• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Swiftech support is unbelievable

Steeeeve said:
most companies don't do this for RMA (you really don't RMA too much to Newegg after 30 days). Also, Swiftech doesn't make that much money like you think. They have financial statements and they aren't doing that great.

Anyway, look at MSI and Seasonic. If you have a bad request then they make you pay to get it back. This seems fair to avoid having people claim damage for things they damaged. I think Swiftech probably could improve their Tech Support a little but this little claim is unreasonable and not worthy of a BBB report.
I THINK YOU WORK OR A SHAREHOLDER OF SWIFTECH.
GO to BBB, the only way to make big companies like this listen.

BTW, how much swiftech paying you steeeve?
 
rayman2k2 said:
i still remember the day the MCP6000 (i think) came out...good times...gooood times


their market cap droped for 12.8 MILLION to 387 THOUSAND today
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=RCHN.PK

they definately aren't doing to good, but I think what Vipes did was the right thing...
maybe when swiftech made 12.8 million michelle wasn't customer service then. when they hired michelle that's when the downhill started. I'd say fire michelle.
biggrin.gif
 
Steeeeve said:
Yes, we should reward people for being a little bitch. I wouldn't call the person in this case that but just because you get what you want doesn't mean you deserved it.

Steeeeve. Are you saying that the Viper didnt deserve to get the customer service he paid for? You are unbelievable man. And how is Viper being a little bitch?
Steeeeve said:
Yes, we should reward people for being a little bitch.

He is a customer that purchased a product, and he expects the company to stand behind that product and provide him with customer support.

If anyone is being a little bitch here, its you Steeeeve.
 
TheToE! said:
Steeeeve. Are you saying that the Viper didnt deserve to get the customer service he paid for? You are unbelievable man. And how is Viper being a little bitch?


He is a customer that purchased a product, and he expects the company to stand behind that product and provide him with customer support.

If anyone is being a little bitch here, its you Steeeeve.
I actually didn't call Viper a little bitch. Try reading my post first. Secondly, his claim was not a big deal which was my point.

As for rysher, you obviously haven't read this thread. The product was working fine. When this happens you normally pay for the product to come back as SEASONIC and MSI do. In fact, I have sent products back to a ton of companies and Seasonic clearly states this. It is stated on Seasonics website. The only fault of Swiftech is they didn't make it clear enough. This doesn't warrant a huge rant about it with a BBB inquiry.

maybe when swiftech made 12.8 million michelle wasn't customer service then. when they hired michelle that's when the downhill started. I'd say fire michelle.
This was your next quote....the actually made 16,000 which pretty much means they broke even.

I THINK YOU WORK OR A SHAREHOLDER OF SWIFTECH.
Yeah, I work for them and I am a shareholder :rolleyes: ...actually I live on the East Coast and I try to avoid owning stock as it can be a pain for an accoutant. So that must mean I have no relation to Swiftech and in fact I believe I talked bad about them earlier in this thread.

Glad to see we have some uniformed people here.

Is this complaint worth being annoyed about? Yes. Worth a BBB report? No. Worth not buying swiftech over? Only to the person with the problem.
 
As long as Viper came out of the deal ok , thats all that matters. It is interesting to note the different views folks have of what is acceptable and whats not when it comes to customer care.
 
TheToE! said:
As long as Viper came out of the deal ok , thats all that matters. It is interesting to note the different views folks have of what is acceptable and whats not when it comes to customer care.
I don't think anyone is saying this is acceptable...some are just saying its not as big of a deal as is made out here.
 
crap..I am sad to see this thread..I emailed swiftech a few weeks back..becasue I need some screws for my Storm...It looked like I might strip one and asked for help(as well other comments on tarnishing on my block)..anyway I offered to buy the screws


First guy was cool and told Michelle to send me 2 screws for my storm and mcw60..I asked for 2..should have asked for more

Michelle was kinda curt in the emails..saying I should go through my etailer..problem is no one carries just the screws..I would have paid for them

I feel lucky I got what I needed
 
This is precisely why I refuse to buy Swiftech stuff. Feel free to disagree, but bigger companies tend to neglect the wellbeing of their enthusiast customers when they solely focus on revenue.

Having "Michelle" handle your issue, somebody who may simply just be a rep with NO experience hands on with watercooling, is inexcusable for a company that supposedly targets the enthusiast watercooler.

From Swiftech's standpoint: "Oh...our waterblocks suck? We'll just source Cathar and buy his design. Our pumps? Hmm...where's Laing's phone number?"

I will always be a user of DTek/AquaXtreme products.

/rant
 
All this because you don't want to pay return shipping? What principle? Swiftech never said they'd pay for return shipping, it's not like they lied to you.
 
lacklin said:
All this because you don't want to pay return shipping? What principle? Swiftech never said they'd pay for return shipping, it's not like they lied to you.
Cmon..she should have told him..I be annoyed as well....I would never had expected that as well

I have sent stuff in and always pay my way and they pay return
 
I agree that swiftech should not have to pay return shipping for a non-defective problem. What I do have ap roblem with, is how they presenti t. "Ok just send it in". Well, that is the part when they should have added "If it's broken, we'll have it fixed and shipped back to you free of charge. If it's not broken, then you will have to pay return shipping". It's just another few seconds and it's little thingsl ike this that can get you more customers, or lose you more customers.
 
