Sweet Jehova's Witness, nvidia actually released new nForce3 drivers

Bar81

Gawd
Well, it's been OVER a year since the last release but at least they are still paying some attention to those who gave them money last year. As always on their official page.

damn.. i was hoping for an update for my nforce 2 board. It looks like the only change is the ethernet drivers - everything else has the same version numbers as the 5.10's from September 17, 2004

yeah, they sure did. and now my system isn't working. i've obviously done something wrong, but i don't know exactly what.

i uninstalled the old nforce 3 drivers via add/remove programs in windows xp, all drivers except for display drivers.

i reboot, and now at the xp login screen, my mouse nor my keyboard are detected. i tried booting into safe mode but with no luck.

i thought xp would revert back to old mouse/keyboard drivers?

i have an msi k8n neo2 platinum nforce3 motherboard with windows xp pro sp2.

I had to do a fresh install after removing the old NForce 3 drivers, but goddamn they are nice. My system is feels much more snappier than it did before, and I can tell because I formatted it yesterday to reinstall WinXP SP2.

Yeah, it hosed the piss out of my system, but do a fresh XP install and you'll like hte new drivers quite a bit. Have had no issues except for trying to disable some of hte checksum values so my online games will play (won't let me, but I have yet to play so I'll keep you posted.

Besides the 5.11's, I have the newest GeForce drivers installed, so far no issues to see and my system is runnin smooth as silk.

are you using a usb keyboard & mouse? could be the problem...

Aardvarck said:
nope, using a ps2 mouse and keyboard.

That's strange that your PS2 peripherals wouldn't work. Since they work with generic drivers used for Windows install.

No issues on install here.

Safe Mode->Add Remove Programs->Normal Boot->Installed new drivers-> :)

what does this driver actually do? ive had no probs with 5.10 on my dfi board, will i see any improvement or difference with the 5.11 drivers?

lifeinchains said:
Yea but still no new 64 bit drivers. Newest they have is a beta from last year :rolleyes: .

That's nvidia for you. Once they have your cash and a new product comes out, bye bye support.

Back