switch front or back audio

fredfred41

n00b
Hi everyone

I have a asrock B450M Pro4 Motherboard, I pluged x3 jack cables from the back of pc to my 5.1 sound amplifier, I managed to make it work with 6.0.9038.1 Realtek HD driver version. When I plug my headphone to the front of the computer, the sound is muted to sound amplifier, evrything works fine.
That's all, I just wanted to share...

Kiding... I want to know if there a way to choose beetween front (headphone) or back (5.1) without having to plug/unpluged my headphone each time... my computer is noit easily reachable.

When I installed windows 10 for the first time, before updating driver with latest realtek, I could swith and choose beetween front and back audio directly from sound icon in the taskbar, the only problem was I couldn't have 5.1 to the back, only stereo...

Do you have a solution for me?

Thanks for reading...

I use SoundSwitch and its seemless to switch between my speakers and headphones. Bound to the default Ctrl+Alt+F11 and it works flawlessly. https://soundswitch.aaflalo.me/

I used to use AudioSwitcher mentioned above but its been out of development for a long time and started acting funky. SoundSwitch is getting regular updates.

Last edited:
Back