.
takeabao said:
Having "Michelle" handle your issue, somebody who may simply just be a rep with NO experience hands on with watercooling, is inexcusable for a company that supposedly targets the enthusiast watercooler.

QFT!
 
Glad you got it handled finally,i email michelle//them a month ago with no reply whatsoever and i was inquiring about parts, i had no problems, at the time with them.....now i am looking elsewhere for my kit ..........
 
How long have you had the kit? Did you pay for it with a major credit card? If you aren't satisfied with the product and you think there is something wrong with it and Swiftech refuses to replace it then call your credit card company and file a chargeback.
 
Heh. I am having an issue with my Swiftech Apogee (http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1090020&page=1&pp=20&highlight=pissed+swiftech) and I called them to get a replacement. I also spoke with Michelle. I had a better experience with her than you did. Although I did call first thing in the morning. She asked me to send her an e-mail, I did, and recieved a rather prompt reply. I called her back, as she asked me to, and she got my shipping address to mail the replacement to. It shipped the same day.

Interestingly enough, when she was asking for the creditcard info (used just incase they never recieve my defective apogee) she told me "It's just incase the product is damaged because of the user, like if a pump is damaged or something..." and when I saw this thread I immediately thought she might have been talking about you, lol.

Sorry man.. =( I also don't like swiftech any more.
 
Viper87227 said:
I have NEVER RMAed anything where I have had to pay return shipping. Being that I deal with many, many people on broken hardware, I do a shitload of RMA's. Lets see, Newegg (few times, most after 30 days), Monarch, DFI (twice), Kingston, Abit, Asus, Sapphire, OCZ, PCP&C, Hitache, Western Digital... think thats it. Regardless, NONE of those companies had me pay return shipping.
That's total BS. I've sent products back to five of the companies on your list within the past 6 months and every single one of them made me pay for return shipping.
 
Steeeeve said:
most companies don't do this for RMA (you really don't RMA too much to Newegg after 30 days). Also, Swiftech doesn't make that much money like you think. They have financial statements and they aren't doing that great.

Anyway, look at MSI and Seasonic. If you have a bad request then they make you pay to get it back. This seems fair to avoid having people claim damage for things they damaged. I think Swiftech probably could improve their Tech Support a little but this little claim is unreasonable and not worthy of a BBB report.
while were on the subject, a video card of mine had a peice that fell off for no reason on my part. inspecting the card the thing didnt have much solder in the first place :( so i did what anyone would do and give newegg a jingle and see if they would RMA it, since it was day *18* and past 14 days since i received it in the mail they claimed they couldn't do anything about it and suggested i call XFX, pissed i said fuck it and grabbed some solder and a iron.... works fine now. if it hadn't i might have been pretty mad about losing 250 some odd bucks.
 
Betatester said:
while were on the subject, a video card of mine had a peice that fell off for no reason on my part. inspecting the card the thing didnt have much solder in the first place :( so i did what anyone would do and give newegg a jingle and see if they would RMA it, since it was day *18* and past 14 days since i received it in the mail they claimed they couldn't do anything about it and suggested i call XFX, pissed i said fuck it and grabbed some solder and a iron.... works fine now. if it hadn't i might have been pretty mad about losing 250 some odd bucks.
I thought newegg had a 1 yr warrant on items they sold....did this card specifically not come with this???
 
nealh said:
I thought newegg had a 1 yr warrant on items they sold....did this card specifically not come with this???
it was brand new retail, i thought i had atleast 30 days to have problems fixed if any came up. i was kinda disapointed about it but im happy i fixed it myself atleast (with only some minor burns on my finger :eek: ) i guess next time ill be sure to check over the stuff and get ahold of em sooner.
( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150149 )
 
Betatester said:
it was brand new retail, i thought i had atleast 30 days to have problems fixed if any came up. i was kinda disapointed about it but im happy i fixed it myself atleast (with only some minor burns on my finger :eek: ) i guess next time ill be sure to check over the stuff and get ahold of em sooner.
( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150149 )


You have 30 days to return an item for a refund. If something is defective and your just exchaning it, newegg gives you a full year :cool:. These days, If something breaks on me, and I got it from newegg, I will RMA it through them rather than the company. Instant RMA processing, and quick turnaround time FTW! Depending on the circumstances, they are also very good about covering return shipping if requested.
 
Viper87227 said:
You have 30 days to return an item for a refund. If something is defective and your just exchaning it, newegg gives you a full year :cool:. These days, If something breaks on me, and I got it from newegg, I will RMA it through them rather than the company. Instant RMA processing, and quick turnaround time FTW! Depending on the circumstances, they are also very good about covering return shipping if requested.
well thats what i tryed, i told them i needed to RMA my video card. but its all in the past now... i mean it works fine to the best of my knowledge
 
Back
Top