• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SVC Falling down on the job...

Stoopid Guy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
240
Well, I ordered a $30 set of LED fans, cathode tubes and LED lights a week and a half ago,with 5 day shipping to make sure it came in time for its purpose as a Christmas present. 3 days after I ordered, I get an email telling me that the fans are out of stock (their website clearly said they were IN stock), so I switch them with another set of fans. Then, 9 days after I placed my order, I get ANOTHER email, telling me that the cathode lights are out of stock!!! They held the entire shipment for a week and a half without sending anything because THEY can't keep track of their own inventory ?! I know that I am definitely never shopping there again... and I'm cancelling my order ! :mad: Has anyone else had problems with SVC before? (If there had been an apology... or offer to ship the items that WEREN'T out of stock, it would have been fine... but to have the same exact problem twice, no apology, BIG delay, no notification until 9 days afterward? Nah, no thanks!)
 
I'm so sick of SVC. I RMA'ed some cathodes, and they never, ever respond to my emails. Theyve had my cathodes for months, and absoluetly refuse to respond to ANY email I send. Whenever I call, I either get an answering machine, or get hung up on. I don't know what to do.
 
Never had a problem with them, but then again I have only ordered from them 8 times in the last 2 years....
 
I always call a retailer to check to make sure my product is really instock. Good idea.
 
rusek said:
I always call a retailer to check to make sure my product is really instock. Good idea.

Yup I also do this when possible, it makes me feel more assured that everything is ok. I have had no trouble with SVC and I have ordered from them about 10 times. I want to say that it may be because of the holiday season...anyways I hope everything works out for you...
 
Same problem happened to me just recently. One of the items I ordered suddenly became out of stock after my order had been placed. An email was sent to me (around 6:00 PM) asking me what to do. I replied immediately and told them to take out that item and ship the rest. Unfortunatley they didn't seem to read my response until 5:00PM the following day which basically caused a 2 day delay in shipping my order. Normally I wouldn't care but these were supposed to be Christmas gifts for someone and now there is no way I'm getting them in time.
 
I had one problem with them. They sent me the wrong HSF and I had to pay to send it back so they could send me the right one. That pissed me off.

But the next time I got extra stuff in my box. :p
 
Well, I sent an angry reply to the third (!) item that wasn't in stock saying that I want to cancel my order, that I will NEVER order again as long as this is not properly taken care of and that I will tell everyone I know and every board I go to about it... So of course I get this personally tailored reply:
Dear Valued Customer,

We have regretfully cancelled your order. We hope your next order will
go through without any problems. Thank you.

Sincerely,

SVC Customer Service
www.svc.com
Can't these people read? :confused:
 
All my orders from svc have been quick and hassle free. Since it was near the holidays, they probably couldn't update the site quick enough since they had so many orders at one time. Sorry to hear about this though.
 
The cathodes they sent me caught on fire (The inverter) Luckly I was just testing them out side of the case
 
I had the same problem when I ordered from them this week, I ordered an AC ati silencer, an XP-90 heatsink, and some of their clearance cables. I get an email the next day saying the XP-90 is out of stock, they can hold my order or remove the heatsink & ship the rest. I told them to remove the item, and ship everything ASAP. So I place an order for the XP-90 at frozenCPU.

Not 15 minutes after I placed my order at frozencpu, I get an email from Lee over at SVC saying the XP-90 is BACK in stock, and it'll be added back onto my order. I was forced to call the shop to make sure they didn't include it. Now I'm just dreading the 29th when my box arrives, I hope everything's the way it should be.
 
Stoopid Guy said:
3 days after I ordered, I get an email telling me that the fans are out of stock (their website clearly said they were IN stock), so I switch them with another set of fans. Then, 9 days after I placed my order, I get ANOTHER email, telling me that the cathode lights are out of stock!!! They held the entire shipment for a week and a half without sending anything because THEY can't keep track of their own inventory ?! I know that I am definitely never shopping there again... and I'm cancelling my order ! :mad: Has anyone else had problems with SVC before? (If there had been an apology... or offer to ship the items that WEREN'T out of stock, it would have been fine... but to have the same exact problem twice, no apology, BIG delay, no notification until 9 days afterward? Nah, no thanks!)

Dude, this is exactly what happened to me last fall (not near Christmas, more like October) and exactly why SVC will never again see my money. Fuck them and the horse they rode in on.
 
Haven't had a problem with them yet.

Ordered a Cathode and Arctic Silencer Rev. 3 receieved them both 2-3 days later after ordering since their place is in Cali.
 
wow.. didn't know svc was this bad... I have only heard good things about them... is it coincedence that it happened to be the holidays or has this happened to people out of season too? I was about to buy some cheap clearance cables..

[..::magnetik::..]
 
Back
Top