Suggestions: What kind of receiver for Polk R15s?

igl00jx

2[H]4U
I have ordered a pair of Polk R15s off of ebay. I was wondering what kind of receiver to use for these speakers as I'll be using these hooked up to my pc. My budget for a receiver is $200, shipping included in the price. My main use will mostly be for music listening and movies, and the occasional gaming. I want to leave room for surrond sound in the future too, so a 5.1 receiver will be fine. I don't have a sound card yet, but will get one in the upcoming months. Any and all suggestions will be welcomed.

HK AVR130 or higher would be good... I'm always partial to HK because of their awesome customer service, good quality products, and well designed receivers.

i agree, i love my HK avr130. Even if it is the entry level 5.1 with a deceivingly low wattage, it sounds fantastic with my beta 50's, c250 and Goodwill surorunds :D.
got it used off ebay for $120 with shipping so i bet you could get a 135 or maybe 140 for $200

and be sure to get a sound card that supports digital

How would the Denon AVR-1500 go with the Polks? I found one on craigslist in my area for $50. It seems as though it's an analog receiver. Would it make a difference if I went analog as opposed to digital? Thanks for the previous suggestions, and for future suggestions/ tips. :D

xr55 seconded. I love HK as well, but I don't really like their 1xx models. I have a NAD with Polk R30s at the moment, but that's just because I haven't finished my DIY stuff (a TON of stuff has popped up lately)

Won an auction for a Harman Kardon AVR 135 off of ebay today. Can't wait to get it. Thanks to all who replied! :D
(Now to get a soundcard) :rolleyes:

Back