Sweet, I got a PS3. ...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't know why PS3 owners are so hyped up about Little Big Planet. Yeah I mean it looks like a fun platformer, but is there seriously nothing coming out for PS3 that it getting so much interest?

Although I'm a PS3 owner I asked this question too. The reply is that it's a platformer where you build your own levels...

I still don't get the hype personally but I'll try it after release.

I honestly don't know why PS3 owners are so hyped up about Little Big Planet. Yeah I mean it looks like a fun platformer, but is there seriously nothing coming out for PS3 that it getting so much interest?

Watch some videos, read up on it, then come back to us.

Watch some videos, read up on it, then come back to us.

I have, and it honestly doesn't look anything special. A game base around user created content has never been successful on consoles, but hey, if this pans out, it would open doors for other games. I just don't see the hype its getting form PS3 owners, is there nothing better coming out this holiday on PS3?

I guess that's my feelings on the latest FF....or any RPG.....complete snorefest IMO.

At least you can make money on LBP if your good at level designing :D

On another forum I frequent a few ppl went to Leipzig and came away after playing LBP completely awestruck and addicted. Along with the user created content it's the co-op online play that is getting ppl excited too...for eg, helping others who are helping you get to the end yet only one can win, resulting in mass back stabbing sounds hilarious :D

I have, and it honestly doesn't look anything special. A game base around user created content has never been successful on consoles, but hey, if this pans out, it would open doors for other games. I just don't see the hype its getting form PS3 owners, is there nothing better coming out this holiday on PS3?

Name a game that has done what LBP is working towards.

This statement confused me.

What's confusing about TheToE's statement? Play MGS4 and Little Big Planet then regret your decision.

I would regret my purchase as well if I spent $500 and found that MGS4 and LBP were the only titles worth playing. Where are all of the rpg's!? Oh yeah, that's right, they're all on 360 now...

What's confusing about TheToE's statement? Play MGS4 and Little Big Planet then regret your decision.

I would regret my purchase as well if I spent $500 and found that MGS4 and LBP were the only titles worth playing. Where are all of the rpg's!? Oh yeah, that's right, they're all on 360 now...

I would regret my purchase if I spent $200 plus on a console that frequently dies and needs to be sent in for repairs, see what I did there? Seriously guys at some point you have to get over your fanboyism and realize that different systems offer different experiences.

I enjoy my PS3. Stream media to it from my computer, download and play some demos, watch blu-rays. There is some fun to be had with it.

I would regret my purchase if I spent $200 plus on a console that frequently dies and needs to be sent in for repairs, see what I did there? Seriously guys at some point you have to get over your fanboyism and realize that different systems offer different experiences.

I enjoy my PS3. Stream media to it from my computer, download and play some demos, watch blu-rays. There is some fun to be had with it.

Pffft. Have fun playing demos...

PS3 was nothing more than a mere vehicle for a movie format. Where's their software? Too bad they don't care about the gaming.

You all have been played.

PS3 was nothing more than a mere vehicle for a movie format. Where's their software? Too bad they don't care about the gaming.

I'm sorry, but I can't remember the last game that I put as much time into than Tekken 5 online. Whats that? $30? :rolleyes:

PS3 does a lot more than just games, sure, but it also does games well. Its already got a ton of great games out right now. Plus.. mine is still 100% functional from the day I got it. Is there an internet meme for when the PS3 dies? Didn't think so.

Yawn :rolleyes:

No good having snorefests on your 360 if the thing is always in transit.....

I'm sorry, but I can't remember the last game that I put as much time into than Tekken 5 online. Whats that? $30? :rolleyes:

PS3 does a lot more than just games, sure, but it also does games well. Its already got a ton of great games out right now. Plus.. mine is still 100% functional from the day I got it. Is there an internet meme for when the PS3 dies? Didn't think so.

Yeah, it does game's well, just like how the PS3 has to run Soul Calibur 4 with 40% less pixels than the 360...

pffft. weak sauce.

Can't come up with anything better than that!?

No it's called an opinion. Something you obviously don't really understand others have yet, maybe after you've left school you'll get it? :rolleyes:

Not denying the inherent POS hardware syndrome the 360 has tho are we.....

Ughhh.... Fanboys are so annoying.

Look, if LBP and MGS4 are all that appeal to you on the PS3, then you are probably correct in saying it isn't a system for you. However, many people (including myself) enjoy many games on the PS3, so making a blanket statement that those are the ONLY 2 games is just stupid and reeks of fanboyism. I own both a 360 and PS3, and I wouldn't consider giving up either.

So by all means, continue to enjoy your 360 (I know I do mine), but don't think that just because you say there are only 2 good games on the PS3 makes it true.

