Swan M10 Woofer

cd248

n00b
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
2
I've been thinking about replacing my Klipsch Promedia 2.1 with the Swan M10 since the amp is starting to get problems and I'm getting a lot of crackling. I checked the cost for repairing it and it came out to be about $70 with shipping so I decided that I might as well get some new speakers. I read that the woofer for the M10 should be placed on top of the desk in order to get the best sound. However, I don't have enough room for that so I'd have to put it underneath my desk or on the floor. I'm just wondering if it's still worth buying if the woofer isn't going to be placed on my desk. If not, do you have any recommendations for new 2.1 speakers for about $100?

Thanks
 
How about the Creative Gigaworks T20? Other choices in this price range are Logitech Z-10, Klipsch 2.0 Ultra and Altec Lansing MX5020. Most of the 2.0 choices will be less dynamic than your 2.1 promedias but that's the trade off for no sub. (Although on the flip side the satellites themselves would be better than the PM 2.1 satellites).
 
You can always get a T-Amp + cheap bookshelf speakers and pair it up with your Klipsch's subwoofer until you get more money to add a sub. I don't think the M10 will sound very good if you don't place the middle woofer ear level.
 
Yeah, the woofer in the M10s is a woofer not a subwoofer because it is the kind of woofer you are supposed to have in all of your speakers. It's really a bad design.
 
Thanks for the help everyone. I decided to take the advice of a member from another forum who has the M10 and is in the same situation as I am, and it seems to work out fine. I just ordered them and hopefully I'll get similar results.
 
Back
Top