• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Stumped regarding RocketRAID 2320 beeping

Joined
Oct 8, 2010
Messages
8
I acquired a RocketRAID card from a friend a few months ago and have setup a RAID 10 array with 4 drives, installed Mac OS X on the machine, and thought I would be happily chugging along. I noticed, which I can only imagine is at disk access time as there seems to be a variable time limit, the machine will lock up (no writing to the disk) and I hear an audible beep continuously.

Now, the first time this happened I checked the diagnostic software and noticed that a drive had some bad sectors but the array was listed in good condition. For good measure I replaced that hard-drive with a brand new one and rebuilt the array. All seemed fine until I started it up and sure enough, a few hours later, beeping. I have three (3) Seagate 500GB hard-drives in there (two of the same batch, one from a separate batch) and a Western Digital drive.

My hardware setup is pretty basic: GA-X58A-UD3R, Core i7 2.66 GHZ and 8GB of DDR3. The case is well ventilated (Lian Li) and the card itself is quite clean (no dust). I checked all of the cable connections and they seem secure.

The card is well rated on Newegg and I haven't noticed anyone having a similar issue. I hear that it is a royal PITA to get support from Highpoint so I figured I'd stop by here to see what the gurus and tell me.

Thanks much, jb
 
Figured I would post more system information: PCP&C 750W Quad SLI, Geforce 260 GTX and Lite-on DVD-RW.
 
I am beginning to wonder if it is possible that this card may be overheating. Before it would take days for the beeping to occur now it seems that after a few minutes of running the beeping begins. It is definitely coming from the RR card. There is no fan on the IC and the heat sink is definitely hot.

Anyone have any suggestions?
 
Back
Top