• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Swapping drives between two similar laptops

CVPIFTW

n00b
Joined
Nov 14, 2011
Messages
5
Maybe someone here can help me....


Pretty much I have some critical data on one drive, the drive needs to be the EXACT same. I have three other laptops (HPs) that are the same model, I was wondering if I would run into any issues duping the drives exact 1:1 with a OEM image of windows, yet with a program that was a one off, that someone never decided to backup (DOH)....


Any opinions on this? Its some pretty high end custom wrote scoring software that they paid somewhere around 10 grand to have written, yet they forgot to make a backup :(
 
That sounds like one heck of a shady deal... What kinda programmer charges 10K for something and neither licenses it nor provides the source code?

Anyway, if the laptops are identical there's no reason you can't image the drive and copy the OS install + everything unto the other two, just change the Windows activation keys after you're done. You said the laptops are the same model but the thread title says they're similar tho, so which is it?
 
Same model, same configs exception for asset tagging.

By the way, I would like to find this programmer because he is an idiot
 
Back
Top