• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Suggestion for Eyefinity and 3d Surround

kevineugenius

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
1,415
So, currently things work like this:
Code:
0123456789abcdefghijk|<--Monitor Bezel-->|lmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789ABCDE

I think with some decent software config, it could be made to work like this:
Code:
0123456789abcdefghijk|<--Monitor Bezel-->|6789ABCDE

Unclear? Yeah, probably. Basically, let the software know where the edges of your viewing panels are at so it could become more like looking through a window or cockpit with the monitor bezels being obstructions rather than having a 2 inch gap in the viewable area. My brain thinks that part of the image is hidden behind the bezels already, that's just how our eyes work. I don't think it would be that hard to take advantage of it and make it a bit more realistic and immersive.
 
It's called bezel compensation. It's been in eyefinity for ages, and I'm pretty sure 3D surround has it too.
 
uhhh yeah...bezel compensation works in eyefinity. and it works well. i dont even notice the missing "information" while playing games because im concentrated on the main screen and only use the sides for peripheral.

i cant saying anything about nvidia surround as i have not had any experience with it. once nvidia can do it all with just one card then maybe i will consider buying one of their products.
 
I'm a portrait eyefinity user and really didn't like using bezel compensation. The "window" look really didn't work for me in games. I got used to the bezels quickly and my brain processes the whole image pretty seamlessly without bezel compensation. I practically don't notice the bezels in games.
 
I'm a portrait eyefinity user and really didn't like using bezel compensation. The "window" look really didn't work for me in games. I got used to the bezels quickly and my brain processes the whole image pretty seamlessly without bezel compensation. I practically don't notice the bezels in games.

+1

Also you can remove the bezels on your monitors and get a monitor arm or make a stand of some kind then you'd have an even smaller gap between panels especially if you go portrait.

Here's my setup before and after. It'll help the brain :p



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Zoomed in to give you an idea of how much bezel was ruining my life :(



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With the new improved Bezel removal Mod!! :D (I also moved the buttons/Light to the back of the LCD)



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

One more for good measure



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Lame. Uh, here's a new brilliant idea... SOMEONE TELL ME ABOUT THESE THINGS before I make cool little ASCII diagrams explaining how big of a noob I am. :)
 
I used the Nvidia bezel correction - it does what it's supposed to, but it made the menus shift over to the right on BC2 when you are at the loadout screen.

Also, if anything happens to be in that zone, you can't see it (subbtitles, etc)- the small amount of "jump" from edge to edge does not bother me.
 
A-HA! I'm not as big a noob as I thought. One of my monitors reports that it is a 24.2 and the other two report that they are 24.0 inch, so the option for bezel comp is hidden in CCC. Sad panda... looking into a hack now.
 
Last edited:
You are meant to use three identical monitors for eyefinity to get all its features. Not doing so can lead to a great deal of disappointment.
 
A-HA! I'm not as big a noob as I thought. One of my monitors reports that it is a 24.0 and the other two report that they are 24.2 inch, so the option for bezel comp is hidden in CCC. Sad panda... looking into a hack now.

Are all 3 of your monitors identical? Sometimes AMD cards read the edid wrong on some panels. If they ARE all identical there may be a fix. If not, your not going to get bezel correction.
 
They're close enough and I DL'd a util to read the EDIDs. I have a 2407wfp, 2407wfp-HC, and a 2408wfp (I was on a budget, bought things when they were cheap). The 2408wfp shows as 24.2 inches for some reason. So, I *could* flash the EDID and spend tons of time and stress on it, or I can just pretend it was never invented and I'll be just as happy as I was a couple days ago.
 
Back
Top