I'm curious to know what games you guys enjoy on yours. Not flaming, just curious.

Ughhh.... Fanboys are so annoying.

Look, if LBP and MGS4 are all that appeal to you on the PS3, then you are probably correct in saying it isn't a system for you. However, many people (including myself) enjoy many games on the PS3, so making a blanket statement that those are the ONLY 2 games is just stupid and reeks of fanboyism. I own both a 360 and PS3, and I wouldn't consider giving up either.

So by all means, continue to enjoy your 360 (I know I do mine), but don't think that just because you say there are only 2 good games on the PS3 makes it true.

Hey, you know what? I respect you. I like your post and respect where you are coming from.

Let me ask you this, you enjoy both, but which do you get the most use out of and why?

Hey, you know what? I respect you. I like your post and respect where you are coming from.

Let me ask you this, you enjoy both, but which do you get the most use out of and why?

It honestly depends on what the newest game I have is. When MGS4 first came out, the PS3 was pretty much used exclusively for about a month. The same can be said for the 360 when Mass Effect came out. Overall I would say the 360 gets more games use because I tend to play multiplayer games on it. It is pretty close for me though as I actually have a couple more games for PS3 than I do for 360.

I'm curious to know what games you guys enjoy on yours. Not flaming, just curious.

gt5p
mlb 08 the show
tiger woods 09
nhl 08 (soon 09, MMO)
mgs4
gta4
tekken 5
rock band
warhawk
unchartered

and on my pc i enjoy all the games you've enjoyed on your xbox360.

sooo, in MY opinion, that leaves you as a potentially sad panda who can't experience ps3 exclusives.

what was your point again?

they tend to do that.

some xbox players just have a hard time believing that the ps3 is a fun gaming platform, for some reason.

gt5p
mlb 08 the show
tiger woods 09
nhl 08 (soon 09, MMO)
mgs4
gta4
tekken 5
rock band
warhawk
unchartered

and on my pc i enjoy all the games you've enjoyed on your xbox360.

sooo, in MY opinion, that leaves you as a potentially sad panda who can't experience ps3 exclusives.

what was your point again?

I wish there were some exclusives to become a sad panda about! Then I would run out and buy the damn thing! But you know what? This is how I roll :

1.Never buy a console @ launch.
2. Wait at least a year or longer for console to build a decent library.
3. Buy console when library is swelled and "pure gold" titles can be picked up on clearance.

So maybe next year I will pick up a PS3. Right now, I see nothing more than a couple of games that would be worth playing. I really dont see how PS3 fans could not be a little dissapointed at the library right now. Especially RPG's.

Heh yeah, surprisingly, 360 is the console to get for both Western and J RPG's this generation.

I wish there were some exclusives to become a sad panda about! Then I would run out and buy the damn thing! But you know what? This is how I roll :

1.Never buy a console @ launch.
2. Wait at least a year or longer for console to build a decent library.
3. Buy console when library is swelled and "pure gold" titles can be picked up on clearance.

So maybe next year I will pick up a PS3. Right now, I see nothing more than a couple of games that would be worth playing. I really dont see how PS3 fans could not be a little dissapointed at the library right now. Especially RPG's.

i don't buy consoles at launch either. i just bought my ps3 when gran turismo 5 prologue and gta4 came out, april 08.

i listed close to 10 games which i find are worth playing and i've only owned the system a few months.

rpgs, i have a nintendo ds for the good ones. ;)

I have my ps3 now. I'm very disappointed in in it so far.

-It's burned every quesadilla I've tried to make
-I plugged it in, and it made 5 errors while it did my tax return
-Not dishwasher safe.

I have my ps3 now. I'm very disappointed in in it so far.

-It's burned every quesadilla I've tried to make
-I plugged it in, and it made 5 errors while it did my tax return
-Not dishwasher safe.

LOL! I think I got a bronze trophy on my tax return. That is how it works, right?

Are you talking about exclusives? Because I own 15 titles for my PS3 (not including downloaded games) How many games do you personally own on your X360?

Are you talking about exclusives? Because I own 15 titles for my PS3 (not including downloaded games) How many games do you personally own on your X360?

Mainly I am talking about exclusives. Sony's first and third party exclusives have all but disappeared. What's coming out by Christmas holiday that is only on PS3? Resistance 2? I think that is it. Granted I WOULD like to play some Resistance. Looks to be mighty fun. But is this year only Resistance and MGS4 for Sony?

I'm looking forward to Fable 2, Gears 2, Last Remnant, Infinite Und, Left 4 Dead, Banjo Kazooie. Those are the ones coming out between now and the end of the year, not mentioning all of the exclusives that have come out in the previous 9 months of the year.

