Switching sound?

Benzino

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
1,710
I have a standard Creative Sound Blaster Live hooked up to my PC. From there, I have my Logitech Z 640's hooked up to, and that goes to my home theater set-up. I have Creative I-Trigue 3300's that I have unplugged right now, but want to use for gaming. The only thing is that I would have to unplug my other speakers, plug these in, and reconfigure Creative Surround mixer. It freezes up whenever I switch speakers though, which is a hassle. Here's my thought:
Would it be possible to hook my Creative's up to the onboard audio, and just switch the audio devices whenever I need to? I only use the Creative sound card for watching movies, and I don't care if my gaming sound quality is sub-par because I use onboard.
 
That would work just fine. I would set the Live as your primary sound card and then see if you can set the onboard as the output in the DVD program; most will let you
 
Thanks, but I want it vice-versa. The Creative Live will be the DVD output, while onboard is for gaming. Will get on it.

EDIT: not good Kemosabe. I disabled the Creative card, but now i can't enable the onboard audio, which is the good ol AC Audio 97, Uh oh. I have a feeling that Creative drivers got rid of the onboard audio drivers. Gonna have to reinstall drivers.
 
Well, I enabled onboard in the Bios, and I am able to switch back and forth to the Creative card and onboard. I have my 2.1 speakers hooked up to the onboard and my 5.1 hooked up to the Creative card, but I cannot get sound at all. When I have it at 2.1 on the onboard, I get nothing, and same when I switch it to the 5.1 on the creative-nothing. Something is going wrong here.......
 
Back
Top