• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stupid question - Looking for a simple list maker program

Simpson5774

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
2,937
Okay, What I want to do is to take a folder full of items (lets say music), and take all of the file names in wherever and put them into a text pad. Obviously I could do this by coping and pasting the names individually, but that takes a long, long time.

My guess is a program like this can be written in about 20 lines of code, but programing never was my strong suit.

Obviously if a program exists that does the stated above, link me please.
 
I do this from CMD

dir /s /b >files.txt

Your going to have to explain that one a little better, I am not 100% on what to do on this one.


Thx for the help.

Edit. I figured it out, but it would be nice not to have the whole c:\users\bla bla bla next to the file names I want.
 
Back
Top