Stuck pixel, any hope?

Compddd

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a Dell 3007WFP-HC, I cleaned the screen with a micro fiber cloth and now I have 1 stuck red pixel in the upper left.

It will go away if I turn off the monitor over night, and comes back after 15 minutes of the monitor being on.

Tried the gentle rub method, the screen fix videos, didn't work.

Is there any hope or do I just have to hope it will go away on it's own?

I had one Smack dab in the middle near the top of my screen - tried everything to get rid of it. (rub method would work for awhile) eventually I stopped noticing it. (maybe setting my background image to a "blue sky image had something to do with that also)

As a FYI - I just checked it (switched back to a black screen) and it's gone.

Your Mileage may very :D

Axe

I have, in the past, managed to fix dead subpixels by rubbing them forcefully with a microfibre cloth. It doesn't always work and you don't want to overdo it but it can work. There other thing you could try is unplugging it overnight.

How does unplugging it overnight fix it? Honestly curious, I will try it.

years ago i found a program that rapdly switched between screen colors. the idea was to help findind dead or stuck pixels, but it had a mode that tried to cure stuck pixels by keeping the color changes over hours.

Try udpix with the smaller square (not full screen) and flashing at a higher rate (default is slower than refresh rate of a 60hz monitor I believe) while rubbing/tapping.

Just use the microfiber with your finger. It isn't a fine point issue.

You might need to leave it cycling the colors for a while, as well as tap/rub for awhile. Keep in mind you need to push a bit while rubbing, not just rubbing the surface (wouldn't even affect anything), more like massaging the spot. This is just my personal experience and helped solve one. I think I left it cycling a good 10mins+ (at least) at 10ms (actually faster than the monitor can refresh) came back and tapped/rubbed for a few mins from what I remember. Wasn't previously working at slower cycles or shorter time periods.

Keep in mind no gurantees.

I have this from time to time, but got really worst other night when I went to clean my screen.

Luckily mine is on the left hand side, but what I did was keep pushing in the screen on the spot and all around it. I found if I don't push directly on the pixel but a little to the right of it, it starts blinking then goes away. Sometimes it comes back a few minutes later but will last months like that. I seem to go through this every once in a while.

It just a matter of trial and error but no guarantees, and none of that software ever helped, I think because it really a hardware manufacturing defect

Back