US. will be buying most stuff online, newegg, clubit, etc

need all components, Case, mobo, cpu, ram, HD, video card, keyboard, mouse, PSU etc.

don't plan on overclocking

Mobo features should support at least 4gb ram, and can be upgraded for a while

would like it to last for 2-3 years, 9 yeh i know in today's age it's a stretch but will be upgraded periodically.

Nice post thanks, will look into that,

Anyone else have any feedback?

Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 CPU - $120 (FS)
Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L Intel P43 Motherboard - $90
A-Data ADQVE1A16K 2 x 1GB DDR2 800 RAM - $40 (FS)
HIS Hightech H485F512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB PCI-E Video Card - $175 (FS)
Samsung SH-222F 22X DVD±R SATA DVD Burner - $25 (FS)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - $64 (FS)
Rosewill R6A34-SL ATX Computer Case - $50(FS)
Antec Earthwatts 500W PSU - $55 (FS)
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP1 OEM - $80
----
Total $699 plus tax

Use the leftover $51 to pay for the taxes, mouse and keyboard.

Could save $5 on http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129024 instead of Rosewill case :p looks
better to me also!

Back