Summer, destroyer of OC's

Acoustique

Gawd
stupid season, oc keeps crashing now its hotter like a 10c+ on temps in most cases
anyone care to share an expirence with the evil of summer.:p

i agree. All the more reason to run a water loop. Although I have seen some pretty effective ghetto A/C vent cooling rigs.

Eh, I'm on air cooling on all my rigs and don't have a problem keeping the same clocks year round. Then again, I demand stability 100% which means I have to leave a good bit of headroom to make sure the processor doesn't become unstable when the temps go up.

By utilizing even a small portion of airconditioning (in most homes in U.S.............so wasteful) as cool air intake for your case you will get some good oc's year round.

I do all my OC stability testing at the highest temps my appartment gets to in the summer regardless of when in the year it is. Just suck it up and crank the heat during any new winter OCs.

Where I live it's about the same temperature year-round. Unfortunately, it's above eighty degrees.

Look at his profile. Clearly he's talking about temperatures on the Kelvin (or Raleigh) scale.

By utilizing even a small portion of airconditioning (in most homes in U.S.............so wasteful) as cool air intake for your case you will get some good oc's year round.

Come to Alabama in late July and early august and the A/C is money well spent for me.

Heats not to bad here in NZ , during summer hottest we see is around 35 degrees in some places. but my rigs are fine in the heat.

Heats not to bad here in NZ , during summer hottest we see is around 35 degrees in some places. but my rigs are fine in the heat.

im in christchurch :) my e6850 @ 3.2ghz is sitting at 41°c on each core and its 11:24pm at night, im using an arctic freezer pro 7 on my cpu as well, oh and my sapphire dual slot 4850 is sitting at 48°c with the fan on 90% o_O

my rig is fine and 100% stable but it still a tad warm for my liking, but not so much that i would buy water cooling

Im using a coolit Freezone elite and my e6600 is sittin at a happy 29 degrees at this time of nite overclocked to 3.2ghz

Yeah, I have mine overclocked too and on normal days my idle temps are hovering around 42-44. Right now it usually stays above 47. Argh.

And as for the load temps, in the high 60's, even goes up to 70C. Shit.

Heh, on my Q9450 i can overclock it to 4.0ghz in the morning when ambient temps are low, but by midday, the system starts getting temps into the upper 70's (><)

Back