• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Swiftech Radbox

TehQuick

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 3, 2004
Messages
3,738
I saw this thing - http://www.swiftnets.com/products/MCB-120.asp and wonder if anyone has any experience with it. My case Antec SX630 is pretty small and full of stuff, and I have only 80mm fan placements, so I was thinking about getting WC setup with an external rad (dont want to mod the case). Any suggestions? thx
 
I'm curious about this thing too. I plan on using it in my build. In my opinion it doesn't look like you even need that rad box. I don't see why you can't mount the fan and heater core right to the back of the case. I know I have a grill for the rear case fan that protrudes out a bit that and might need to be sawed off.

I also can't figure out which way the fan blows and why no fan shroud is being used. I assume it pulls air from the back of the case and into the radiator. I can't imagine it would pull from the radiator and push it into the case.

I'm going to set mine up so it sucks air from the case and pushes it through the radiator.


On a side note.....
I read a review on the radbox and the person using it had to reverse the radiator so the barbs point away from the case instead of towards. There were tighter bends when the barbs were facing the case.
 
Back
Top