Stuck between two laptops

Go into the store and touch them. They are pretty much identical spec-wise (unless "Pentium Dualcore" is is a rename of Core2 instead of a rename of Core1, which i doubt).

Do not under any circumstances buy that Sony. I work at Geek Squad and I have to say those are not the most reliable notebooks. I have seen quite a few in service. Also, the touch of them are terrible, they are made of cheap plastic parts.

The HP on the other hand is of excellent build quality. They feel a ton more solid when they are in your hands.

But go into the store and touch them, you will notice what I'm talking about.

Hp > Sony IMO, Sony has some nice stuff but you need to get one of there top of the line notebooks to see the quality.

Pentium Dual Core is basically a Core Duo with just 1MB L2 cache instead of a 2MB L2 Cache. So while the Sony may have slightly better performance, I say go for the HP because of their better build quality.

Sony is ugly, get the HP. Get the Sony if you really want people to make fun of you.

Don't buy either just yet... Intel announces Santa Rosa tomorrow which both Sony and HP will be including in their laptops this month. You should wait until then and even if you don't buy a santa rosa based laptop, it should drive prices down more.

available on built to order through hp, I am torn between that 15 inch and 14 inch.

I don't travel much, but will be lugging the laptop in my briefcase everyday.
The coupon was worth an extra $80 off their regular $100 off and can't be stacked.

coupon code NB6444 plus you get a a free printer and shipping.

Oh and I am also torn between the amd vs intel. At staples today the amd ran very fast- just starting apps. Maybe the intel notebook chip was already bloated with virus and other crap running. Just my non-scientific results.

Back