• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Summer Break

402blownstroker

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Nov. 2012
Joined
Jan 5, 2006
Messages
3,257
I am taking a summer break from folding. I run all my stuff in my basement on things are just not working.... or I am getting old. I am tired of anything I touch in the basement being heat soaked around 100+ degrees. For the love of god, my ass is drenched just sitting in the chair as I type this :eek:
 
ass sweat is the worst kind of sweat
 
I respectively give the 10th [H]orde overall point spot to:

  • Quisarious
  • brilong
  • sc0tty8

Let's see you guys work for it :)
 
ass sweat is the worst kind of sweat



I have constructed blueprints to specifically deal with this. Mainly taking a spare 230mm case fan I have lying around and jerry rigging it to the chair lol.
 
I have constructed blueprints to specifically deal with this. Mainly taking a spare 230mm case fan I have lying around and jerry rigging it to the chair lol.

3 Walmart box fans help little. At best I think the produce a convection heating affect :D
 
3 Walmart box fans help little. At best I think the produce a convection heating affect :D

It's known as the blast furnace effect... blow oxygen(air) into heat source, 4p/ass crack take your pick ;) , it will generate more heat. :p
 
I am taking a summer break from folding. I run all my stuff in my basement on things are just not working.... or I am getting old. I am tired of anything I touch in the basement being heat soaked around 100+ degrees. For the love of god, my ass is drenched just sitting in the chair as I type this :eek:

Wuss.
 

lol

I'm no big hitter, but I've even considered it with my measly rig. Already backed off the OC because I couldn't maintain stability at higher temps (or wasn't comfortable with the temps I had).

Summer sucks. jk. but seriously. but not really.

I hear ya 402.
 
See you in the fall 402 when you will need the heat. I am pretty fortunate here where I live our average july and august highs are 72 F, I feel for all of you that have to put up with that kind of heat :(
 
My AC runs a lot. I may relocate a box for the season.
 
See you in the fall 402 when you will need the heat. I am pretty fortunate here where I live our average july and august highs are 72 F, I feel for all of you that have to put up with that kind of heat :(


Yellowknife?
 
you should still get through a few units per night, probably enough to net about 100k per night
 
What I'm building is a giant box to house all my GPU's and then venting it to the outdoors. I'm going to have an AC vent blowing in...
 
I guess I'm lucky so far... temps have been around mid 75's and the nights around 55. Still them 4P's put out some heat and I look forward to warming the house around Christmas without changing my bills.
 
I respectively give the 10th [H]orde overall point spot to:

  • Quisarious
  • brilong
  • sc0tty8

Let's see you guys work for it :)
Wait just a minute, I should take it back for a few days before they do.

...and then they'll mow me like I'm standing still.
 
Back
Top