Supernova Buys Shadow Warrior Developer

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Mar 15, 2019.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

Flying Wild Hog released Shadow Warrior 2 back in 2016, but we haven't heard much from the series' developer since then. However, the studio just announced that they were acquired by an investment firm. Game studios don't always fare well once they're bought out, but Supernova Capital was founded by members of Splash Damage, who worked on Dirty Bomb and the multiplayer components of Batman: Arkham Origins, Doom 3, and multiple Gears of War games. With their newly acquired pile of cash, the developer is opening a brand new studio in Poland, and given how crazy Shadowrun was, I can't wait to see what they come up with next. Thanks to cageymaru for the tip.

Flying Wild Hog is thrilled to announce an opening of a third studio in Rzeszow, Poland. We welcome on board a team of almost 30 veteran developers, who had worked on such titles as: Sniper: Ghost Warrior, Enemy Front, Lords of the Fallen, along with award-winning VR titles. We are sure this tight-knit team will enhance our upcoming projects with hard-earned expertise and fresh perspective. Marcin Kryszpin, Head of the FWH branch in Rzeszow, is excited to join Flying Wild Hog in such a crucial moment: Rzeszow's team built their renown working on dynamic, action-packed projects and we quickly have found a common ground with Hogs, who pride themselves with an unparalleled enthusiasm towards action games. We are sure that what we bring to the table will excite gamers. - he adds.

2. BloodyIron

BloodyIron 2[H]4U

Uh wasn't John Romero involved in this series? Or am I getting names muddled up?

3. Simmonz

Simmonz 2[H]4U

Not sure what you're getting it confused with but Romero had nothing to do with Flying Wild Hog.

4. The Mad Atheist

The Mad Atheist Gawd

Loved the 1st one, laptop wasn't powerful enough to play the 2nd.
    Thought someone hacked my PC and played The Touch during the intro which I also had on my drive, til I saw the Grimloc figure on the car's dash.
    Gotta kick when the rabbits first demoned out after killing a few of them. Guess that taught people like me a lesson from shooting rats in Metal Gear Solid.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  5. PhaseNoise

PhaseNoise [H]ard|Gawd

Solid game. And by solid I don't mean transcendent - I mean pretty fun, silly, and priced right. There's room for that in the world, methinks.

Patton187 and The Mad Atheist like this.
  6. pendragon1

pendragon1 [H]ardForum Junkie

love me some wang. could go for a shadow warrior 3...

MaZa likes this.
  7. BloodyIron

BloodyIron 2[H]4U

I'm referring to Shadow Warrior.

8. MaZa

MaZa 2[H]4U

So do I. The first reboot was just OK but Shadow Warrior 2 really nailed it. It was a great game and I'd love to see a sequel.

pendragon1 likes this.
  9. The Mad Atheist

The Mad Atheist Gawd

:(
    I can't even watch #2 play through on Youtube and pretend to play it with this loaner PC.

Is the dark humor as great on the 2nd one?

10. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Purchased in 2016 I have a solid 3 hrs. in the game.