• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Swan m10

tylerfukuda

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 2, 2009
Messages
79
hello,
i think i might buy these, if anyone has these speakers, how do they sound? and there around 100 too so

or should i get the m-audio av40's???
how do they sound?
 
They're both excellent speakers, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I prefer the aesthetics of the Swans but quality judgments between the two will come down to subjective issues.
 
Note that the M10's subwoofer is more of a midwoofer and should be placed on the desk in the middle of the 2 satellite speakers. If you can't find a spot in the middle, I'd go with the M-Audio set.
 
yes i know that it is a mid
i was thinking (if i got the swans) to make a little shelve such as this 1
2rxcv2d.jpg


but im not sure yet becuase there both really good speakers
 
Are you concerned with volume? If you want loud, then I'd go with the M-Audio.
 
yes and no
i want them loud but i want it to had good quality at loud volumes
ya know wat im sayiin :]
 
I had a set of the M10's. They lasted about a month before the amp headed south. It started dropping a channel, in short order it stopped working all together.
I would recommend staying away from the M10.
They sounded good while they worked but $100 for a month of use is unacceptable to me.
 
yes and no
i want them loud but i want it to had good quality at loud volumes
ya know wat im sayiin :]

~100-200 isn't buying you super quality anyway. M-Audio's will be fine.

I had a set of the M10's. They lasted about a month before the amp headed south. It started dropping a channel, in short order it stopped working all together.
I would recommend staying away from the M10.
They sounded good while they worked but $100 for a month of use is unacceptable to me.

They do have a warranty IIRC. Did you use it or just return the M10s?
 
No warranty, they were a gift last christmas. Rather than try to send them back and pay shipping and deal with the hastle I just tried to fix them, did not work.
The electrical components and the pc board were very cheaply made chinese items.
 
As someone who has owned the Swan M10s for over a year now, I can say that I am definitely not a fan of them. In fact, I stopped listening to them at all after a month.

They are weak, and there is absolutely no low end on these speakers, even the mid range is weak. They are decently detailed, however.
 
For the price (and looking at current deals), I'd go w/the AV40... Or something by Samson. :D
 
That's only a 30 hour drive from Michigan, right? No problem haha.
 
Back
Top