- Joined
- Sep 29, 2001
- Messages
- 21,838
those are all warranty replacements over the yearsThat's quite a collection.
That is one of the main reasons I buy Logitech, excellent warranty and customer service.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
those are all warranty replacements over the yearsThat's quite a collection.
Yeah, got a reminder of that with this defective Model o-those are all warranty replacements over the years
That is one of the main reasons I buy Logitech, excellent warranty and customer service.
I've had bad luck with all products/manufacturers that I've used. My logitech keyboard keys got brittle and all started breaking so that turned me off of them quickly. At least a mechanical switches going bad is common among manufacturers, but keys being brittle and just breaking... Crap. Razor is a bit pricey and their quality isn't the best in the worlds but they work and it's comfy enough for my hand. I also refuse to install their software so w/e stock lighting is on my keyboard/mouse is what it is. That said, my son is more into RGB so his MB, Ram, CPU cooler, keyboard, mouse, headphones, w/e else he's got are all synced up using their software.Ive always had bad luck with Razor mice and keyboards. I refuse to buy them. That being said, I am on a Logitech G304 that I got on 6/6/2018 and all of a sudden it doesn't travel smoothly, like the battery is dying but that isn't the issue.. Took it apart and cleaned it but still the same.. Not sure if it is time for a new one, and what kind to get..
I dunno, much cheaper than replacing my mouse every other year... And since I've got a family of 5 (with 6 desktops for when friends come over) it's closer to every 4 months. I paid like $10 for 8 buttons, resolder is like $10... And you don't have to r place the skates if you don't booger them up to bad. So, minus the one time tool cost (I had one already did to my other hobbies of building circuit boards) it's less than $5 a mouse and takes about 15 minutes once you do a few. If you feel like replacing the skates, add another dollar or two. Still much cheaper than a $60+ mouse and hoping you like the comfort/style/feel. I get not wanting to do it especially if you're not already comfortable with a soldering iron or desoldering iron, but it's really cost effective and I prefer the feel of the GM 4.0's over most stock omron switches.also super sick of the double click issue, on my 4th G903. I have looked into swapping switches but after buying a desolder tool, new switches, new skates.... seem like a waste.
How is the razor with optical switch? I really love the full time wireless charging on the logitech but I can live without for something that works.
I have had the razor basilisk ultimate for I think about a year. I've experienced no hardware issues. It's a really nice mouse. But as a disclaimer, I've never had any failure with any mouse I've ever owned (mostly logitech, for as long as mice were things on a PC).How is the razor with optical switch? I really love the full time wireless charging on the logitech but I can live without for something that works.
I have had the razor basilisk ultimate for I think about a year. I've experienced no hardware issues. It's a really nice mouse. But as a disclaimer, I've never had any failure with any mouse I've ever owned (mostly logitech, for as long as mice were things on a PC).
I just hate razor's software. I got that mouse and the huntsman elite keyboard as gifts, and one thing which peeves me endlessly - when you lock the workstation or log out, it returns to its default profile which you cannot change.
And of course the default is not just some mild back-lighting. Nope, it's a full rainbow which would make even a pride parade say 'dude, dial it back'.
You can force it down then with Fn-F11 (every time), but why. WHY do I have to reinforce the "I am leaving my workstation, and would prefer it not be a glowing beacon" model?
Bear in mind the pre-travel is to protect the life of the switch.I just de-soldered the original Chinese 50M click Omron switches in my Corsair M65 elite and replaced them with some Omron switches made in Japan.
So far so good! The double click issue is completely gone so far. Plus the actuation of the "click" is crisper and requires slightly more pressure than the original button which I like. The button on the the new switch is several thousands taller than the old one too which removed the pre-travel of the mouse click as well!
Best decision I've made in a while, we'll see how it holds up... Plus the new switches were only around $1.60 a piece, so I replaced both the left and right click switches.