• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

System appears unstable

tag503

n00b
Joined
Mar 15, 2009
Messages
7
My system hasn’t been running very stable lately (lots of blue screens and random windows services stopping as well as some performance issues). Below I have provided my system specs, a list of some of the errors I have compiled over the last week, as well as an image of the results from running PassMark on my system.
System: Originally assembled 2/08. Graphics card and 2 GB of memory added 3/09. Power supply added 8/09.
• Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 2
• Intel E6750 @ 2.66GHz
• 4x1GB Corsair 240 Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
• Gigabyte P35-DS3L
• Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 (video bios version 62.00.1A.00.60)
• Earthwatts EA-650 Power Supply
• Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Blue Screens: I can’t think of any specific common events that trigger these (sometimes I’m playing a game, sometimes I’m playing music, sometimes just reading the internet)
• Memory Management 0x0000001A (I don’t have the rest of the numbers for this one)
• 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x9AB1FFBF, 0xC6EA5C08, 0x00000000) WIN32K.sys Address: 9AB1FFBF base at 9AAA0000 Date stamp 4bdc370f
• IRQL Not Less or Equal 0x0000000A (0xC0302840, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x84ABB199)
• IRQL Not Less or Equal 0x0000000A (0xC0886054, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x84A71E06)
Other Errors: When I boot up sometimes I get a screen after the list of devices that simply reads “The file is possibly corrupt. The file header checksum does not match the computed checksum,” and the system will have to be restarted to get past the screen, sometimes several times. Often when I get into windows, services will start to fail:
• Windows Explorer has stopped working
• Media Center Media Status Aggregator Service has stopped working
• Ready Boost has stopped working
• Windows Update has stopped working
• Task Scheduler Engine has stopped working.
Those are all the ones I received yesterday when I booted up.
Have also been having problems with Windows Firewall being turned off and not being able to turn it back on, with Kaspersky not being able to update or with its databases “corrupted.” Simple reboot usually fixes those but it would be nice if they stopped happening all together.

Lastly, I ran passmark on my system and posted the results below. The only big concern I had was that my cpu ran a 997 and the average benchmark for my cpu is a 1667. I’m not sure why my cpu is running at 60% of its average capability.

Any help or ideas you guys might have to help me get my system running stably would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PassMark(TM) PerformanceTest 6.1 (http://www.passmark.com)
Results generated on: Sunday, June 27, 2010


Benchmark Results

Test Name: This Computer
CPU - Integer Math: 154.2
CPU - Floating Point Math: 408.2
CPU - Find Prime Numbers: 409.4
CPU - SSE/3DNow!: 3550.1
CPU - Compression: 3728.7
CPU - Encryption: 22.7
CPU - Image Rotation: 801.7
CPU - String Sorting: 2374.9
Graphics 2D - Lines: 55.3
Graphics 2D - Rectangles: 29.5
Graphics 2D - Shapes: 24.2
Graphics 2D - Fonts and Text: 124.8
Graphics 2D - GUI: 81.9
Graphics 3D - Simple: 1782.4
Graphics 3D - Medium: 379.0
Graphics 3D - Complex: 37.5
Memory - Allocate Small Block: 1414.7
Memory - Read Cached: 1509.1
Memory - Read Uncached: 1476.1
Memory - Write: 1524.9
Memory - Large RAM: 676.1
Disk - Sequential Read: 77.5
Disk - Sequential Write: 77.0
Disk - Random Seek + RW: 3.3
CD - Read: 4.6
CPU Mark: 997.4
2D Graphics Mark: 222.7
Memory Mark: 488.0
Disk Mark: 570.6
CD Mark: 562.8
3D Graphics Mark: 703.7
PassMark Rating: 637.5

System information: This Computer
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
Number of CPU: 1
(2 Core(s)/CPU, 1 Logical(s)/Core)
CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
CPU Speed: 2000.0 MHz
Cache size: 4096KB
O/S: Windows Vista (WIN32)
Total RAM: 3581.6 MB.
Available RAM: 2032.9 MB.
Video settings: 1680x1050x32
Video driver:
DESCRIPTION: GeForce GTX 260
MANUFACTURER: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
BIOS: Version 62.00.1A.00.60
DATE: 08/05/08
Drive Letter: C
Total Disk Space: 146.5 GBytes
Cluster Size: 4.0 KBytes
File system: NTFS
 
Read the stickied "Basic Troubleshooting Guide". Follow the steps there and report back.
 
Back
Top