Superman builds a Ryzen system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, Cavill seems like a really cool dude... sort of like Keanu. Love what he has done as the Witcher, and he’s definitely not afraid of nerding out on stuff like this... when he could easily afford to just have someone bring him a fully decked out PC. Definitely would fit right in with most of the [H] tech crowd.... one of us!

I can respect that build.
Nothing wrong with that build.

brows.gif

I also love that his build isn't excessive as you would expect from a millionaire geek gamer, you get a nice 'i`m like this guy' vibe

Sure... a nice I'm like this guy vibe that can drop the coin to build out a top tier AMD system with a 2080ti, NVME storage and a healthy amount of Ram. (I'm betting on 32gb).

You realize that isn't the common denominator right? We that drop 2g's on computer parts for an upgrade are not... 'common' or the 'usual'.

Just had to float that out there. :)

But yea it was cool to see him do a build.

On the NZXT AIO, I'm pretty sure the new ones have the ability to rotate the display in the CAM software now, so you can install it in any orientation. Didn't read all the manuals, apparently :cool:.

Gotta say, Cavill seems like a really cool dude... sort of like Keanu. Love what he has done as the Witcher, and he’s definitely not afraid of nerding out on stuff like this... when he could easily afford to just have someone bring him a fully decked out PC. Definitely would fit right in with most of the [H] tech crowd.... one of us!

He is super chill because he knows what it's like to be a "loser". Apparently he was quite fat as a kid and was bullied excessively because of it.

If you have instagram you should check him out. He's also into 40k and paints his own miniatures. He's a huge nerd.

An incredibly buff and handsome nerd, but still a nerd. I love him.

He is super chill because he knows what it's like to be a "loser". Apparently he was quite fat as a kid and was bullied excessively because of it.

If you have instagram you should check him out. He's also into 40k and paints his own miniatures. He's a huge nerd.

An incredibly buff and handsome nerd, but still a nerd. I love him.
Definitely a guy I would have hung out with in school. Coincidentally, he's only a few months older than me.

yeah where is the fun in having eveything done for you. Many times I have paid to have people do crap for me and its not enjoyable at all. I do everything I can because it is rewarding far more for me that way.

Did he... Did he use the thermal paste on the AIO water cooling for the CPU??? Sounds like a horrible idea.

yes, youre supposed to use paste. what have you been using?!

No, it skipped over the sequence where he put on the CPU cooler but it looked like he just used the default paste that was already on the heat sink and I almost threw up in my mouth.

Everyone knows the default paste is junk.

No, it skipped over the sequence where he put on the CPU cooler but it looked like he just used the default paste that was already on the heat sink and I almost threw up in my mouth.

yeah no. cm uses decent paste, thered be very little difference and you must have missed when he repasted after rotating the block...

"Junk" as in, at most, 1-2 degrees difference from "good" paste. The paste used on all Asetek units isn't junk, it's roughly mid-range. Not stupid expensive but not crap either. GamersNexus buys the exact same paste in bulk for use in their CPU and cooler tests.

At a minimum this was reviewed and approved by his 'people'. It may not have originally been his idea. It's possible they were brainstorming on how he could look off the clock but interesting and he offered the fact he was about to build a PC. That's probably the best case scenario for this be genuine.

These stars are using YT to stay in the public's mind because there basically won't be shit in the way of new movies until summer 2022 at the earliest.

AT least it wasn't like Brie whose person YT have 3-4 camera angles for every scene.

At a minimum this was reviewed and approved by his 'people'. It may not have originally been his idea. It's possible they were brainstorming on how he could look off the clock but interesting and he offered the fact he was about to build a PC. That's probably the best case scenario for this be genuine.

These stars are using YT to stay in the public's mind because there basically won't be shit in the way of new movies until summer 2022 at the earliest.

AT least it wasn't like Brie whose person YT have 3-4 camera angles for every scene.

The filming style is too unprofessional for it to be that much of a marketing thing. There's a bit too much real personality too. A PR team would likely have edited out that bit with the cooler being on upside down, because they'd think it would make Cavill look bad. It's definitely professionally edited (unless Cavill has a secret talent for video editing that no one has discovered) but it's still too "pure" to come out as complete PR fluff.

Well, Henry isn't your typical star... you must not know a lot about him. He's a full on PC gaming nerd - hell, he missed his call from Zack Snyder to let him know that he won the role of Superman because he was too busy raiding in WoW for heavens sake! Besides being an avid PC gamer, he also paints Warhammer figurines for fun and is an avid Sci-Fi reader. No, I think he's geniune here. Perhaps he may not have edited the video himself (I wouldn't be at all surpised if he did though!), but he definitely shot it and built a gaming PC. I strongly doubt this was put on as a "show" or a "gimick" - the dude actually is a nerd and is genuinely doing what he likes to do here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back