Subwoofer Y-Cable

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
My subwoofer stopped working, I think it's just the Y cable. I went to monoprice and I bought a new subwoofer Y cable. However, monoprice sent me the bottom cable. The top cable is the one I had before (also bought from monoprice). So now my subwoofer cable does not fit into the port of the Y cable. You can see that the bottom Y cable has a much smaller plug and the top Y cable has a much longer plug at the end.

Where can I get the y-cable with the longer plug at the end? I have searched monoprice but can't seem to find it.
IMG_20120423_133956.jpg
[/IMG]

Are you using subwoofer out on your receiver. You shouldn't need a Y cable.

i was going to say the same thing... unless you are splitting it arcoss 2 subs or something.....

Last edited:
Oh, they have the Dayton in wood finish. Man that is to tempting to pass up.

Here is a photo of the back of the sub. I had the Y cable hooked up to the "INPUT" input as well as either the "L" or "R" input, not sure if this makes any difference.

707Onix.2.jpg

Here is a photo of the back of the sub. I had the Y cable hooked up to the "INPUT" input as well as either the "L" or "R" input, not sure if this makes any difference.

707Onix.2.jpg

:If you use the Y cable, it would go to the L/R white and red line inputs. If you have a single sub out on your receiver (which should, often labled "LFE"), then the single cables just goes to the input jack.

Yeah, some subs also add +3db when you use the splitter to the L/R like that :). I believe elemental designs is one of them.

Yeah, some subs also add +3db when you use the splitter to the L/R like that :). I believe elemental designs is one of them.

and I thought splitting the LFE signal like that will end up with a -3db loss as well...

What AVR are you attaching this sub to?

707Onix.2.jpg

You should just plug the LFE from your processors into the "Subwoofer Input" port.

a lot of subs will designate one of the inputs for mono use (my Yamaha uses the left one) only time you need to use a Y cable is if you have 2 subs. My receiver has 2 sub preout jacks so not an issue for me.

Back