Swans M10 for $82

aznpxdd

2[H]4U
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
2,354
Not sure if this is posted here already, but AudioInsider has a great price on the M10's.

Here
 
Damn... and I told spaceman I'd snag a pair if I found 'em that cheap but, alas, today's the 1st of the month and all the play-dough is long since gone. :)

I'll keep that bookmarked for hoping I can grab 'em... damned fine price.
 
I like these speakers, saw them before around here....
but....

Why the fuck is the volume knob on the sub woofer???
 
Cool, I been looking to some speakers I could hook up to my TV to replace the crappy built in speakers.
 
I like these speakers, saw them before around here....
but....

Why the fuck is the volume knob on the sub woofer???

Because they intention is to use it like a bookshelf system I think. It is a bit odd but, most people deal with it accordingly. I'm not a big fan of desktop-fixed subs or even bass modules as the case may be, but some people can handle it.
 
Does anybody have any direct experience with these and the Audioengine A2? I was casually considering one of these two items a couple months ago. Maybe this price will force my hand :).
 
This is really good value? I am currently looking for speakers, mostly for computer but it would be nice to have flexibility of plugging in iPods or other systems.
 
Omg... I paid $110 +shipping for this. Definitely worth it. Very good price.

The woofer is supposed to go on the desk, between the left and right speaker.
 
wow. I did a nice post and it did not even appear lol.

behringer + sub is better than the m10

behringer by itself is not. you can buy the behringer now and add a sub later.

either way, you get decent sound. just much more sound impact and a bit more detail with the behringer + sub.
 
wow. I did a nice post and it did not even appear lol.

behringer + sub is better than the m10

behringer by itself is not. you can buy the behringer now and add a sub later.

either way, you get decent sound. just much more sound impact and a bit more detail with the behringer + sub.

Would the Behringer have the smoothness of the mids + highs of the Swans? From everything I read, the Swans seem to be the speaker equivalent of my old AKG K501's. :)

Link to Behringer?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHMS20
 
Wow, those look pretty nasty. And I paid $100 for these piece of shit Klipsch Promedia Ultra 2.0's.
 
The swans would make a great front stage but still need a sub. with a good source, they would have better mids and highs. out of an x-fi analogue? maybe, maybe not.

hey! get the m10 and a sub for $200! that would ROCK!

the behringer are as detailed as the 501 but not quite as good overall imo.

if you can , get the higher powered version of the behringer. it will sound better across the board. small speakers generally need more power.

501s, 601s,701s, 340 (good version), K1000, all benefited from a sub btw. K1000 with a sub is FUN.
 
Is the woofer shielded? Am I going to have a problem if I have the woofer directly under my 19' crt?
 
Speakers look nice but the damn sub takes up too much desk space and I think it looks ugly on the desk, otherwise, it's nice.
 
Speakers look nice but the damn sub takes up too much desk space and I think it looks ugly on the desk, otherwise, it's nice.

The sub is a DUMB design. One big reason why I would love a new model with a bit larger everything but :)
 
I just ordered a set from Audio Insider for my office, I am excited to try them out, I have read alot of good things about these online. I think I will wall mount my LCD (or desk clamp VESA mount) then put the sub under the LCD.
 
Cool. They certainly are a good deal for the $$ atm. Probably are discounted for liquidation.
 
Question on placement of the sub:

Would placing the sub ABOVE the monitor be better than placing it on the ground? I know the sub is supposed to be on the desktop, but my current desk doesn't allow me to place it under my monitor as there is an overhang.

I'm thinking of putting the sub on the overhang and it would a little over eye level.

Thoughts?
 
subs are low frequency and placement can be anywhere without affecting what you hear. whatever is easiest
 
subs are low frequency and placement can be anywhere without affecting what you hear. whatever is easiest

Except this really is not a sub. Placing it and the other speakers around your ear level is optimal. So get it as close to that as possible.

The weird design of this setup is its most major defect. Too much of the sound depends on the center speaker. It would have been better if they had made the satellites larger and the sub was really a sub which could be placed out of the way.
 
i think the M12s correct that issue, but I could be wrong

and they are only $89
 
i think the M12s correct that issue, but I could be wrong

and they are only $89

I like the looks of the M12, would thay be better for listening to music from a Zune? i really dont like the white of the M10s plus the M12s has the protective grill.
 
I think the M12 are more towards gaming (heavier bass) and the m10 is for music (balanced sound)
 
Firesale prices.. had a friend of mine pick a set up! To those who are looking to buy.. these speakers sound great for computer speakers. Auditioning them, they were clearly better than the Bose Companion 5 speakers (which are almost 5x the price).. get'em while they're hot.
 
Honestly, you can't go wrong with the m10... They're wonderful.
As long as you have room on the desk for the "midwoofer"...
For this price, they're a steal.
 
Firesale prices.. had a friend of mine pick a set up! To those who are looking to buy.. these speakers sound great for computer speakers. Auditioning them, they were clearly better than the Bose Companion 5 speakers (which are almost 5x the price).. get'em while they're hot.

My entire point exactly. Some things actually are favorably priced. Bose is not one of those things.
 
Back
Top