Super Mario Run’s Not-So-Super Gender Politics

At this point I'm offended at everyone that gets offended by every little thing. Their existence is an affront to my senses. The thing that scares me is if we think these people are bad now, imagine how shitty their kids are going to be. I can't wait for the day that telling someone to fuck off online results in actual fines or jail time, because that is where we are headed.

Shit Like this is why the democrats lost the presidency (well shit like this and a broken electoral college system). Needless whining over every single instance where some piece of media doesn't perfectly represent every single group of people in the country, in the most positive way possible (unless of course they misrepresented people are white males of course). As some who used to identify as a liberal, this is the kind of crap that just makes the average Joe six pack hate the left, and honestly it's hard to blame them.

Liberals should be focusing on important issues like criminal justice reform, and raising the minimum wage; and the looming student loan crisis. Instead they are worrying about stupid PC BS like making safespaces, and having 32 different restroom for whatever new gender just popped in to existence today, and making sure video games aren't "perpetuating negative stereotypes". People like the pussy who wrote this article are destroying the American Left from the inside. I bet all he got from his wife was a pat on the head, and a promise that if he keeps up the good work he will be allowed to think about her and touch himself with written consent once per month.

Because real work is hard while spewing PC BS is the effortless lowest common denominator to pander to the perpetually offended masses.

This guy is an idiot, but I do think the whole "princess is captured" thing is pretty played out as well. Not for reasons of sexism, but just because it's been basically every Mario game for forever.

Shit Like this is why the democrats lost the presidency (well shit like this and a broken electoral college system). Needless whining over every single instance where some piece of media doesn't perfectly represent every single group of people in the country, in the most positive way possible (unless of course they misrepresented people are white males of course). As some who used to identify as a liberal, this is the kind of crap that just makes the average Joe six pack hate the left, and honestly it's hard to blame them.

Liberals should be focusing on important issues like criminal justice reform, and raising the minimum wage; and the looming student loan crisis. Instead they are worrying about stupid PC BS like making safespaces, and having 32 different restroom for whatever new gender just popped in to existence today, and making sure video games aren't "perpetuating negative stereotypes". People like the pussy who wrote this article are destroying the American Left from the inside. I bet all he got from his wife was a pat on the head, and a promise that if he keeps up the good work he will be allowed to think about her and touch himself with written consent once per month.

standing-ovation.gif

But be prepared that if your feminist video games aren't fun, that they may be flops and not what people (male or female) want, and in the video game industry the consumer is always right.
Sounds like the plot to GamerGate. If you don't like female produced or centric games, you're a cis misogynist bigot.

This guy is an idiot, but I do think the whole "princess is captured" thing is pretty played out as well. Not for reasons of sexism, but just because it's been basically every Mario game for forever.
Maybe she just likes bondage. Or maybe she dumped Mario for Bowser and he keeps trying to kidnap her. #Braid

I cannot even see people like this as human. I'm not trying to mentally "other" them consciously. This attitude is just so utterly bizarre to me that they might as well be zoo animals.

The writer is essentially playing off of "what sells" right now. No i didn't read the article.

can guess who wears the pants in that family...yikes. I'd prolly have to go kill myself if this guy was my dad. Should we really EXPECT anything else from a Mario game, except a standard Mario game? Moron.

Back