Sub-$200 that can take multiple photos quickly (Large frame buffer?)

Kido1986

[H]ard|Gawd
I need a camera that can take 5-6 photos without having to go on a long delay to write it to the memory card. I believe what Im looking for is a large frame buffer?

I want to spend under $200 for this, and have a camera with decent IQ and pocket size (I'd love to pick up a used older dSLR but I need something pocketable).

Ive heard Powershots have decent framebuffers but that was from people who know only a little about cameras, so I wouldn't blindly trust them.

well, figure out what the minimum speed you need is...then maybe some other recommendations will start to pop up.

I've heard that the Sony Wxx series are fast, but that was a year ago. But that speed is still around 1 fps.

My own SD1000 is also around 1fps, maybe a wee bit faster, but still very slow compared dSLR's

Could search for a used dSLR. An old Rebel XT could be in your budget with a little bit more. The most basic ones manage 3fps and that is about the max your budget is going to allow.

1-2fps is what I want. I was looking at the sd1000 so if it does 1fps, it may be worth it. How long does your flash take to reload?

with flash....don't even think about getting 1fps....if you really need the exact numbers I'll get some results later.

I don't think any p&s camera can do that.

Even my rebel xt with the built in flash only does about 1fps. With an external...it goes full speed until the flash runs out of buffer.

I know flash slows it down a while, but Im wondering what the SD1000 does with it on.

I wouldnt mind an older 5-6mp DSLR but I need something smaller.

What are you speed shooting for?

and with flash you are going to be limited with anything, it just plain takes awhile for a flash to reload PLUS you will overheat and blow the flash if you keep using it for too long consecutively.

1-2fps without flash, I know all camera have a considerable reload with flash, unless you have external flash

I think my dad has an extra SD520 laying around in his office. I read its decent speed so Im gonna ask him tomorrow if I can use it. Only 4mp but decent pictures for a 4mp camera.

A lot of basic cameras will do consecutive shots but only about 1fps, as to the stock flash no way. If you find one with a hotshoe you could get a much nicer one but at the point your spending more than the camera probably :p

Back