I own probably 15 or so games for my 360, several cross plats (GTA4, etc) and several exclusives (Gears, etc).

Here's what I see: Sony and Microsoft are like the ying and the yang. Each one's strength is the other's weakness. Sony is a top tier hardware electronics company who knows how to build a rock-solid console. MS on the other hand is a software giant, they know their software and they know networking. In those regards, if the two teamed up... then we would all win!

Truth be told, Im spending all of my current gaming time playing Castle Crashers !!!

Mainly I am talking about exclusives. Sony's first and third party exclusives have all but disappeared. What's coming out by Christmas holiday that is only on PS3? Resistance 2? I think that is it. Granted I WOULD like to play some Resistance. Looks to be mighty fun. But is this year only Resistance and MGS4 for Sony?

Socom, resistance, LBP, Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3 which came out week ago. Plus probably some other junk which i don;t care about :)

PS. No if those two teemed we would be paying 1000$ per console and 80$ per game :)

I'm looking forward to Fable 2, Gears 2, Last Remnant, Infinite Und, Left 4 Dead, Banjo Kazooie.

And they are your choices, others differ. Gears 2 is the only stand out title there for me, would like to play L4D and Banjo too tho. Two will hit the PC for sure therefore there is only 1 title worth playing on the 360 in that list IMO.

So forcing what you believe are the only titles worth playing onto others is a tad misguided, if we all liked the same things then it'd be a very boring world.

And they are your choices, others differ. Gears 2 is the only stand out title there for me, would like to play L4D and Banjo too tho. Two will hit the PC for sure therefore there is only 1 title worth playing on the 360 in that list IMO.

So forcing what you believe are the only titles worth playing onto others is a tad misguided, if we all liked the same things then it'd be a very boring world.

Im not forcing anything upon anyone mate. Baker merely asked about exclusives on 360. Not to mention that the list i produced is just what is coming between now and the end of 09... For the PS3, it's only Resistance right?

Tiger, what do you have on your beloved "dualshock3'd = gaming heaven" ps3 as far as exclusives? It's just fact that Sony has severely lapsed in software content on the ps3. 360 has a much larger, more exclusive, and more diverse library.

Tiger, what do you have on your beloved "dualshock3'd = gaming heaven" ps3 as far as exclusives? It's just fact that Sony has severely lapsed in software content on the ps3. 360 has a much larger, more exclusive, and more diverse library.

Can you not have a proper convo without digs? Just accept not everyone is an xbot and you'll mellow a little ;)

Exclusive wise? Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Buzz, Singstar and all PSN titles. Didn't like Resistance but have friends who are in the beta for number 2 who say 8 player co-op and 60 player online is very special! Not bothered with MGS4 yet, will do before the end of the year along with LBP.

It's not all about the games for me tho, mine is a fully fledged entertainment hub, shed load of BR's, all my music and a shit load of ripped DVD's for convenience. As regards the 360 having a larger more diverse catalogue then one would hope so considering it was out over a year and a half before the PS3.

Come now, why are you bringing pc into this? I PC game as well and am not jumping on a pc vs console discussion. This is about why you hold the ps3 so dear my friend.

Why bring a PC into it? Do you really think it's worth shelling out on a console that the only games you wanna play on it will make their way over to PC? Not hard to understand really is it.....

Sweet spot is PC > PS3 > Wii IMO altho having said that, for the handful of good titles on the Wii ours hasn't been touched for a LONG time now.

Enjoy that 360 while it lasts tho ;)

Can you not have a proper convo without digs? Just accept not everyone is an xbot and you'll mellow a little ;)

Exclusive wise? Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, Buzz, Singstar and all PSN titles. Didn't like Resistance but have friends who are in the beta for number 2 who say 8 player co-op and 60 player online is very special! Not bothered with MGS4 yet, will do before the end of the year along with LBP.

It's not all about the games for me tho, mine is a fully fledged entertainment hub, shed load of BR's, all my music and a shit load of ripped DVD's for convenience. As regards the 360 having a larger more diverse catalogue then one would hope so considering it was out over a year and a half before the PS3.

Why bring a PC into it? Do you really think it's worth shelling out on a console that the only games you wanna play on it will make their way over to PC? Not hard to understand really is it.....

Sweet spot is PC > PS3 > Wii IMO altho having said that, for the handful of good titles on the Wii ours hasn't been touched for a LONG time now.

Enjoy that 360 while it lasts tho ;)

Buzz and Singstar... really, you are proud to have those? What exclusives do you have coming out during the rest of this year? Everything you mentioned is old news, has beens, and some have been for over a year now!? Come on, what are you looking forward to?

Im starting to think you are going to be the one needing to enjoy that ps3 while it lasts... after all, even Sony only has so much blood to bleed out... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back