SUPERHOT Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
SUPERHOT is finally out and the reviews are starting to pop up all over the web. I can't believe it's been close to two years since we first saw this game (here).

During the actual playthrough, I’m tense and thoughtful in some moments and chortling in delight during other moments. SUPERHOT is a game in which time is often frozen but it’s a game that allows you to cherish every moment. Time stands still but it’s never wasted.

I think Kyle missed this thread since he locked the one that Steve linked to after somebody relied and yelled at them for bring back a 2 year old thread.

Like people said back then, I think it would get old fast. Is still a neat concept. Guess graphics didn't get any better since back then. :/

Hmm it still looks interesting, but since I don't have time I'll wait for a sale. Could be the first game I've bought in a long time.

Looks awesome but imo the price is just too high for what it is. Drop it by at least 33% (more like 50% tbh) and I'll buy it.

It's $18 at GMG after the 20% off code.
Bought today, completed story mode in roughly 2 hours. It's short, but it's sweet. Has a lot of unlockable mods, endless mode, and another mode (cannot remember the name).

I'm happy with it, I think it was worth $18. Regular price probably should have been $15 IMHO; I do think $25 is a bit steep for a fairly minimal 1P only game but (to its credit) there is some replayability there.

Just played a few minutes while on my lunch break.
Not bad. It's really more of a puzzle game by way of figuring out the best way to "attack" the situation.
I look forward to playing some more this weekend.

Love it. Played it for a few hours last night and had a blast. There are a lot of different ways you can play each scene. On a couple of scenes that I completed, I restarted a few times to try and make a cooler replay, or see if I could pull off something different. So cool to throw a bottle at the bartender, grab his gun out of the air, shoot him in the head, whip around, catch another guy, then turn, throw the pistol in the face of another guy, then beating him with melee attacks.

The game is cool.

I know this is a necro, but I just wanted to raise awareness..

While short in length, this game is a lot of fun and a breath of fresh air!

Check it out!!

Back