Supertalent ME 64gb

You can get another 10% using Bing cashback, would knock the price down to $126.

Go to Bing, search for "newegg" then click the 10% newegg banner ad on the results page.

Not sure about firmware compatibilty, sometimes i read "yes" and sometimes "no". I'm sure a quick and dirty search would yield the right answer.

I bought one of these drives and I read that there is new firmware that's recently been released for it by SuperTalent. So I see no need to try and use firmware from OCZ.

I would like to know if I need any special controller for this drive or will my Asus P5Q Pro accept it and use it just like a regular mechanical HD. Is this thing pretty much Plug-n-Play?

I bought one of these drives and I read that there is new firmware that's recently been released for it by SuperTalent. So I see no need to try and use firmware from OCZ.

I would like to know if I need any special controller for this drive or will my Asus P5Q Pro accept it and use it just like a regular mechanical HD. Is this thing pretty much Plug-n-Play?

Would like to know also since I have the same board.

Thanks, I'm sure this will be a big improvement over a mechanical HDD but wondering if I was a bit too hasty with this purchase. Thinking the 2nd gen X25-M woulda been worth waiting for but the price on newegg this morning combined with Bing 10% CB proved too tempting.

Every SSD I've tried has worked fine on my P5Q Pro. That includes the OCZ Solid, Vertex, X25-E, X25-M and SuperTalent PX (EOL SLC drive).

Back