I have seen a number of people complain about the Surface Pro form factor -- the fact that the two pieces come apart, thus making it harder to use on your lap.
I have to ask -- who exactly uses their laptop on their lap in a business environment?
I use my laptop in meetings where we have tables, on airplanes, and at desks. I almost never use it where I don't have a hard surface. If I did, I would buy an ultrabook with a touch screen. If I wanted a gaming machine I would buy that. The Surface Pro is for business productivity IMHO.
I *sometimes* use my devices while standing, which is why the pen input of the Surface Pro is interesting to me. But again, less than 1% of the time am I sitting in a train or bus or park bench and trying to type more than few words...
I have to ask -- who exactly uses their laptop on their lap in a business environment?
I use my laptop in meetings where we have tables, on airplanes, and at desks. I almost never use it where I don't have a hard surface. If I did, I would buy an ultrabook with a touch screen. If I wanted a gaming machine I would buy that. The Surface Pro is for business productivity IMHO.
I *sometimes* use my devices while standing, which is why the pen input of the Surface Pro is interesting to me. But again, less than 1% of the time am I sitting in a train or bus or park bench and trying to type more than few words...