Super Hot SSD Deals - M4s $1/Gb

RAID is bad for SSDs because you lose TRIM, so you lose more performance over time.

you will never dip below the performance of 2x drives in raid compared to 1x drive with trim when it comes to reading.

yeah eventually all i do is get my shit installed and then read from it a lot

My 2 64's were cancelled, but the 256 isout for delivery already. 24 hours later, gotta love it.

Now as long as the delivery doesn't get pushed back because of the snow....

My 2 64's were cancelled, but the 256 isout for delivery already. 24 hours later, gotta love it.

Now as long as the delivery doesn't get pushed back because of the snow....

I got a shipped notice for my 128GB. Can't track it yet using the tracking number, but at least it didn't get cancelled. Maybe I'll toss the Win8 preview on it for kicks before I turn it into a pure data drive, just not sure I want to try Win8 again, last experience with it was not pleasant.

Snow huh? We're expecting about a foot or more here in MA between today and tomorrow. It's coming down steady right now. ;)

Amazon.com now has all three models in stock and being offered directly from Amazon again, unlike when Newegg had the $1/GB sale.

Crossing my fucking fingers & praying for a belated price match :confused:

My 64GB shipped from Newegg yesterday, but I can't track it with the number yet. Then again, it's DHL, which sucks, so not being able to track the package isn't really a surprise.

I thought DHL no longer shipped in the US for some time now? Could've sworn they are Europe-only now...

I think it depends on where you live and the closest warehouse that has that product. I ordered mine yesterday and it should be here today based on the ups tracking # i got. :X

I thought DHL no longer shipped in the US for some time now? Could've sworn they are Europe-only now...

They must do some kind of internal shipping for the US, this is what it says on my tracking email:

"Egg Saver shipments are picked up from our warehouse at the close of each business day by DHL Global Mail, who handles shipping from Newegg to your nearest USPS facility. USPS then delivers the package to your ship-to address with your regular mail delivery within 4-7 business days."

Oh okay, I see now. It was a pretty big thing when they stopped US operations a 3+ years ago, at least to me since I heard about it when I was still working for UPS. That was when the economy just started getting as bad as it is..

If I could get a RevoDrive 3 X2 480GB for close to $787 I'd bite without even flinching...

I think it depends on where you live and the closest warehouse that has that product. I ordered mine yesterday and it should be here today based on the ups tracking # i got. :X

Mine is coming from CA to MA, so I've got some time before I see mine.

Maybe by then the snow will be gone.........

The 128 I ordered shipped today. Should be here on Friday. Shipping from Memphis.

Last edited:
Mother*bleep*er!!! I paid for UPS 3 day and it shows up in a *bleep*ing padded envelope!?!? The box has a slight tear and it's been crushed slightly on one side. It should be fine since it has no moving parts and the box isn't totally crushed but it's dissapointing that NewEgg would package a product like that. Well, at least this is my first NewEgg shipping gripe.

Mother*bleep*er!!! I paid for UPS 3 day and it shows up in a *bleep*ing padded envelope!?!? The box has a slight tear and it's been crushed slightly on one side. It should be fine since it has no moving parts and the box isn't totally crushed but it's dissapointing that NewEgg would package a product like that. Well, at least this is my first NewEgg shipping gripe.

There have been similar threads in the storage forum about them shipping like that.

SSD's are so lightweight and with the no moving parts, they don't get the typical protective packaging a HD would get it seems.

Should be interesting to see how mine comes in. Usually when its raining or snowing around here, everything shows up wet and damaged. :rolleyes:

That's never happened to me before. Newegg is usually good at packaging. Maybe this sale got them too hard? :D

you will never dip below the performance of 2x drives in raid compared to 1x drive with trim when it comes to reading.

But again, the reading isnt really going to make any difference anyway. You can tell when going from a HDD to an SSD because of the vastly different access times. But going from one good SSD to another, or RAIDing, you cant unless you do a lot of transfers.

The only reasons to RAID SSDs are,

Transfer rates
Benchmarking
You want to combine smaller drives to make one larger one

wow I'll have to see how my package arrived. I guess it depends on the warehouse it shipped from. BTW...I didn't pay extra for "next day" shipping :X :X :X

Sad to hear yet another bad story about Newegg's newer shipping problems. Every order I've made from them and Amazon have been double-boxed...

Amazon shipped mines in a bubble envelope as well. Shipped from Dallas by Ensenda, but box was in perfect condition.

256gb from newegg is en route as of last night. CA to UT so it should be here tomorrow/Friday. I normally get 2 day shipping from newegg's CA warehouse

Damn, I missed out on this. Would have gotten a little one for the HTPC and a second big one for a new build.

For what it's worth; when I bought my 128 gb one a couple months back (from Buy.com) mine came vaguely packed as well, and the box was a but crushed, but worked well and I forgot about it after that.

Has anyone else been unsuccessful in tracking these drives that are being shipped through DHL? Its been 2 1/2 days and my tracking info is still unavailable.

Has anyone else been unsuccessful in tracking these drives that are being shipped through DHL? Its been 2 1/2 days and my tracking info is still unavailable.

I guess I got lucky...mine says it's shipping UPS.

Methinks Yamaha didn't get one...

I did get a 64, but wish I went with 128.

It's just annoying when a good thread turns into pages of "Oh! It shipped! Oh! I got my tracking number..."

It's usually what happens when you order something. It is shipped, you are issued a tracking number, and believe it or not, eventually it shows up at your house.

Yeah, stop bumping this thread unless there are more hot deals. Tired of seeing this pop up as having new posts, only to have is be something stupid.

Anything is better than USPS.. They have two tracking updates total.
>We got it.
>Delivered.

Back